Why arent Climate Change protesters using the phrase 'Global Warming' instead?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
the moniker 'Climate Change' was created by those that wanted to minimize the issue.

Why isn't Global Warming used anymore, even by protesters?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Because chuds spent the last 15 years conflating the issue to the point global warming is tied to a hoax for the stupidest among us.

Reactions: dank69

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
They don't? Climate Change is more precise, especially when discussing the problems associated the with phenomena. We're not just getting Warmer, we're shuffling the deck, as it were, of the Eco Systems we depend on.

Reactions: Paladin3 and pmv

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
the moniker 'Climate Change' was created by those that wanted to minimize the issue.

because with climate change, anything goes. what they really mean is catastrophic anthropogenic global warming but since that really has not occurred, they needed to coopt another term.

Reactions: highland145

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

The response from those who lie claiming there is no global warming was stuff like that twat James Inhofe who brought a snowball into Congress in February to "prove" things aren't warming. They'll always be like "it's 68 in my air conditioned house so warming isn't a thing", because they're both ragingly stupid and absurdly dishonest. Climate change is used to be more clarified.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
It helps de-conflate climate change from weather. (e.g. "how can there be global warming when it's cold in the middle of winter?!?")

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
It helps de-conflate climate change from weather. (e.g. "how can there be global warming when it's cold in the middle of winter?!?")
Exactly, Most of the science back in the 70's said warming but then areas had record cooling, whaaat ? I'm confused? OK so it means mostly warming however regions could actually cool in the models so its climate change. Then they said see you can't make up your minds! Certain politicians were going on over the deep freeze over NA last winter, again willfully ignoring NASA imagery showing deep blue over this continent red everywhere else. Seee they squealed, cold! record cold!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

You are not looking for an answer. You actually think your question is clever and you hope to troll with it. It isn't but there will be no showing you that because you would feel humiliated taking in that data. Just know that many of us are terribly threatened to know there are people like you in the world, stuffed full of your self flattering bull shit, but that for those with understanding, we know you are just trying to maintain a sense of self respect that was destroyed when you were a child. We know you can heal, but you will need humility first and I have no desire to humiliate you so you can find that state. If you ever feel an need to change, then and only then will you be ready. But know that people waste whole lifetimes in a state of ego pride behind which they hide their pain. Hope you aren't one of those but it's out of my hands.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Where did you get that idea? It's actually the opposite. The effects of warming go far beyond the temperature so people consciously shifted the terminology used many years ago. It was those who wanted to BROADEN the issue, not those who wanted to minimize it. The deniers latched on to "global warming" and some continue ridiculing it by that name to this day.

Reactions: soulcougher73

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Using “climate change” makes it not falsifiable unlike “global warming” due to natural and expected variation.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Using “climate change” makes it not falsifiable unlike “global warming” due to natural and expected variation.

Using “climate change” makes it not falsifiable unlike “global warming” due to locally observed natural and expected variation.

An advanced scientific understanding of life is normally pursued by people of high intelligence and involve the mastery of difficult material. The average person lacks the training to think scientifically, but because ignorant people, having no idea how ignorant they are, assume that climate is what is ourside their own front door. They imagine that if you called global warming global warming instead of climate change, every time it got cold outside would disprove the theory. Conservatives especially fall for this kind of low level thinking, and like most ignoramuses are very much self impressed by that thinking. But you know how it goes. A fool convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Seems pretty obvious a highly-complex and chaotic system is not going to respond uniformly and monotonically to increasing energy input. Some bits will get warmer, some will get cooler, even if overall the total heat budget has an upward trend. Personally I don't think it matters at all which term is used. Overall the world is going to be warming, but not uniformly everywhere. The climate will be changing, but in the general direction of greater warmth averaged over the entire system. Neither term seems exact. But it's just a label. The point is the specific details of the various challenging changes predicted to happen.

Jul 9, 2009
There you go again, yelling at a mirror.
Sure Greta, hugs and kisses on your climate protest.

"But what really got the attention of delegates in the hall was when the Swedishclimate activist Greta Thunberg, 16, early in the day, lit into world leaders for their “business as usual” approach to a problem so grave. “The eyes of all future generations are upon you,” she said, her voice quavering with rage. “If you choose to fail us, I say we will never forgive you.”

