why do we encourage poor people to reproduce?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 10, 2000
So you admit he did not say it, but rather you created it and attributed it to him. You should go back and edit your other post to say he did not actually say it, since he did not actually say it.

Out of curiosity I ran a search. He has posted, repeatedly, that men have an equal right to abort their own children as women, and thus forced abortions are permissible if the father wishes. I can only assume his entire ATPN persona is a calculated one and that he doesn't really believe the outrageous things he says, but in any case if he says despicable things he deserves to be thought of as despicable in my opinion. This forum needs fewer, not more, members egregiously acting like assholes.

I suppose the consolation, if he is serious, is that he is not a person who will ever so much as touch a woman, and thus his forced-abortion nonsense will never come to fruition. Only a 27-year-old virgin (or a 19-year-old on a path toward being a 27-year-old virgin) would write this kind of pablum.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Out of curiosity I ran a search. He has posted, repeatedly, that men have an equal right to abort their own children as women, and thus forced abortions are permissible if the father wishes.

No, I said men should have equal right to abdicate responsibility for their child as women.

Women would be free to have the child as long as they were willing to be 100% responsible for it (just like how it is 100% their choice to have it or not). The man would not be able to force the woman to get an abortion or carry the child to term.

The woman would just not be able to force the man to be responsible for her reproductive choice.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Poor people are "encouraged" to have lots of kids because of the huge social safety nets, but when I look at somewhere like Africa I must conclude that poor people are going to have kids regardless.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Stealing from others either directly or by extortion is wrong. If a man steals is he is thrown in prison. Why should it be any different for a woman?

It's not stealing and you know it.

You are simply free to say reprehensible things on here because you are anonymous and cannot be held to account for your horrible ideas. Furthermore, you know that no one will ever implement them so you don't have to be held to account for the consequences of them.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It's not stealing and you know it.

You are simply free to say reprehensible things on here because you are anonymous and cannot be held to account for your horrible ideas. Furthermore, you know that no one will ever implement them so you don't have to be held to account for the consequences of them.

They are using the children they CHOOSE to have as hostages to extort money from society. How would you not consider that stealing?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Taxation is not steal. It's the price of society and civilization.

I didnt say taxation was stealing. I said using children as hostages to extort money from society is stealing.

The money could be better spent on things like curing cancer, improving infrastructure, creating clean energy sources.

But instead it has to be wasted bailing out women who choose to have children they cannot afford. That is stealing from society.

Feb 10, 2000
They are using the children they CHOOSE to have as hostages to extort money from society. How would you not consider that stealing?

What about the choice the man makes to have unprotected sex with them?

Seriously, you will never, ever touch a woman unless you pay her first. You're a disgusting cretin.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Out of curiosity I ran a search. He has posted, repeatedly, that men have an equal right to abort their own children as women, and thus forced abortions are permissible if the father wishes. I can only assume his entire ATPN persona is a calculated one and that he doesn't really believe the outrageous things he says, but in any case if he says despicable things he deserves to be thought of as despicable in my opinion. This forum needs fewer, not more, members egregiously acting like assholes.

I suppose the consolation, if he is serious, is that he is not a person who will ever so much as touch a woman, and thus his forced-abortion nonsense will never come to fruition. Only a 27-year-old virgin (or a 19-year-old on a path toward being a 27-year-old virgin) would write this kind of pablum.

I ran a search as well. Apparently he is also in favor of forced sterilization of poor women who have too many kids as well as enslaving them and having them work in the mines to pay off their debt to society.

There is definitely a reason this kid is never going to get laid.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
What about the choice the man makes to have unprotected sex with them?

Seriously, you will never, ever touch a woman unless you pay her first. You're a disgusting cretin.

It seems you are advocating the "aspirin contraception method"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...-women-used-bayer-aspirin-for-contraceptives/

"The gals put it between their knees, and it wasn't that costly," he told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell.

Mitchell was visibly taken aback by the suggestion.

