Who's playing Minecraft?

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Well the server seems to be back up but upon entering I get a crash due to ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. :(

Anyone else from that party (spencer512, rutgersemp, tacticalburn) able to get in?

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
I am spencer, still says: Failed to connect to the server, Connection Refused: Connect

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Yeah, something's jacked up, looking into it now.

Update: Not 100% on this, but I think it's due to an issue with the world itself. I'm in the process of rolling back to a save from yesterday to see if that resolves the issue.

I still have a copy of the most up-to-date world, so if this isn't the issue I will be able to go back, but at this point, if it does fix the problem, expect that you will have a significant amount of whatever you built yesterday missing.

I've also removed all admin/mod/ops privileges for now. It's temporary.

Before taking this step, I uninstalled/reinstalled Java, deleted the entire Minecraft server directory except for the world file and reinstalled everything, and the problem remained. The last option at this point that I can see if to roll back the world.

I'll post any updates as I have them.

Last edited:

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Well I just logged on without issue but the world was much older than yesterday. I still had stone tools so it was probably like 10 days old.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Well I just logged on without issue but the world was much older than yesterday. I still had stone tools so it was probably like 10 days old.

I just logged in and the Castle Greyskull I built Saturday night/Sunday morning is there, so it's from a backup I made yesterday. Not sure why there's an inconsistency there, i'll look into it.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I just logged in and the Castle Greyskull I built Saturday night/Sunday morning is there, so it's from a backup I made yesterday. Not sure why there's an inconsistency there, i'll look into it.
Just tried again and it appears the current world is back but it seems to be the one causing issues. But before that the world was very old.

edit: Current world is back without issue. No progress was lost but Krakn said it seemed like the player files were causing the problem. So all my inventory was emptied when I got back but no problem there as I had stuff in chests to remake the tools and whatnot.

I think one or all of our party of four messed it up.

Last edited:

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Yeah, ended up moving all of the player files, so when you log in a new file will be created, all all the stuff you had on you previously will be gone.

I did put 10-15 of each diamond tool in the chest at the default spawn, so hopefully that'll help. I'll add more as needed.

Also will be adding back a few more admins as time goes on, but going to limit it to only a few people for now. I'll let people know as I do that.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Will our warps still exist? Otherwise I am not sure if I can get back to my lake...

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah, ended up moving all of the player files, so when you log in a new file will be created, all all the stuff you had on you previously will be gone.

I did put 10-15 of each diamond tool in the chest at the default spawn, so hopefully that'll help. I'll add more as needed.

Also will be adding back a few more admins as time goes on, but going to limit it to only a few people for now. I'll let people know as I do that.
Cool man thanks for getting it back up.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
ok bastards. I played this game till 4am last night. You all suck. Delete this thread.:p

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
Finished my rollercoaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXN5TPGo7s

Took me like an entire day to make, but I'm quite pleased with the result.

Dude, that is freaking awesome! It's very elaborate and nicely done, great job!

:EDIT: Minecraft.net seems to be having problems; I can't even log in to minecraft.

I guess I'll be using INVedit when minecaft.net comes back up :\... Is the stuff stored in chests still there? If it is, I guess I won't have to use INVedit as I have enough diamond in my stash to craft more tools. Hopefully the warps still exist.

Last edited:

HarvardAce

Mar 3, 2005
The warps still exist, but there were raging fires in a number of places before the server/minecraft.net went down a couple hours ago.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I just logged on, so it should be working now.

As for what happened, read the thread.