Why do conservatives...

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Because he believed in God but not a religious state?
From a quick look at his wiki under religion, he sounds like a well balanced man

He knew that religious states always end in tyranny. It might start as a democracy, but sooner or later, the priests always appoint a king. It even happened in the bible.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I'm ex Catholic, I guess I'm a Deist now.
It is hard to break away, I always have doubts
There's a lot of things I could burn in hell over, and those things were burned into my brain when I was younger
Now that I let my own children follow their own way also, I suppose the Catholic version of God is pretty pissed at me
I'm making a huge leap of faith believing God would not really make me burn in hell for my sins.

edit- I should say I just left the Church, I haven't been excommunicated yet

Last edited:

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
So without laws based upon the 10 commandments..What laws would there be?

It seems like you advocate worshiping objects,disrespecting your parents,murder,stealing,screwing anything that has a pulse,kenniving to
gain your neighbor's property..

..because those are all "religious" "christian" rules and laws based upon the 10
commandments.

Your misery seeps into your typing ;)

What are you running from?

Laws would be based on survival, respect for your fellow man, humanistic morals and ethics, solidarity, the betterment of the species, respect for the planet we've evolved highly enough to be responsible for, etc. You know, just like how they are now without using that bullshit lie about the laws being based on the 10 commandments. Nowhere did I advocated worshiping objects, disrespecting your parents, murder, stealing, screwing anything that has a pulse, "kenniving" or any of that other shit.

If you are really the kind of person who'd be out murdering and pilfering and all of that if it weren't for religion giving you your morals, let me just take a moment to thank you for remaining a mindless sheep in the oppressive grip of religion, for the safety of the rest of us, because there is something wrong with you.

Nice strawman argument, though.

Last edited:

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
In other words there are no atheist based charity hospitals that provide services to the poor and needy, so I should just stop asking?

Atheist groups? What? They are defined by a LACK of something. It is shocking that any such groups exist, because all they share in common is a LACK of something. Do you even use your brain?... Oh...

You keep blaming everything on "liberals" even though you have no clue what a "liberal" would think. You've been TOLD what to THINK that they are/think.. and you just keep parroting those talking points.

One day you might learn to think for yourself and the whole world might open up.

Til then, keep fighting phantoms!

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Possibly because social liberal positions are designed to destroy the traditional family. A position pretty much straight from the Communist Manifesto?

AHAHAHA! That is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a looong time... and I've seen Texashiker's threads!

I've yet to actually meet a conservative who didn't think socially liberal. Then again, I try not to venture into hick states... I did live in Florida for 5 years, but still, never heard a single person utter anything from the regressive social talking point list!

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Laws would be based on survival, respect for your fellow man, humanistic morals and ethics, solidarity, the betterment of the species, respect for the planet we've evolved highly enough to be responsible for, etc. You know, just like how they are now without using that bullshit lie about the laws being based on the 10 commandments. Nowhere did I advocated worshiping objects, disrespecting your parents, murder, stealing, screwing anything that has a pulse, "kenniving" or any of that other shit.

If you are really the kind of person who'd be out murdering and pilfering and all of that if it weren't for religion giving you your morals, let me just take a moment to thank you for remaining a mindless sheep in the oppressive grip of religion, for the safety of the rest of us, because there is something wrong with you.

Nice strawman argument, though.

MMm..boy,You come across as being so free and happy;How can I be as free and happy as you?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
AHAHAHA! That is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a looong time... and I've seen Texashiker's threads!

I've yet to actually meet a conservative who didn't think socially liberal. Then again, I try not to venture into hick states... I did live in Florida for 5 years, but still, never heard a single person utter anything from the regressive social talking point list!

So I take it you missed the whole abstinence only sexed thing huh?

Nov 29, 2006
MMm..boy,You come across as being so free and happy;How can I be as free and happy as you?

Hey ThinClient. Looks like we found another one that cant make a rational arguement or stick to the subject at hand to save his life. Surely he's going to hell.

Nov 30, 2006
Hey ThinClient. Looks like we found another one that cant make a rational arguement or stick to the subject at hand to save his life. Surely he's going to hell.
I'm not sure that you know what hell is...it's a willful separation from God. Don't be confused by all the allegory. All that go to hell choose to do so.

“There are only two kinds of people in the end:
those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’
And those to whom God says, in the end, ‘Thy will be done’
All that are in Hell, choose it.
”
-- C.S. Lewis

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Black people have far higher rates of out of wedlock pregnancy. Pretty sure they aren't voting Republican.

They're also more likely to wind up in prison than any other demographic in America despite being in the minority in population. What does that say about Liberals?

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011

Who's not sticking to the subject at hand?
I undeniably proved statements in the OP were incorrect;and some people didn't like it;and now they're deflecting. :biggrin:

wah. LOL

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Who's not sticking to the subject at hand?
I undeniably proved statements in the OP were incorrect;and some people didn't like it;and now they're deflecting. :biggrin:

wah. LOL

I've been keeping up on this thread and I'm reasonably sure you did no such thing. Your arguments have basically been "yes we do want a theocratic government, but it's ok because that's how the founders wanted it," which is straight out of my OP. You also went on a tangent about your god/commandments being the source of all morality/law, then you moved the goalposts to that only being the source for the US.

We can agree on the trolls deflecting though.