Who's playing Minecraft?

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Set up traps when she comes in to steal your stuff that kills her. :biggrin:

Or get the car mod and take her on rides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTX6A_JIVI

haha good idea. Time to make some pressure plate activated TNT traps.. Hope she doesn't get too mad lol

I've started making powered tracks that I'm sure she's going to enjoy. Might have to build a speedy one that dumps you in to lava!

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Can someone explain to me the world size? I think ours is on normal which I read is 256x256x64, but that can't be individual blocks as it's certainly larger than that.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Can someone explain to me the world size? I think ours is on normal which I read is 256x256x64, but that can't be individual blocks as it's certainly larger than that.

Unless you limit it, it is virtually as big as the Earth. Which basically means it's larger than you could fully explore. The more you explore the more hardware resources are taken up though, one map a niece and I play on is 2gb in size now, but that is a huge area. It literally takes an hour to go from Spawn to some of the edges of explored areas. I have 1 rail system that's pretty much straight and goes full speed, yet takes approx 10 minutes to go from start to finish.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
Cool new world generation option for Minecraft released in the latest snapshot; it's called "Amplified".

Here's a video (can't find a screenshot that does it justice) showing it. Some pretty amazing looking seeds from this option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFl_WzxFF3o

Edit: Side note: What is it with just about every video-game related Youtube channel having someone talking with a total douchebag disc jockey voice? Is that like a requirement for high numbers of subscribers now or something? It's frickin grating.

Last edited:

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Was reminiscing a bit about minecraft and remembered all the great times I had on kraken's server. Anyone else still around who played on there?