Why do people hate Michael Bolton?

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
2012628195428_michael_bolton.jpg

That's why.

It is what it is - people in most of the country hate mullets and the people under them. He could shave his head and he would never live that mullet down.

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
How could anyone hate the greatest sing-shouter of any generation? I measure greatness in dB.

51WDMYSH81L._SY300_.jpg

Demoralized

Jul 20, 2013
His 'later in life hair' wasn't as bad as his 'early in life hair'. I'll take that mullet over whateverthefuck he had going in that pic. However his music did suck and that's why people bag on him. The world has had too much of his kind of shitty music. Give me the 90s and the rest can fuck right off.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Plenty of people hate him, but he sold millions of records so apparently a lot of people did like him. It's popular to hate on him, he was Justin Beiber before Beiber was even born.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
"You, you know, you can just call me Mike."

images

Samir: You know, there is nothing wrong with that name.

Michael: There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
So the soon to be wife doesn't want "when a man loves a woman" to be your wedding song?

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
How could anyone hate the greatest sing-shouter of any generation? I measure greatness in dB.

51WDMYSH81L._SY300_.jpg

Amazing ... its like Jim Morrison has come back to life. :eek:

He should have covered 'Light My Fire' and realized his true calling.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
never understood the hate either. i loved all of his songs in the 90s. haters gonna hate i guess.

how can you not like:
When a Man Loves a Woman
How Can We Be Lovers if We Cant Be Friends
To Love Somebody
How Am I Supposed To Live
Said I Loved You But I Lied. (my fav of his).

Last edited:

unixwizzard

Jan 17, 2013
to many people, his voice has the same effect as finger nails scraping on a blackboard..

another example, Joe Bonamassa... the dude can _play_ the guitar but as soon as he starts singing any and all magic is lost..

acheron

Diamond Member
May 27, 2008
never understood the hate either. i loved all of his songs in the 90s. haters gonna hate i guess.

how can you not like:
When a Man Loves a Woman
How Can We Be Lovers if We Cant Be Friends
To Love Somebody
How Am I Supposed To Live
Said I Loved You But I Lied. (my fav of his).

So what you're saying is that you celebrate his entire catalog?

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
He was a little bit of a Robin Thicke of his generation, without the boobies. He was a very successful songwriter who recorded his own album and had breakout hits with a couple of the tracks. He's been pretty much living off that and related work ever since, as far as I know. I don't know that a lot of people of my generation (same as his) "hated" him. And it probably doesn't bother him that some people in the current generation of young people do, because it's fairly well known that young people of the current generation have the musical taste of a root vegetable ;).