Why do I taste bitter?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hi all. I realize this is a 10 yo post, but I figured I'm having this issue, others are too.
I was having the bitter taste on my skin and lips, dry mouth, cracked tongue, numbness in my mouth and hands, fatigue, problems worsening through the day. I never used anything but rubbing alcohol to clean my keyboard.

I got rid of my ipad case, and the problems disappeared almost completely on day one. Day three, nothing. Well, it took a bit longer for my tongue to completely heal, but not much. I had a rubber case. Ordered off eBay from China. It was getting kind of old. I'm guessing the rubber started breaking down. Chemicals!

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else thinking they were going crazy or dying a horrible death.
This is why you don't order stuff off eBay from China.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Hi all. I realize this is a 10 yo post, but I figured I'm having this issue, others are too.
I was having the bitter taste on my skin and lips, dry mouth, cracked tongue, numbness in my mouth and hands, fatigue, problems worsening through the day. I never used anything but rubbing alcohol to clean my keyboard.

I got rid of my ipad case, and the problems disappeared almost completely on day one. Day three, nothing. Well, it took a bit longer for my tongue to completely heal, but not much. I had a rubber case. Ordered off eBay from China. It was getting kind of old. I'm guessing the rubber started breaking down. Chemicals!

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else thinking they were going crazy or dying a horrible death.
necro of the year 2019

Mariam1313

Jun 7, 2020
The problemas is the use of alcohol, or other desinfectants. The manufacters add a sustance calles Britex (Denatonium Benzoate) is the more bitter compound in existance. To prevent ppl to drink sanitazers or medical alcohol. It can be absorbe by the skin and get systemic. Is harmless though, but quite annoying.