"Excuse me, I'm just trying to catch my breath from that, Mr. Friess, frankly," she said, after a pause.

Liberals had a fit about that. Seems you are suggesting man do the equivalent thing :hmm:

Liberals have said for 40 years that having sex is not consent to being a parent.

Consider from planned parenthood, http://www.plannedparenthood.org/nyc/talking-turkey-38298.htm

For example, “I might not personally choose to get an abortion, but I could never decide for another woman whether or not she was ready to become a parent.”

I am merely claiming that no one should decide for another man whether or no he is ready to become a father either.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I ran a search as well. Apparently he is also in favor of forced sterilization of poor women who have too many kids as well as enslaving them and having them work in the mines to pay off their debt to society.

There is definitely a reason this kid is never going to get laid.

I was in favor of sterilizing a poor crack whore who had her previous 7 children removed from her, because she abused them.

Apparently liberals would rather see children abused than a woman's reproductive "rights" infringed o_O

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I was in favor of sterilizing a poor crack whore who had her previous 7 children removed from her, because she abused them.

Apparently liberals would rather see children abused than a woman's reproductive "rights" infringed o_O

lol, no. If she's abusing kids that is a crime that she can be put in jail for. For only having been here two months you have compiled quite a slew of woman hating posts, actually. I seriously wonder what happened to you that made you so mad at women.

Regardless, if you actually believe what you are writing here you are a repulsive individual.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Republicans: By saying abortion is wrong and passing laws making it more difficult to get one.

Democrats: By worshiping any choice a woman makes and handing out money and other goodies to women who pop out kids they cannot afford.

Well, good to see that neither is interested in population control like many here want...

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
we know that human being evolve and are better every generation..

so in all reality, we kind of owe it to the human race to support the people who aren't as intelligent/good at making money.

at least, i see it that way, i dont mind paying out of my pocket so that another human can grow and live a life on this wonderful planet..

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
the way i see it, the more the merrier, it will force us to become more eco-efficient, with a smaller population everything would slow down.. supply and demand...

it will also speed our colonization into space.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
why do we want people who struggle to support themselves take on a greater financial burden caring for yet another person?
then have that child who's born into poverty struggle to break out of it, and have the vicious cycle continue?

it doesn't make sense to me. surely someone has the answer to such a simple question.

Wow... don't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole, but here it goes.

First of all, ANY support of the poor is going to keep them alive, or healthier. Just like with stray animals the act of feeding, by itself, promotes reproduction.

How are you going to avoid that? Don't provide anything to them, or take away their freedom to screw like rabbits?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wow... don't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole, but here it goes.

First of all, ANY support of the poor is going to keep them alive, or healthier. Just like with stray animals the act of feeding, by itself, promotes reproduction.

How are you going to avoid that? Don't provide anything to them, or take away their freedom to screw like rabbits?

Can you provide any data that shows that a nation's birth rate increases as the generosity of welfare benefits goes up?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Can you provide any data that shows that a nation's birth rate increases as the generosity of welfare benefits goes up?

Is there a link in my pocket? Why no, there isn't.

Are you suggesting the sick and dying are more likely to have children? It's simple logic. Keep people alive, keep them healthier, and children will be more prevalent.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002

Are you suggesting the sick and dying are more likely to have children? It's simple logic. Keep people alive, keep them healthier, and children will be more prevalent.

so what's the problem? are you selfish that you can't reach out a helping hand to your less fortunate fellow man? some bloodlines are just more evolved, smarter, better at succeeding in life... we dont get to pick who we'll be before we're born...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

So that's no evidence then? Actually states with the most generous welfare benefits tend to have among the lowest fertility rates.

You say it's simple logic. If that's the case there should be some evidence to support it. I don't think it's out of line to ask you to support your claim.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Because certain people want only "abstinence only" sexual education and it's perhaps the least effective form of sexual education in terms of reducing unexpected pregnancies.