why does new york city hate me so much?

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Things have been happening recently and I don't know if I'm taking it too personally

The other day, I walk into a subway to go somewhere and this dude rams his shoulder against me as he was walking out. I didn't react quickly enough and if the subway door between us wasn't closing, I had thoughts of punching him in the back of the head. It was purposely forceful and it wasn't the typical bumping shoulders in the streets.

Another reent time, I'm standing by the door and this girl yells to my ear that I'm in the way as she exits.

I just don't get it... there's ALL of this space that he and she could've used to make their exits. I was standing by the side, not like I was in the middle. Is there some subway etiquette that I don't know about?

And today, all the snow and rain has already put me in a bad mood and while I'm trying to cross the street, a snowball gets thrown to me directly near my face.. it hit my shoulder but still I feel like I'm a target here. I think it was a passing car or something. If it would've actually hit my face, man.. I'd be so pissed off.

Things like this are happening more and more... and next time this happens, I don't think I can be tolerable anymore.

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
I'm actually not really pissed off about the other ones... but the snowball one kind of did.
I live in a bad part of town... so that probably explains the bad encounters

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Next time I will aim my snowballs better. And stay out of my way and I won't bump shoulders with you next time.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: fritolays
seriously, is there an etiquette on where to stand for subway rides?
wtf?

Subway etiquette states that people getting off the subway have right-of-way. If you try to get on the subway while others are getting off, expect to get trampled.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
But look at the bright side, you're paying a premium to live in the city!.. oh.. wait..

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
you're a small asian man easily a target for other people. Plus its new york...its not the midwest, people are assholes.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
new york is filled with hate. but its the norm :)

you will always encounter dumbasses who go out of their way to make other's lives miserable.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: fritolays
seriously, is there an etiquette on where to stand for subway rides?
wtf?
Yes, get the fuck away from the door that is platform-side and wait for people to get off the train before trying to get on.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Wow, New York sounds like a craphole.
First they get stuck with thin flexible pizza, now people are jerks ....

I'm sure glad I don't like there :)

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
:music:

I'm a country boy, I got no Sou,l Don't sleep at night, the worlds growing old .....

Or

Why does it always rain on me.....