Rarely does anyone speak in this way at the world body. A bit later in the day, Ms. Thunberg watched with a look of fury in her eyes as Mr. Trump passed through a hall, a video clip posted on Twitter showed."

Nov 25, 2013
Sure Greta, hugs and kisses on your climate protest.

"But what really got the attention of delegates in the hall was when the Swedishclimate activist Greta Thunberg, 16, early in the day, lit into world leaders for their “business as usual” approach to a problem so grave. “The eyes of all future generations are upon you,” she said, her voice quavering with rage. “If you choose to fail us, I say we will never forgive you.”

Rarely does anyone speak in this way at the world body. A bit later in the day, Ms. Thunberg watched with a look of fury in her eyes as Mr. Trump passed through a hall, a video clip posted on Twitter showed."

Scared of a 16 year old girl from Sweden. ROFLMFAO

In her short life she's accomplished more than you could ever dream of.

51261378_766537367047419_8941528895547506688_n.jpg

Reactions: sandorski

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Being put off by uppity women is part being conservative.

And ignoring them is part of being the American electorate. She’ll be ignored the same way the teenagers in Florida were in demanding gun control or any other number of causes the young gravitate towards. They have their entire lives ahead of them to get used to being disappointed before eventually being on the status quo side once they have careers, assets, and something to lose.

Nov 25, 2013
And ignoring them is part of being the American electorate. She’ll be ignored the same way the teenagers in Florida were in demanding gun control or any other number of causes the young gravitate towards. They have their entire lives ahead of them to get used to being disappointed before eventually being on the status quo side once they have careers, assets, and something to lose.

So very ignored

1569286121612.jpeg

Damn but you are one miserable dipstick.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
That's the exact strategy Epstein used on powerful people to continue sex trafficking children - get them to corrupt themselves, so that they're dependent on the corruption just to stay above water. Do that, and they'll eventually project that corruption on others to maintain the current status quo corruption.

Modern US Conservatism to a fucking T.

Holding a mirror up to a US Conservative is both fun, and terrifying.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
That's the exact strategy Epstein used on powerful people to continue sex trafficking children - get them to corrupt themselves, so that they're dependent on the corruption just to stay above water. Do that, and they'll eventually project that corruption on others to maintain the current status quo corruption.

Modern US Conservatism to a fucking T.

Holding a mirror up to a US Conservative is both fun, and terrifying.
Epstein = "Modern Conservatism?" :/

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Epstein = "Modern Conservatism?" :/
I realize y'all aren't used to digesting words and phrases without thought leaders telling you what to think about it first, so I'll try to put it into bite-sized snippets of thought.

Person I quoted says that corruption eventually changes people so that they become corrupt (which, is actually the goal of corruption, to perpetuate itself for the benefit of the corrupter). In essence, right now young people don't want to poison the world they live in, because, well, they don't like poison. But, if they're forced to carve out a nook in that poisoned world, well, they'll eventually perpetuate it too, because that's what they're used to, and change can often be uncomfortable, especially if you're corrupt and won't personally benefit from changing it. Yes, I had to unpack that from what a Modern US Conservatism thinks is brilliant philosophy, but, well, that's how it unpacks in objective, observable reality.

I then said the word "strategy", and brought up Epstein.

Epstein used his wealth and connections to do terrible things, and used his connections to get in with rich and powerful people, and corrupt them so that they'd be forced to perpetuate it, because he has the dirt on all those people, and it sure as shit isn't going to help some pedophile to admit to being a pedophile with Epstein's help.

Why is that a good way of describing modern US Conservatism? Well, shit, I quoted a modern US Conservative who essentially admitted out loud that young people who get corrupted will disavow their principles and perpetuate that corruption because that's what they know. I mean, he fucking said it, not me. And then I compared it to how sex-trafficker and pedophile Epstein was able to just fly around raping children with almost unlimited immunity.

Don't worry though, I think Brock O'bummer wore a tan suit this week, AND put his god damn feet up on a table. So, go get enraged about that. Just ignore anything said here. I know you will.