Why does the Obama campaign keep harping after Mitt's tax returns?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I'm interested to see Obamas college transcripts from where he supposedly went but nobody knows him. Because he was using his other name Barry? What's he scared of?

The typical response is "that's not legally required so i don't have to show them!" ok, sure thing BHO.

How about Romney plays the obamacare line? "you have to elect me to find out what's in them"?

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
if the IRS isn't interested then it all applicable laws/taxes/criteria have been satisfied. The obama can't run on his record so divert/duck and hide will be his campaign tactics. He has no choice in this matter.

Yep. Mitt's taxes are an attempt to divert us from the real issues, or what should be the real issues. Sad, so sad.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm interested to see Obamas college transcripts from where he supposedly went but nobody knows him. Because he was using his other name Barry? What's he scared of?

The typical response is "that's not legally required so i don't have to show them!" ok, sure thing BHO.

How about Romney plays the obamacare line? "you have to elect me to find out what's in them"?

How about we do apples to apples. Obama already showed his. Mitts turn.

meme-photo-with-caption-quote-from-george-romney-and-showing-tax-returns.jpg

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012

This is really stupid. Plenty of people remember him, including professors, including professors that the right is having a fun time saying he learned communism and satanism from (http://www.wikicu.com/Barack_Obama). But I guess that somehow, he didn't go to Columbia, but he also did and learned at the feet of evil professors, and got into Harvard Law by affirmative action, and only graduated at the top of his class by affirmative action. And this somehow related to Mitt Romney's taxes. Well done!

Yep. Mitt's taxes are an attempt to divert us from the real issues, or what should be the real issues. Sad, so sad.
Yes, I basically agree, but keep in mind that it's only a distraction at all because the Romney campaign somehow didn't see this coming, despite the exact same issue during the primaries months ago (during which he promised to release them 'in April or such' once he was nominee), and continue to keep it afloat by 1) not ignoring it, and instead feeding little bits like "I paid 13%+," and 2) not releasing them like every other candidate for the past 50 years. It's an unforced error, and it would be criminally negligent for Obama's campaign managers NOT to take full advantage (not to say that's the best thing for democracy, but politics is kind a prisoner's dilemma where just one side playing nice gets screwed).

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Democrats dont want to talk about a budget because they are ashamed about how they have raped the poor. Obamma has been stealing all the social secutity and medicare funds to feed the Obammacare money pit. It is like the pit that the devil is suppose to be placed during the milenium with no escape for 1,000 years. O'Bamma is pushing the USA off a Monetary Cliff. He is worse than the banks.

It's the Economy Stupid.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
How about we do apples to apples. Obama already showed his. Mitts turn.

Picture of dead guy removed.

Ah, two loonie returner reasons in one shot! Both the "cause everyone else is doing it" reason your mom told you was stupid when you were a little kid and the "cause someone one said people should do it" reason.

:D

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Just as the obama white house likes to routinely divulge details about national security operations.... my guess in an attempt to bolster obama's image as a tough guy.... there is nothing stopping the obama white house from leaking those returns.

The only thing in those returns is that Romney is a rich mofo who took a lot of deductions and kept himself from paying any taxes he could find a way out of paying.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Democrats dont want to talk about a budget because they are ashamed about how they have raped the poor. Obamma has been stealing all the social secutity and medicare funds to feed the Obammacare money pit. It is like the pit that the devil is suppose to be placed during the milenium with no escape for 1,000 years. O'Bamma is pushing the USA off a Monetary Cliff. He is worse than the banks.

It's the Economy Stupid.

What is this budget you speak of? There has not been a federal budget for three years.