why do we encourage poor people to reproduce?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Liberals don't care about people, they care about votes and power. If welfare went away not only would the population of poor people go down so would the number of illegal immigrants.

If people HAD to pay their way then they would make totally different decisions. Sure some would still screw up but they would have to rely on their families who would eventually push them in the right direction whereas the government is happy to keep on rewarding bad behavior.

If people HAD to pay their way then those jobs liberals claim Americans won't do would be filled by Americans paying their way and at the same time trying to find a way to a better job.

The government wrecks everything it touches.

Yeah you're right, poor people never had lots of kids before the welfare state.

You can always tell when a post includes 'liberals think X, or liberals want to do X', the following content is going to be blindingly stupid.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Because liberals dont care about poor people. They care about women being able to do whatever they want and everyone supporting their decisions.

And conservatives are against abortion. Any practical implementation of keeping the poor from breeding would involve abortion.

/thread

Uh oh, nehalem is raging about women again. Was your mom mean to you growing up or something? Did the love of your life dump you? Where is this rage towards women coming from?

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Yeah you're right, poor people never had lots of kids before the welfare state.

You can always tell when a post includes 'liberals think X, or liberals want to do X', the following content is going to be blindingly stupid.

As usual everything in lost on you. It doesn't matter how many kids anybody has as long as they take care of them themselves. The modern world is much different. The stupid government has made everything so expensive people wouldn't have the option to make bad choices for long. Most societal problems would self correct if the government was not trying to buy it's power.

Apr 27, 2012
There's a lot of simplistic logic going on. Tell me, what is the alternative to welfare? Deep poverty and more kids in the hope that having more children will eventually lead to more workers to support a family. This has been seen throughout history and is currently seen in many developing nations.

What dont you understand? Welfare gives people an incentive to not work, and many women especially illegal immigrants are pumping out kids for the welfare and the Democrats support this.

These welfare policies have also hurt the African American community and contributed to the single parent problem

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The OP is a known racist. He's obviously using code words. Anyone here can look at his posting history to understand his true intentions here. If you don't see it then perhaps you're either too stupid, in denial, or in agreement with him. Or all three.

Or perhaps I dont want to pay to support the children of poor white people either. Hence the lack of racism.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
As usual everything in lost on you. It doesn't matter how many kids anybody has as long as they take care of them themselves. The modern world is much different. The stupid government has made everything so expensive people wouldn't have the option to make bad choices for long. Most societal problems would self correct if the government was not trying to buy it's power.

This really shows a stunning ignorance of history. You think that those additional poor children were 'taken care of' in the past? Go crack open a history book, man.

As usual this is fact free antigovernment raving based entirely on your gut feeling of how things were.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Uh oh, nehalem is raging about women again. Was your mom mean to you growing up or something? Did the love of your life dump you? Where is this rage towards women coming from?

I have issues with everyone who wants to take money from me to support their poor life choices and narcissism.

In this thread that is women.

I have also posted against Bank executives (largely men) and said they should be put up against the wall or caned.

And against the facebook executive, a man, who is renouncing his US citizenship to avoid taxes.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I have issues with everyone who wants to take money from me to support their poor life choices and narcissism.

In this thread that is women.

I have also posted against Bank executives (largely men) and said they should be put up against the wall or caned.

And against the facebook executive, a man, who is renouncing his US citizenship to avoid taxes.

You have said you want the police to go to women's houses, drag them out, take them down to a hospital, and forcibly remove fetuses from inside them. You have some very serious woman issues.

I'm hoping when you grow up some you will get out of this phase.

Apr 27, 2012
So the anti-abortionist people are now advocating abortion for the very poor? That's rich. Tell me, are you also advocating forced abortion because, obviously, the poor don't want to go that route.

These poor people shouldn't be having kids if they cant afford it

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Just came back to make a statement. I see nehalem256 and Incorruptable are arguing along the same line. Astonishingly, both became members in April 2012. I'd love to see what the moderators see right about now...

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You have said you want the police to go to women's houses, drag them out, take them down to a hospital, and forcibly remove fetuses from inside them. You have some very serious woman issues.

Some of us think having children live in poverty is a bad thing.

If a man took my wallet I would want him sent to prison as well.

Does that mean I have serious men issues?

Feb 10, 2000

Has he seriously said that? Jesus - the anonymity of the Internet really does tacitly encourage people to say despicable things, doesn't it?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I would want esk to quote it (in context) before I would believe it. It is too harsh to just accept at his word.

kyp275

Jul 21, 2003

Some of us think having children live in poverty is a bad thing.

If a man took my wallet I would want him sent to prison as well.

Does that mean I have serious men issues?

perhaps, though I think you just have a serious humanity issue.

tbh, I wouldn't mind if police went to your house and drag you to the hospital to forcibly remove your brain to study just what kind of aliens are invading our planet.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
perhaps, though I think you just have a serious humanity issue.

tbh, I wouldn't mind if police went to your house and drag you to the hospital to forcibly remove your brain to study just what kind of aliens are invading our planet.

Expecting people to be responsible for their actions is not having "serious humanity issues". Unless you are arguing that large numbers of people are incapable of being responsible for their actions. Although I dont see how that is an argument to allowing them to be parents.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Has he seriously said that? Jesus - the anonymity of the Internet really does tacitly encourage people to say despicable things, doesn't it?

Yes, he seriously said that. Well, he said that anyone who was too poor who didn't get their government mandated abortion should be imprisoned. I guess he might have just thought that women should rot in jail as opposed to having their fetuses forcibly aborted. Either way, it's pretty horrifying.

EDIT: And it's not like he's disputed my understanding of his position in this thread, if anything his responses seem to indicate that I have it right.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2243958&highlight=abortion&page=9

I think he might believe he's being 'edgy' or coming up with tough solutions or something. Either way yes, I doubt anyone would be brave enough to put forth such an insane proposition in front of people they actually knew.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
because the liberals need the votes and generational dependency for their parasitic social scams funded by the tax payer.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Yes, he seriously said that. Well, he said that anyone who was too poor who didn't get their government mandated abortion should be imprisoned. I guess he might have just thought that women should rot in jail as opposed to having their fetuses forcibly aborted. Either way, it's pretty horrifying.

EDIT: And it's not like he's disputed my understanding of his position in this thread, if anything his responses seem to indicate that I have it right.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2243958&highlight=abortion&page=9

I think he might believe he's being 'edgy' or coming up with tough solutions or something. Either way yes, I doubt anyone would be brave enough to put forth such an insane proposition in front of people they actually knew.

How is it any different than the Obamacare health insurance mandate?

The Democratic Party passed a law requiring you to purchase health insurance, or you will be fined. What do you think will happen if you dont pay the fine? :hmm:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Stealing from others either directly or by extortion is wrong. If a man steals is he is thrown in prison. Why should it be any different for a woman?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

So you admit he did not say it, but rather you created it and attributed it to him. You should go back and edit your other post to say he did not actually say it, since he did not actually say it.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
How do we encourage it?

Republicans: By saying abortion is wrong and passing laws making it more difficult to get one.

Democrats: By worshiping any choice a woman makes and handing out money and other goodies to women who pop out kids they cannot afford.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
why do we want people who struggle to support themselves take on a greater financial burden caring for yet another person?
then have that child who's born into poverty struggle to break out of it, and have the vicious cycle continue?

it doesn't make sense to me. surely someone has the answer to such a simple question.

Rising living standards come with a drop in reproduction. What is your point?