who's been paying Terri Schiavo's medical bills?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Modeps
WHO THE F CARES?! She did it to herself and this is getting far too much attention.

I haven't been following this (I know amazing huh?). How did she do this to herself?

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: JoeKing
Originally posted by: Modeps
WHO THE F CARES?! She did it to herself and this is getting far too much attention.

I haven't been following this (I know amazing huh?). How did she do this to herself?

Potassium imbalance due to Anorexia (or some other eating disorder) = heart attack that left her brain without Oxygen for too long = vegetative state.

MrYAK

Aug 19, 2004
ok fine, let me speak for everyone(well, some of you) who has a grasp of what goes on in life....

ppl die, we dont know them, it sucks for them their family, we dont know them so we aint emotionaly attached, we dont get all upset that they are dead or are in the process of it, we do however feel sad when someone in OUR LIFE dies because we know know them and care about them like family and friends.

so i for one dont know her so i'm not going to cry about her, she did it to herself. call me what you want i really dont care what ppl over the internet say about me and think they know just because i dont care for this person.

i'm not a cold hearted person nor do i have a mean spirit. so, let the flaming insue. i dont care.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Yossarian
I'm amazed that she can go so long without water. I thought you would die in like 3 days without water.

Well, normal people with a functioning brain and mobility would die in 3 days.

A living sack of skin and bones with no brain can last much longer apparently.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Crucial
WTF is wrong with you people.

You should be asking WTF is wrong with her parents. Their daughter died 15 years ago. It's time they accept that and move on with their lives.

I don't wish this on anyone but god dammit, you need to realize that this is not a person anymore!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

You should be asking WTF is wrong with her parents. Their daughter died 15 years ago. It's time they accept that and move on with their lives.

I don't wish this on anyone but god dammit, you need to realize that this is not a person anymore!

exactly

there is less then a 1% chance of ANYONE comming out of a coma that lasts for more then 3 weeks

most dont even make it that long, many get the plug pulled after as little as a week,

THEY ARNT COMMING BACK PEOPLE

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
I'm amazed that she can go so long without water. I thought you would die in like 3 days without water.

She received Easter communion.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: cobalt

that must have been some thimble of wine and cracker!

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Really though. She had a heart attack at age 27 because she was bulimic.

Now they're starving her to death.

IT'S LIKE RAAINNNNN ON YOUR WEDDING DAY

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Really though. She had a heart attack at age 27 because she was bulimic.

Now they're starving her to death.

IT'S LIKE RAAINNNNN ON YOUR WEDDING DAY
Its like ten thousands spoons when all you need is a knife.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: cobalt

that must have been some thimble of wine and cracker!

IIRC it was a drop of wine, no cracker b/c she was already so dehydrated.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
there was a malpractice suit against a doctor who failed to diagnose something important (can't remember what).

the money from that has been used to pay for her treatment, as well as medicade.

actually, the state medicaid department said they hadn't paid a dime.

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: loki8481
there was a malpractice suit against a doctor who failed to diagnose something important (can't remember what).

the money from that has been used to pay for her treatment, as well as medicade.

actually, the state medicaid department said they hadn't paid a dime.

CNN said that the Hospice was "donating" care.

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by: diabloII
she's taking up space on t3h newsx0rsz

Which is what was really meant by the memo that circulated saying it would be good for the party.

Edit: Not a conspiracy theorist but a Republican who thinks it is brilliant.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Kalvin00
Originally posted by: Baked
Somebody's secretly feeding her.

For some reason that made me bust out laughing. :D

many have tried

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4900026,00.html

During Jackson's visit, a man was tackled to the ground by officers when he tried to storm into the hospice, police said. He became the 47th protester arrested since the feeding tube was removed March 18. The man had two bottles of water with him but did not reach the hospice door, police said.

cheapgoose

Diamond Member
May 13, 2002
man, i don't care how she got into this but geez, let her go, does anyone actually think she would want to live as a veg. the parents are fvckin' selfish as hell.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

What about all this wasted time, money and effort over the past 15 years and could be used to save many, many more people than this single girl who screwed herself up.

BadNewsBears

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BadNewsBears
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Who cares?

:beer: Here's hoping she dies soon.

:beer:

:beer:

BTW my grandpa had the same stuff happen and we had to pull water for him. He would still react to light and voices but it was all deep deep inner brain activity. He could tell the diff between my mom and her brother, but still. It broke my heart to see him struggl so long. The doped his ass up on 3x morphine and he went painlessly.
rose.gif
Grandpa

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm waiting for some poor person dying of an unfashionable disease (AIDS, HepC, liver damage, etc.) to get on the TV and ask why no one cares if he dies...

Seriously, couldn't the R2L bandwagon have found a better bandwagon to hop on? One with a brain maybe?

*I am a card-carrying Republican.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
medicaid. another welfare state program conservatives so love to hate and take slashes at whenever possible. life's wonderful, as long as you don't have to pay for it apparently.