Why does the GOP condone its association with racism?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Yeah, you completely missed a point that businesses aren't people but at least poor people are.

Without businesses, there are no jobs. Without jobs, everyone is poor. The solution to no longer being poor is not the government handing you free money on a regular basis, but getting a good paying job.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Without businesses, there are no jobs. Without jobs, everyone is poor. The solution to no longer being poor is not the government handing you free money on a regular basis, but getting a good paying job.

Without gold mines there is no gold. Without gold everybody is poor. The solution to no longer being poor is not government handing you free money on a regular basis, but getting a gold mine.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

How about devoting your energies toward getting those businesses to create those jobs so folks can get those good paying jobs?

Ya know... the old trickle down theory... With enough jobs we'd even be able to give away money to the folks in Bangladesh or even the ones in Atlanta.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
The solution to no longer being poor is not the government handing you free money on a regular basis, but getting a good paying job.

No, clearly the solution to poor people no longer being poor is more upper class tax cuts so people like Mitt Romney can fatten their Cayman Islands accounts.

Oh, and we really should start another unnecessary war based on lies. That's always great for the poor people, giving them temporary employment. (Well, sorry about the ones who come back in body bags, or with limbs missing, or with their minds shattered. But it's worth it so the important people can live in the manner to which they have become accustomed.)

Last edited:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
the dems are FAR nuttier than the reps.

By any objective measure, this is completely false.

In terms of party members elected to public office, there are as many nutty Democrats as there are nutty Republicans. Usually the nuttiest of the nutty are in the US House of Representatives. Extreme tax-and-spend George Soros types on the left are balanced by extreme Bible-thumpers on the right.

When it comes to everyday people who are card-carrying members of the two parties, again, we have the extremes of one balanced by the extremes of another.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Some of the best minds of the Republican party, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity are still bitching that Obamas past associations were not vetted in '08 and want to relitigate. Meanwhile we have a current association that isn't getting enough coverage.

http://communities.washingtontimes....r-donald-trump-host-las-vegas-fundraiser-mit/

Let's face it birtherism = racism. The only reponse we get from Mittens is similar to "those aren't the words I would have chosen" Meanwhile he has no problem funraising with this kook. So much for the open tent.
Hah! Worried that "The Donald" will raise some big bucks for Mitt eh? Keep screaming raaacist. That ship sailed a long, long time ago. It doesn't work anymore. Overuse has deemed it worthy of being ignored.

Silence of the shams

Senator Chuck Schumer, one of the mouthiest politicians of the last half century never at a loss for words, can't be reached for comment on President Obama's Bain Capital attack strategy. Which is rather odd, considering his remarkable past abilities to raise money from Wall Street firms. What's going on?

The answer is pretty simple. The awful truth is beginning to dawn on Democrats. Obama is trashing not just the United Sates economy, he is attacking major donors upon whom the Democrats have come to rely.

Last edited:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
An empirical case for the extremism of the modern GOP

NOMINATE_polarization-1024x658.jpg

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Without gold mines there is no gold. Without gold everybody is poor. The solution to no longer being poor is not government handing you free money on a regular basis, but getting a gold mine.

Who is going to work the mine? Remember, there are no jobs.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No, clearly the solution to poor people no longer being poor is more upper class tax cuts so people like Mitt Romney can fatten their Cayman Islands accounts.

Like the ones Obama renewed? When did Obama become a republican?

Oh, and we really should start another unnecessary war based on lies.

Dunno about that, but I think the Libyan fighting was needed. Obama did lie about it, and then lied and said it was not actually military hostilities, but I still agree with him that we should have done it.

When did you turn so anti-Obama?

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Dunno about that, but I think the Libyan fighting was needed. Obama did lie about it, and then lied and said it was not actually military hostilities, but I still agree with him that we should have done it.

Yes, he did lie about that. I opposed our involvement in the Libyan war.

Of course, it cost us a relatively small amount of money, was done in a short time, and cost zero lives. Making it the exact opposite of the Iraq War disaster.

But you knew that already.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Yes, he did lie about that. I opposed our involvement in the Libyan war.

Of course, it cost us a relatively small amount of money, was done in a short time, and cost zero lives. Making it the exact opposite of the Iraq War disaster.

But you knew that already.

Of course I knew that, I am just a bit surprised you did, given your posting history. I am also surprised you are anti-Obama.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
You are confused, slavery is not a job.

Oh, but jobs are so passe. We have bunches of excess people who don't produce profits for the Important People, and we have to do something with them. Since the GOP is the Party of the South, slavery just makes sense.

Heck, they're already offshoring to countries where it is pretty close.

So yeah, reinstitute slavery and corporate profits will skyrocket. And that's what America is all about -- more profits for millionaires!

(If there are too many people to make into slaves, there's always Soylent Green.)

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Of course I knew that, I am just a bit surprised you did, given your posting history. I am also surprised you are anti-Obama.

I'm not surprised that you're employing the cheap and dishonest tactic of misstating my positions, given your posting history.

But I'm glad that you've admitted that the Libyan War was a minor thing and the Iraq War was a disaster. It shows again that you're intellectually dishonest, and close to being the first entry in my ignore list here.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Closing a debate and holding a vote is not insanity.

It's one of many indicators of the extremism of the Republican party.

A better one is the graph in post #83, which you've apparently decided to ignore.

Try again, this time without your usual fail.

"Usual fail"? Are you in middle school or something?

I can see if my 11-year-old is free if that will be easier for you.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
It's one of many indicators of the extremism of the Republican party.

No, it certainly is not. It is a sign that both the dems are trying to filibuster but are being shut down instead. No need to use cloture unless the other party is attempting to prevent a vote. You show you have no idea what cloture is. Go ahead and look it up on wikipedia so that you stop making yourself look silly..

"Usual fail"? Are you in middle school or something?

Yeah, you usually bring failure when you post. It is what you do, though I am not sure why you do it. Hence your "usual fail".

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
No, it certainly is not. It is a sign that both the dems are trying to filibuster but are being shut down instead.

You're rather confused.

Cloture is invoked to try to end filibuster. The Republican Party has set records in the last few years for excessive uses of filibuster, even over things that normally never were filibustered before. That's what the chart shows.

I can provide extensive references to document this if anyone is interested. (Anyone who is serious about the discussion that is, not you.)

No need to use cloture unless the other party is attempting to prevent a vote.

Very good! And who's been attempting to prevent most of the votes in the senate since 2009?

Yeah, you usually bring failure when you post. It is what you do, though I am not sure why you do it. Hence your "usual fail".

If I "bring failure" then you should be able to point out what it is and why it "fails". Since you can't do that, pardon me while I quietly chuckle to myself about your complaints. :)

PS Still pretending post #83 doesn't exist? I promise that that will not make it disappear.