Why does the left want everyone to be bottom-feeding lowlife trash?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I don't see the right rushing to end oil company subsidies, tax breakes for sending jobs overseas, farm subsidies, etc....

FAIL

We didn't see Obama and the Democrats change this when they had power from 2008-2010, in fact we saw them pad the pockets of those evil bankers/businesses even more.

Can you say FAIL, thought ya could.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
We didn't see Obama and the Democrats change this when they had power from 2008-2010, in fact we saw them pad the pockets of those evil bankers/businesses even more.

Can you say FAIL, thought ya could.

That is VERY interesting to me. Please do tell us more about that, especially the "even more" part. Thanx.

Might this be Obama's efffort to spread the wealth to EVERYONE?

Last edited:

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Corporate Welfare = Good
Social Welfare = Bad

Everyone knows this.

Apparently Obama doesn't know this... he gives billions in corporate welfare to GE and still wants to enact large entitlement programs like obamacare.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Apparently Obama doesn't know this... he gives billions in corporate welfare to GE and still wants to enact large entitlement programs like obamacare.

Obama did? Really? He wrote the tax loopholes they used?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
You do understand that widely available government funded higher education and research is by far the most significant advancement in human history ?

No, it's not. In your opinion it may be.

That the Louisiana Purchase, Alaska Purchase, Westward expansion, freeing slaves, freeing women, the invention of the corporation, the invention of money, the invention of writing, democracy, liberty, individual rights, are all liberal ideas ?
Classic liberal, definitely not modern progressive liberal, not by a LONG shot.

There are good things about conservative ideas too, frugality, keeping things that work, being aware of history, precedent.

There's no necessity for any person to be exclusively a liberal or a conservative, pitting people against one another is just a good tactic for gaining power.
And yet the pigeon holing of the ideologically blind continues day in, and day out here.

Last edited:

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
No, it's not. In your opinion it may be.

Classic liberal, definitely not modern progressive liberal, not by a LONG shot.

And yet the pigeon holing of the ideologically blind continues day in, and day out here.

"classic liberal" doesn't mean anything. It's just another buzzword churned out by the same people who bring us phrases like "death panel", "death tax". etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

So what part are you opposed to ?
Modern ?
Progressive ?
Liberal ?

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Another blatant troll thread that should be locked. WTF is going on here?

At least this one is just a parody of the dcal one... but it is interesting because in the past these types of threads have been locked. Maybe AnandTech ad revenue is down and they're trying to spice things up? Once again though the sad thing is that partisan hacks on both sides are happy to shout at each other about nothing. Troll: "My part is good yours is bad. Discuss." AT Hacks: "raaahhh you're totally right/wrong."

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
At least this one is just a parody of the dcal one... but it is interesting because in the past these types of threads have been locked. Maybe AnandTech ad revenue is down and they're trying to spice things up? Once again though the sad thing is that partisan hacks on both sides are happy to shout at each other about nothing. Troll: "My part is good yours is bad. Discuss." AT Hacks: "raaahhh you're totally right/wrong."

Took the words right out of my mouth.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
"classic liberal" doesn't mean anything. It's just another buzzword churned out by the same people who bring us phrases like "death panel", "death tax". etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

So what part are you opposed to ?
Modern ?
Progressive ?
Liberal ?

Classic liberalism is not a "buzzword", it is also very far from modern progressive liberals. I am opposed to those that think our problems are solved by more government.