Why make fun of the Raelians?

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
Why does everybody make fun of them? After looking at their site, their beliefs are no more ridiculous than christian, jewish or muslim beliefs are, and seem to provide a more peaceful message than any of the above three.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Be afraid...

WHAT HAPPENED?
On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from an other planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

The extra-terrestrial was about four feet in height, had long dark hair, almond shaped eyes, olive skin and exuded harmony and humour. He told Rael that "we were the ones who made all life on earth, you mistook us for gods, we were at the origin of your main religions. Now that you are mature enough to understand this, we would like to enter official contact through an embassy".

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
I make fun of all organized groups. Here is my theory, if they are a collective, then they get mocked.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Given that their website features spaceships, WTF do you expect?

http://www.rael.org/

On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from an other planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

The extra-terrestrial was about four feet in height, had long dark hair, almond shaped eyes, olive skin and exuded harmony and humour. He told Rael that "we were the ones who made all life on earth, you mistook us for gods, we were at the origin of your main religions. Now that you are mature enough to understand this, we would like to enter official contact through an embassy".

Viper GTS

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
That's cool if you think they are off the wall. While I don't dismiss extraterristrial involvement with our species (after all, even darwinian evolution speaks about a missing link between ape and man), I don't believe in their "facts". It's just that I see alot of Christians and others knocking them withing batting an eyelash, when they implicitly believe in resurrection, water-walking and many other fantastic events that aren't evidenced (in any more concrete way than the "evidence" of these Raelians) or repeatable anywhere.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i agree... from an objective standpoint, just about any religion sound kooky. it is only because you either believe in it or have becomed accustomed to it, that you don't think a religion like christianity is just as crazy.

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
Given that their website features spaceships, WTF do you expect?

Why? and Christian websites speak about a beareded man who they can't prove existed. And about how Earth was created in 6 days. That's more reasonable somehow?

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
On October 7,1975, he was physically contacted again by the Elohim. They took him to their planet, where he was given yet another message .

Bwaaahahahahaha...

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why make fun of the Raelians?
Cue the theramin! < old sci-fi sound effect > OoooohWHEEEEEEoooo... < /old sci-fi sound effect >

Yeah... Just because their premise is, we're all clones of space aliens, why make fun of them?
rolleye.gif
One good reason would be that it's more polite than throwing stones at them. Besides that, they just look so strange. Maybe they are space aliens. :p

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
hmm he got a massage from an alien...fun.

If aliens wanted to set up an embassy, logic suggest they would do it in a way so everyone would know its not BS. Otherwise its as credible as the whole cloning thing.

ArmenK

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by: 911paramedic
On October 7,1975, he was physically contacted again by the Elohim. They took him to their planet, where he was given yet another message .

Bwaaahahahahaha...

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" She said to him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one coming into the world."

John 11:25-27

Bwaaahahahahaha...

rubix

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
"Why does everybody make fun of them? After looking at their site, their beliefs are no more ridiculous than christian, jewish or muslim beliefs are"

No, their beliefs are AS ridiculous as any other religion's are.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: BlipBlop
That's cool if you think they are off the wall. While I don't dismiss extraterristrial involvement with our species (after all, even darwinian evolution speaks about a missing link between ape and man), I don't believe in their "facts". It's just that I see alot of Christians and others knocking them withing batting an eyelash, when they implicitly believe in resurrection, water-walking and many other fantastic events that aren't evidenced (in any more concrete way than the "evidence" of these Raelians) or repeatable anywhere.

What missing link between ape and man? Men are apes.

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
As far as I recall, the evolutionary ladder has a gap for the great jump from apes to the fullblown critical thinking and self-awareness of man.

rubix

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
therefore an invisible, unproveable, magical, all powerful, perfect entity called god must exist. now just pick which one, there are only a few 1000 most of which people just arbitrarily disgard and yet egotistically somehow think they picked the right one.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: halik
hmm he got a massage from an alien...fun.

If aliens wanted to set up an embassy, logic suggest they would do it in a way so everyone would know its not BS. Otherwise its as credible as the whole cloning thing.

A massage eh? That might explain the 4n4l probing! :Q :D

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Sorry man, but ANY religion that believes that all human beings came from a bunch of French-speaking space aliens seems pretty f-ed up to me!

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Yeah, it's really a matter of being mainstream. All new religions get ridiculed at first because they're not mainstream, and it's usually a lot bloodier. As religions age, those that appeal to the sensibilities of enough people survive and become more deeply imbedded in a culture's traditions and shape what we consider to be normal. Even those who don't subcribe to a particular belief set are still exposed to it, and it just seems more normal for them because the rest of their culture has been impacted by it. Who knows, a thousand years from now the Raelian religion might be one of the dominant faiths on the planet.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Try reading past the alien message and look at their beliefs regarding sensuality...

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ArmenK
Originally posted by: 911paramedic

Bwaaahahahahaha...

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" She said to him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one coming into the world."

John 11:25-27

Bwaaahahahahaha...

Haha... I find this amusing. :p