why generation y yuppies are unhappy

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Demand for what?

New Jersey's unemployment rate is 8.5 (41st in the nation) Texas's is 6.4 (17th in the nation).

Texans enjoy more spending power, and as pointed out several times here, some of the current best job markets in the country.

The only good thing about the over-inflated price of real estate in New Jersey, is that if you can find someone dumb enough to buy your house, you can move the hell out (like more people are doing than are moving in) and buy a better house elsewhere for half the cost, and with far fewer taxes. (Jersey real estate taxes are ridiculous.)

Anyone who really thinks that more people are clamoring for a piece of land in Newark vs. Austin or Dallas, needs their head examined.

Once again, the only people that hate TX are dumb libs that hate the fact that TX is currently proving all their big government/high tax rates/punitive business climates is nothing but a load of horseshit.

You are comparing one of the crappiest cities in the country with other cities? You are talking about 6000 people?

You think the best job markets have 38% of all jobs being minimum wage? 49th in education?

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Meanwhile shadow9d9 is planning his move to Texas. Geesh, maybe reminding libs that their shitholes are eclipsed by Texas isn't such a good idea?

Next thing you know, Texas will be taken over by annoying Jersey morons and other than a booming market for way too much spray tan and hair gel, everything will go straight to shit.

Does anyone in TX really want an influx of this?:

slide_4127_57711_large.jpg

Who are you trying to appeal to? The fact that you even know those characters show you know more about that kind of trash than I : ).

You tried to compare regular cities to newark... dude, you should totally compare normal cities to Camden, because that is worse!

Go to Texas if you want to be shot in the face by hicks like Dick Cheney! I'd take the weird skinned kids compared to that!

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
What does liberal legislation have to do with liberals being left of center? There's no such thing as a liberal that's to the right of center.....period.

You can repeat your BS as many times as you like but it will not make it become the truth.

So, while according to you we have a LIBERAL party, you can't name 5-10 pieces of legislation in the last TWENTY YEARS!?

If the democrats are "left", then you WOULD NOT have a problem... Who is the hack now? You need to push the fantasy that there are "liberals" so you could route for your team...

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Are you trying to use anecdotes as facts? Where are these jobs located? Bumfuck US?

More importantly, are you DENYING the massive outsourcing done by boomers?

Are you also trying to say that non blue collar jobs like IT have been outsourced?

Not surprisingly no boomer can be found who had a choice in what went overseas. The CEOs wanted a bigger bonus, and they don't give a crap about anyone, boomers included.

It's a cool conspiracy theory though.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Not surprisingly no boomer can be found who had a choice in what went overseas. The CEOs wanted a bigger bonus, and they don't give a crap about anyone, boomers included.

It's a cool conspiracy theory though.

What generation are a majority of CEOs?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
So, while according to you we have a LIBERAL party, you can't name 5-10 pieces of legislation in the last TWENTY YEARS!?

If the democrats are "left", then you WOULD NOT have a problem... Who is the hack now? You need to push the fantasy that there are "liberals" so you could route for your team...

LMAO!!!! I'm a moderate conservative (ie middle right) and very seldom in agreeance with who you consider my team. The main reason liberals have not put forth this legislation you keep asking for is it lacks support from the middle left. No doubt there are liberals and those who line up to the left of the middle politically. Your ramblings will not change this however, I'm sure that won't stop you from trying to get people to agree with your point of view.

Nov 8, 2012
Meanwhile shadow9d9 is planning his move to Texas. Geesh, maybe reminding libs that their shitholes are eclipsed by Texas isn't such a good idea?

Next thing you know, Texas will be taken over by annoying Jersey morons and other than a booming market for way too much spray tan and hair gel, everything will go straight to shit.

Does anyone in TX really want an influx of this?:

slide_4127_57711_large.jpg

Apparently you don't know how much influx is going into Austin and Houston right now D:

Sadly what you are saying is well on its way :\

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/06/16/246892/perry-minumum-wage-jobs/

"Additionally, Texas has by far the largest number of employees working at or below the federal minimum wage ($7.25 per hour in 2010) compared to any state, according to a BLS report. In 2010, about 550,000 Texans were working at or below minimum wage, or about 9.5 percent of all workers paid by the hour in the state. Texas tied with Mississippi for the greatest percentage of minimum wage workers…From 2007 to 2010, the number of minimum wage workers in Texas rose from 221,000 to 550,000, an increase of nearly 150 percent.
The Texas Independent added, “the median hourly earnings for all Texas workers was $11.20 per hour in 2010, compared to the national median of $12.50 per hour.”"

http://americanindependent.com/1890...ed-by-jobs-including-a-lot-of-low-paying-ones

Isn't it funny that none of you even bother to reference the fact that Texas is the 49th in the country for education? I think it is hilarious!

And again, the deregulation in Texas-

"While the explosion is still being investigated, preliminary findings have been presented to Congress. A report sent to the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee in June showed that the decades-old standards used to regulate fertilizer chemicals are far weaker than those used in other countries.

The report concluded that the safety of ammonium nitrate fertilizer storage "falls under a patchwork of U.S. regulatory standards and guidance – a patchwork that has many large holes.""

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/01/obama-chemical-plants_n_3688272.html
It may shock you to know this, but New Jersey and Texas are actually in the same country.

Let me mention just a few shitholes in Jersey.

Trenton

Camden

Elizabeth

Newark

Jersey City

Paterson

Hoboken

I've worked in all of them and never worked in any place that comes close anywhere in Texas.
I don't think there is a city in America that can compete with Camden.

Heh! Sounds like a typical Jersey dumbass alright.

What's the difference between New Jersey and a bucket of shit?

The bucket.

Why is New Jersey called the "Garden State"?

Because "Slums, Landfill and Toxic Waste State" wouldn't fit on a license plate!
LOL +1

yuku

Jul 3, 2013
Lets just go ahead and face it, people no longer know what makes them happy.

If you listen to commercials, the only way to be happy is to be in massive debt - buy the new phone, buy the new TV, buy the new car,,,, buy, buy, buy until you are tapped out.

True happiness can not be based on physical items. Having something is not going to make you happy. People have to make a decision to be happy, nobody and nothing can can force you to be happy.

My exwife was very unhappy when we were married. When I tried to talk to her about her mental health, she would say "look at who I am married to." In other words, she blamed me for her being unhappy.

After I left and we divorced she still was not happy. A decade after we divorced and she is still angry and bitter at the world.

Happiness is a decision we make within ourself.

The problem with generation Y is they have been told so much garbage they do not know what they need to do to be happy.

A couple of months ago my wife and I planted a willow tree in the front yard. I have been watering the tree so much a frog has made the mulch around the tree its home. Its the little things that should bring us happiness. Such as seeing a tree grow, a frog, a squirrel playing in the trees, chickens scratching at the ground, wind blowing through the trees,,,, those are the things that should bring us happiness.
I like your idea. Life comfort and materials can make us happy for a while, but in the lone run, our achievement, our hobbies and a grateful heart may make our sense of happiness last longer.