Why does the right want to sell us into slavery?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It depends entirely on which team you troll for. Two right wing threads of this nature would not only have been locked, but the poster would have been given a vacation.

I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine why that is.

Let me paraphrase that-

Mew! Mew! Mew!

Hell, we have two Birther Troll threads on the front page, along with a couple of other quaint right wing attacks on common sense, and you're dumb enough to call out the Mods over this thread?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
50 years ago it wasn't quite as easy to simply ship your job overseas. You know, like people working for a few bucks a day competing with people making more money, more time off, and better benefits.

At this point though, what do you do? Do you screw the middle class and especially the poor by making their stuff more expensive in the hopes that their wages will eventually increase or do you screw them by allowing the current situation, in which it is a sound business decision to ship jobs overseas, to continue?

Stuff manufactured in America isn't substantially more expensive. I was looking at boots the other day-- You can buy a pair of high quality American made boots for $152.95. How much does a pair of Nikes made by a 9 year old cost?

It's pure profit for the almighty job creating benevolent rich.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Stuff manufactured in America isn't substantially more expensive. I was looking at boots the other day-- You can buy a pair of high quality American made boots for $152.95. How much does a pair of Nikes made by a 9 year old cost?

Nike is all about demand, and Nike has $30 pairs of shoes. I saw a pair of steel toe boots in WalMart for $24.99

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Why in hell would you use Nike as a comparison of cheap junk versus American made? I could purchase a pair of boots for less than $20.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Let me paraphrase that-

Hell, we have two Birther Troll threads on the front page, along with a couple of other quaint right wing attacks on common sense, and you're dumb enough to call out the Mods over this thread?

This thread is not analogous to the birther threads. (I say that as someone who is opposed to birthers.) This and OP's other thread don't really raise any issue except "the other party is bad." It would be like a two sentence thread by a conservative saying "why do Democrats want to turn the United States into the Soviet Union? They are evil."

Anyway, you're a hardcore partisan hack so of course you're going to defend this thread. You're just proving bober's point. Try to be less of a hack and have the decency to recognize that this is a pure troll thread.

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
The only slaves in the U.S. are those beholden to the left/right paradigm, or anyone choosing to use one hemisphere of their brain.

The new normal rises with every election. Clinton squared, gets you Bush. Bush cubed, gets you Obama. They all share the same ideology of Wall Street's shadowy underpinnings.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Why do people like you want everyone to not work to their full potential but be supported by someone else.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
The only slaves in the U.S. are those beholden to the left/right paradigm, or anyone choosing to use one hemisphere of their brain.

The new normal rises with every election. Clinton squared, gets you Bush. Bush cubed, gets you Obama. They all share the same ideology of Wall Street's shadowy underpinnings.

More like Pavlov's dogs. Here boy! Speak! Attack! Sit! Speak! Attack!

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
xSBZa.jpg

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Cheap labor, no health and safety regulations, and low taxes are a banana republican's wet dream.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
The Right doesn't want anybody to be slaves, they just have a misconception of what it was like in the past and mistakenly think they can regress back to those times.

The Left mistakenly think that there's some kind of Utopian society in our future and if we spend enough we'll achieve it.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Cheap labor, no health and safety regulations, and low taxes are a banana republican's wet dream.

on going and in progress in china. That giant sucking sound you hear isn't your girl friend (or?) it's your jobs blowing out of the US to china along with your standard of living. And both sides of the political isle are letting it happen all under the guise of free trade and nafta. Isn't china building a giant port in mexico to facilitate massive trucking routes to/from the US?? behind the giant automated cargo container port of call?

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
They seem to be working harder and harder each year to turn this country into a land of corporate slaves. They want to end unions, and take away all of the workers right. If republicans had their way we would all be chained to factory machines working as slaves.

Because according to the libertarians they are pro-"freedom".

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Because according to the libertarians they are pro-"freedom".

I think generally that's true.

The left seems to object to free markets precisely because they are free; Because they give the people what they want, rather than what they ought to want.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
lolwut? Got any more misconceptions?

Misconceptions? What about it is so misconceived?

You can't hardly take a walk in this forum without tripping over leftists complaining that too many people drive SUVs (because they happen to like them).

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Misconceptions? What about it is so misconceived?

You can't hardly take a walk in this forum without tripping over leftists complaining that too many people drive SUVs (because they happen to like them).

More bullshit

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Just wanted to point out OP hasn't actually posted again in this thread. It was a troll and run. This kind of trolling is really on the rise in this forum. It's sad that so many people are willing to go along with it though.

shangshang

May 17, 2008
American politicians are selling out Americans. Not to worry, you guys can still move to China and India but gotta lower your standards of living first though. But it beats getting raped by your politicians. No?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
More bullshit

Really.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=33524

Does anyone else feel that it's a little bit obscene to see someone driving alone in a large SUV or pickup truck when they aren't using it for anything other than to drive around town or to and from work?

Sure, some families NEED an SUV or Truck for some reason or another and can't afford to have one dedicated to those activities. But if you look at most SUVs and Trucks on the road, how many of them are really owned for practical reasons?

Ah, but we're all safer if we totally ban SUVs from the roads. Personally I question the legality of driving a vehicle that you intentionally purchased to cause more harm to anyone you get in an accident with just so YOU'RE safer. Cars are safer in EVERY circumstance except an accident with a much larger vehicle. The safest solution would seem to be banning SUVs, not EVERYONE having them.

I always feel mild disgust when I see someone driving a vehicle I'm sure is less than 20mpg. NOBODY needs an SUV. Look at Europe. Only rich idiots have SUVs there. Everyone else just drives cars.

99&#37; of people just care about cost, to hell with everyone else and the environment. $ is the only thing that matters to the majority in this society.

That's all I could find in 3 minutes.