Why can't we all get along?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Most of you are too stupid to separate your emotions from your ability to reason.

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
NeenerNeener = ntdz

a split/double persona? hmmm

What? No.

Another Leftist conspiracy theory with no basis in fact.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nevermind. I've changed my mind. I'm going with CaptnKirk and joining the GOP. Time to stop worrying about the "other" guy and worrying about what I can get for myself.

:D

Time to write the congressman and ask for another tax break.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
now you got "why cant we be friends" stuck in my head.

but seriously, look at the first response to this. its like others have said: the loudest, most quick to respond are the people that are pretty much looking for a fight.
political discourse has gone from what many consider boring (c-span) to prize fight (crossfire, oreilly, etc) style excitement. and having reasonable debate isnt really possible in the venue that i think brought politics to the forefront of a lot of peoples mind that, while political beasts in general, probably didnt spend too much time actually discussing it with people who felt differently.

BBond

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
How can you have a reasonable debate with this?

"We are trying to change the tones in the state capitals - and turn them toward bitter nastiness and partisanship."

"Bipartisanship is another name for date rape"

-- Grover Norquist

How do you have a reasonable debate with people who will do anything to win regardless of the damge to our democracy?

Willoughbyva

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
People do get along. People in the media are making billions over the rift between the left and the right. Just look at the sensationalized talk shows. Also both parties have talking points that come out everyday or every-so-often that the media goes by. So who can change things? People need more than just facts to make judgements about what is going on in this country. It used to be that politicians were smart enough to digest the information and then put it in laymens terms for the average person to understand. Sure there where different conclusions made on the same evidence, but that is because there were different concerns by both parties. Now it seems that the politicians are steering away from facts and honest brokership. Both parties want power. Perhaps it is for more money. I don't know. I think that if people were better educated then both parties would be in trouble. The republicans more so than the democrats. They both want a two party system, but if they keep going the way they are going then perhaps it will leave room for another party to come aboard. Perhaps Ross Perot was just a few years off when he ran for President. There will need to be somebody to fill the void, but i wonder who it will be.

Willoughbyva

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
I was wondering if you were reffering to democrats. Or if you were reffering that some people on both sides can't seem to seperate their emotions from their reasoning?

sbacpo

Banned
May 25, 2005
Originally posted by: BBond
Originally posted by: sbacpo
Most of you are too stupid to separate your emotions from your ability to reason.

You nailed it.

Do you consider calling people "stupid" to be unemotional, sbacpo?

Anything can be done emotionally. However in the context of the post I quoted it doesn't appear that the poster is emotional at all. He, quite soberly, stated a fact which I wholeheartedly agree with. The threads on this message board are absolutely brimming with some of the stupidest comments ever put in print most of which appear to be emotional shrieking and ranting.

BBond

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: BBond

You nailed it.

Do you consider calling people "stupid" to be unemotional, sbacpo?

Anything can be done emotionally. However in the context of the post I quoted it doesn't appear that the poster is emotional at all. He, quite soberly, stated a fact which I wholeheartedly agree with. The threads on this message board are absolutely brimming with some of the stupidest comments ever put in print most of which appear to be emotional shrieking and ranting.

Not only is that clown too emotional, but he's an elitist as well. "Most of YOU are too stupid"???

You Bushies have an excellent record of being easily led by imbeciles.