Why do we want to import more poverty in the US when we have enough already?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
You're an ASSHOLE who wants slaves doing all the labor for you. You and your ilk are a progression of the slavers of the past who argued the same stupid shit then. "You're wrong to oppose all these black people here doing everything for me!"

FUCK YOU you asshole. That pic does illustrate your mindset perfectly- illegal immigrants as your slaves doing all the "shit you won't do" as you sit on your lazy, fat ass.

The fact is dumbass, you won't starve because someone ends your slave trade. You'll have to pay a FAIR WAGE to an American- above the table, to fix your falling down house. And raise your own kid, you lazy sack.

What a prick you are, and all you pro illegals. (Modern slave herders.)

Concern troll score: 8

Good job. One may almost believe you actually care here.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Concern troll score: 8

Good job. One may almost believe you actually care here.
I couldn't care less about your fear of losing the illegal labor your lazy self believes you can't live without. If it were 1818 you'd be the one arguing how you couldn't live without slaves doing everything for you, and touting up how picking cotton and other slave labor tasks are things free citizens can't do. Then calling others racist because of your dependency on illegal labor.

As I said... you're an asshole.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I couldn't care less about your fear of losing the illegal labor your lazy self believes you can't live without. If it were 1818 you'd be the one arguing how you couldn't live without slaves doing everything for you, and touting up how picking cotton and other slave labor tasks are things free citizens can't do. Then calling others racist because of your dependency on illegal labor.

Your concern troll score remains unchanged: 8

It's a good effort, yet not strong enough to change the topic, change the actual meaning of the comic, make your side look better or derail the thread.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

So the answer is to ship them back to their shit hole countries, right? And their nasty brown little american citizen rugrats, too. Or is there something else you had in mind?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Nativists talked the same shit about every immigrant group that ever entered this country. We swallowed them right up, made them us.

Oh we did? So there are no frictions between those groups? Is racism over?

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I was wondering, how many American citizens does Trump actually employ? Does he step up and pay fair wages to keep jobs in America, or does he source his labor from somewhere else, with people that will work for less?

I can't imagine that a President ordained by God himself to lead would do anything but hire good solid American workers to man his resorts and build his empire. I bet they get more than the average wage and great benefits to boot.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I didn't say that. Black people were not willing immigrants. They had a whole different social status as slaves.

What makes you think I am only talking about Black people? You think other groups don't deal with Racism? What a weird comment by you.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I've been lax. I'm sorry.

Go away.

816xPsJDkrL._SL1500_.jpg

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
The only acceptable set of impoverished immigrants are Norwegians, you didn't get the memo?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Did we run out of poor people who struggle to survive? Why do we want to open the floodgates and bring in millions more who will not be able to find stable good paying jobs with benefits?

What exactly is the gameplan? I have not heard anyone explain why we want to increase our population in this country when our economy cannot support a big influx of people.

You have college grads flipping burgers and making coffee because they cannot find good jobs, you have homeless camps in several of our large cities already.

Maybe start with fixing the problems affecting American citizens first before importing the rest of the world problem?

In every major wave of immigration, the immigrants were poorer on average than our native population at the time. So why wouldn't this argument have been equally valid 100 years ago when European immigrants were flooding Ellis Island?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What makes you think I am only talking about Black people? You think other groups don't deal with Racism? What a weird comment by you.

They have & still do to some extent or another. It has diminished over time. There was a time when immigrants even discriminated against each other. Maybe they still do. In the mill town where I grew up there are three Catholic churches within a few blocks of each other. 100 years ago, one was Irish, one was Polish & the other was Italian. Go figure.

Attitudes about Latinos have always been better here in CO & the southwest, probably because they were here first. It's a lot harder to see them as some kind of invaders. Intermarriage has been common for at least 100 years.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Oh we did? So there are no frictions between those groups? Is racism over?

The once severe problem of intolerance toward Irish, Italians, Poles, and Germans has subsided as these groups assimilated over time. When skin color is in play, however, assimilation never seems to fully cure the hostility.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
They have & still do to some extent or another. It has diminished over time. There was a time when immigrants even discriminated against each other. Maybe they still do. In the mill town where I grew up there are three Catholic churches within a few blocks of each other. 100 years ago, one was Irish, one was Polish & the other was Italian. Go figure.

Attitudes about Latinos have always been better here in CO & the southwest, probably because they were here first. It's a lot harder to see them as some kind of invaders. Intermarriage has been common for at least 100 years.

Maybe they still do? Spent any time with Asians? I grew up with Hmong people, and if you look at their history you would think they might be a little more understanding. Nope. Racist as all hell. I would say that 50% of my friends were Mexican, 25% Asian (mainly Hmong), and the remainder 25% white. By far the most racist of all were Asians. The kids far less so, but the parents holy shit.

So yes, there are still immigrants that are highly racist.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

You realize that you're accusing the people who want this currently illegal labor to be made legal of trying to profit from and being dependent upon illegal labor, right? When they're to trying to make them legal and thus legally protected from labor exploitation? While you want to keep these immigrants illegal so that they can continue to be enslaved, as you put it.
So.. did you just not think this through or something?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The once severe problem of intolerance toward Irish, Italians, Poles, and Germans has subsided as these groups assimilated over time. When skin color is in play, however, assimilation never seems to fully cure the hostility.

Then are they really assimilated?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I was wondering, how many American citizens does Trump actually employ? Does he step up and pay fair wages to keep jobs in America, or does he source his labor from somewhere else, with people that will work for less?

I can't imagine that a President ordained by God himself to lead would do anything but hire good solid American workers to man his resorts and build his empire. I bet they get more than the average wage and great benefits to boot.
Funny you mention that, Trump is currently looking to import some more outside labor for his resort in FL.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You realize that you're accusing the people who want this currently illegal labor to be made legal of trying to profit from and being dependent upon illegal labor, right? When they're to trying to make them legal and thus legally protected from labor exploitation? While you want to keep these immigrants illegal so that they can continue to be enslaved, as you put it.
So.. did you just not think this through or something?

I think he internalized his own straw man. He appears to think the argument is 'keep out illegal immigrants vs. allow illegal immigrants in' when the actual argument is 'keep out illegal immigrants vs. give those people a legal way to immigrate'. And well, since Trump it is now 'keep out illegal immigrants'.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Not sure I understand what you mean. Can you explain?
What's to explain? If you believe that other people should be forced to assimilate to your culture and customs, then you don't believe in their freedom. Or at least not any more so than the Borg.

What is the value of this assimilation anyway? Do you hate Chinese, Mexican, or Italian foods? Should St Patricks Day or Oktoberfest be banned?
And if all immigrants are to be assimilated, which American culture should they assimilate into? Because there isn't just one. So which one?

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Why of course.....

not.

But he does take care of his employees....

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trumps-personal-driver-25-years-150554384.html

not.