Why doesn't America hold the ghetto community to task?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I saw this on Amazon. I was surprised to see such political discussion on Amazon.

Of course the "racist" card is being pulled, again, just like in here.

Doel A. Perez says:
As a person that grew up in Queens, New York, I'm well versed in all things ghetto. Thus, i've made it my life's mission to raise my children in the exact opposite manner. Anytime someone brings up the jaw dropping stats from welfare, violence. thefts, education and incarceration, the media and the ghetto supporting communities make excuses for them. I find it amazing that such a community is so against change. I know people who think that being a well spoken, educated and gentle person is "acting white". I know women who refuse to date men because they have no "swag". I've even seen a surprising amount of white kids adapt the ghetto mentality. What are we becoming? What is our end goal? I don't want readers to interpret the "ghetto" community as a code word for black. Because the truth is that while that community almost universally accepts that mentality, a large chunk of the hispanic community and to a lesser extent the white community are adapting it as well. What can be done about this? Are we doomed to become a country of ignorant, aggressive, hyper sexed and criminally minded people?

Full link = http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/di...x148DA585SFSDU

Last edited:

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Are we doomed to become a country of ignorant, aggressive, hyper sexed and criminally minded people?

I thought that question was already answered when Obama was elected? One only has to look at our HOS mention a son like Treyvon as opposed to falling asleep to go campaign the next day after the embassy attacks.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Big difference between having the gangster look and having the gangster lifestyle.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
How is linking to forums on Amazon newsworthy here? Not even any commentary from OP... Please just forward the contents of your Inbox next time...

Apr 27, 2012
This is a problem with liberals. Many people have wanted those speaking in ghetto to learn proper English but the liberals don't like this.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
EDIT: Of course the "racist" card is being pulled, again, just like in here.

I am assuming you mean my post.

I wouldn't care if it was Hillary saying if she had a daughter that looked like Jodi Arias before the guilty verdict. The fact of the matter is this whole culture or whatever you want to call it is pretty much locked in. We are already past the point where people vote in their wants. That would be the case if any Democrat were elected in '08. The war on poverty should CLEARLY show this, if a society does not want to help itself they are doomed to failure.

Whatever happened to ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country? That shit does not exist anymore, it never will. Jesus could rise from the grave and say those words and be booed off the stage with people screaming where are my handouts, don't take my rights to other peoples money or any other number of things they benefit from not related to actually paying for society.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
This is a problem with liberals. Many people have wanted those speaking in ghetto to learn proper English but the liberals don't like this.

Pretty much this, sort of. It's not ghetto specific but liberals to the far left seem to embrace multiculturalism even if it includes garbage cultures that shouldn't be embraced. Radical Islam in UK is one of those cultures that should not be tolerated but is. There's nothing wrong with being a Muslim but holding up signs saying people should be killed for speaking against Allah should not be tolerated. American liberals tolerate things like ghetto culture.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Discussing the roots of problems that are predominantly affecting the black community are only acceptable in light of things that are not their fault; i.e. residual effects of slavery, lack of civil rights, etc.

As soon as you start criticizing that community for issues that are exacerbated by their own culture and values you are a damned racist.

The truth is multiple factors are at play. Most people outside of that community are afraid to criticize lest they be deemed a racist, and so instead they will just white-flight out to the suburbs. Then the inner city problems don't bother them and they don't need to really worry about them.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Discussing the roots of problems that are predominantly affecting the black community are only acceptable in light of things that are not their fault; i.e. residual effects of slavery, lack of civil rights, etc.

As soon as you start criticizing that community for issues that are exacerbated by their own culture and values you are a damned racist.

The truth is multiple factors are at play. Most people outside of that community are afraid to criticize lest they be deemed a racist, and so instead they will just white-flight out to the suburbs. Then the inner city problems don't bother them and they don't need to really worry about them.

But then they start reoccupying the inner cities via gentrification, and all of a sudden they're racists again. o_O

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
But then they start reoccupying the inner cities via gentrification, and all of a sudden they're racists again. o_O

Just one of the many contradictions.

People complain "No one spends any money fixing up our neighborhood." People move in and fix up some houses, open a couple of shops, and then the residents complain that property values go up.

People complain "The police don't care about crime in our neighborhood." The cops step up patrols and enforcement, people then complain they are being targeted because their teenage son was stopped while roaming the streets at 3am.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Why doesn't America hold the ghetto community to task?

A) it would be considered racist
B) its the white mans fault. we are keeping them down!
C) slavery

i think i covered all the answered that people will give.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Decent Video Price of changing an intergral part of the ghetto culture,.. Welfare.

I thought both speakers have decent points, neither one is entirely correct. Unfortunately the solution, if there is one, is still elusive to our enlightened leadership.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009

That is why more educated blacks and other minorities need to criticize, at least they can't cry racist, not that they won't find some other way to cry loudly.
We should probably start doing away with inner cities, tear down buildings once they are not in use and plant some trees and just keep doing that until it's gone.
But whatever, there are no solutions because you can't help and change people that can't help and change themselves

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I already tried to have this same discussion in the DISCUSSION CLUB but was just labled a racist and dismissed.

That's why we can't have change.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I bet you wouldn't say that to a ghetto person's face.

Because they would only understand 3 words in that sentence.

I've been in that situation, where someone was trying to tell me how all black people are poor because "the man" keeps them down and poor. I tried to explain to them how we'd all be better off if the inner city poor weren't poor, but were actually productive components of the economy and not a social program drain. I lost them during the first sentence. In a system where education isn't valued, what else can you expect?