Why does Pizza cost so much ?

Candymancan21

Jun 8, 2009
Anyone else notice how much it costs to order Pizza from basicly anywhere. I was going to order from Pizza Hut and when i got the total (ordering online) i almost shit. I was going to order 2 Large Stuffed Crust Pizza's, and 20 Wings and they wanted $41 without the wings it was $30. I dont remember Pizza ever being this expensive last i remember it was like $20 or so for 2 pizza's. Domino's and all the local pizza places were about the same price

I can go to the local Grocery store and buy 2 large Digorno's for $5 each

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Fail for not using Pizza Hut's online coupons.

There are constantly deals for large pizzas for $9.99 and 2nd large after that for a little less.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Then go to the local grocery store.

You're not only paying for the ingredients; you're paying for the employees' wages, marketing, etc.

On that note, I'd say get the 5-5-5 deal from Dominos and add on some wings.

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Didn't you get the memo? Pizza Hut is now referred to as just "The Hut". Get with the times.

Candymancan21

Jun 8, 2009
I am ordering online. Where are they online coupon's ? Im so Hungry right now im thinking of just ordering it right now. $40 tho is like geezus. Double of what it used to be

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: BigJ

You're not only paying for the ingredients; you're paying for the employees' wages, marketing, etc.

Bigger question is why Dominos is still in business... it's the worst chain store and none of the chain stores compare to mom & pop pizza places

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So go do that.

How much of your time would it take to cook that pizza? How much energy? How much to deliver it? How much to deep fry the wings? How much to keep them hot along with the pizzas? How much is that going to cost?

You've got it all figured out! Open your own pizza place and become the next Papa John's.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: BigJ

Bigger question is why Dominos is still in business... it's the worst chain store and none of the chain stores compare to mom & pop pizza places

Because it's open until 2AM (around here) and is great for drunks who don't care about how much they're spending.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Candymancan21
I am ordering online. Where are they online coupon's ? Im so Hungry right now im thinking of just ordering it right now. $40 tho is like geezus. Double of what it used to be

There should be a "deals" tab or something like that.

I just did one, came to $28 total with 2 large cheeses and 10 wings.

(Obviously the coupons will differ by area)

Candymancan21

Jun 8, 2009
Nvm i see the coupon. 20% off first order online, and $10 for a large stuff crust. Thanks that savs me like $20

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Little Ceasers Hot & Ready FTW (unless you care about taste, then LC H&R FTL)

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Candymancan21

I can go to the local Grocery store and buy 2 large Digorno's for $5 each

That's what I buy now... $12 for 3 from BJs. Actually had one for lunch today.

Pizza Hut: 2 medium supreme (same as Digiorno's) would cost in the neighborhood of $23+tax. I remember when they actually had coupons for Pizza Hut... $8.99 + $5 for 2nd medium.

It's not the same experience, but it's pretty close.

Originally posted by: OCguy
Fail for not using Pizza Hut's online coupons.

There are constantly deals for large pizzas for $9.99 and 2nd large after that for a little less.
I looked at their site and they only have coupons for certain locations (4th closest to me in a different fricken area code). I called my local place to ask for specials and the best they could do was a 1-topping pizza... I don't eat 1-topping pizzas from these places... if I wanted that, I would've just gone to my local pizza place and not a chain where they slop all the good oil on there for extra taste. :thumbsup:

Papa Johns and Dominos has coupons all the time though. Pizza Hut knows they're the best somehow. :(

tboo

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
I remember when I went to visit my sister in Philadelphia we got 2 16 inch pizzas, 50 buffalo wings & two 2 liter bottles of soda for $25.00.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: tboo
I remember when I went to visit my sister in Philadelphia we got 2 16 inch pizzas, 50 buffalo wings & two 2 liter bottles of soda for $25.00.

:camera: of 16 inch?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I wouldn't get dominos or pizza hut without coupons or deals.

seemed like pizza was $8/pie for my entire life until a couple years ago when pies suddenly spiked to like $12-18 depending on the pie... not really expensive, but definitely a significant increase.

only take-out I really get anymore though is subs or sushi.