who's been paying Terri Schiavo's medical bills?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
there was a malpractice suit against a doctor who failed to diagnose something important (can't remember what).

the money from that has been used to pay for her treatment, as well as medicade.

SofaKing

Banned
Nov 29, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481
there was a malpractice suit against a doctor who failed to diagnose something important (can't remember what).

the money from that has been used to pay for her treatment, as well as medicade.

there you go.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
WHO THE F CARES?! She did it to herself and this is getting far too much attention.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
well she used a couple of stackable coupons them PM's a hospital across town.

Why do you ask?

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: rudeguy
well she used a couple of stackable coupons them PM's a hospital across town.

Why do you ask?

lets hope it didn't involve a tigerdirect rebate on a SOYO motherboard to niagara falls, NY.

Bassyhead

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SofaKing

there you go.

yup

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Modeps
WHO THE F CARES?! She did it to herself and this is getting far too much attention.
Yeah, I found it ironic that the cause of all this was due to her "starving" herself.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: Crucial
WTF is wrong with you people.

nothing, we are fine its the rest of you that have the issues

What? You mean obsessing over someone else's life who you don't even know isn't normal?! Damn!

Seriously, everyone needs to just let it go.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I'm amazed that she can go so long without water. I thought you would die in like 3 days without water.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: her209
Yeah, I found it ironic that the cause of all this was due to her "starving" herself.

is that what caused her condition? I thought she suffered from a heart attack?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: MaxDSP

yes and it was caused pr a protene imbalance because SHE DIDNT FING EAT

she shoudl ahve died 15 years ago

we are fing up natural selection and we need to stop

msparish

Aug 27, 2003
Originally posted by: MaxDSP

She had bulimia, leading to a chemical imbalance (low potassium I think it was), which caused the heart to stop.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000

That was $1 million. $700,000 for her direct care, $300,000 for the Mr for lack of companionship. I'm sure that was blown through quite a while ago already. Hospital care is freaking expensive.

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
If this is the case then why do we have doctors at all. If we don't want to f up natural selection then nature should just take it's course.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Kenazo

That was $1 million. $700,000 for her direct care, $300,000 for the Mr for lack of companionship. I'm sure that was blown through quite a while ago already. Hospital care is freaking expensive.

im sure that didnt even last 6 months

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
well, I'm sure hospice care is a lot cheaper than actual hospital care, but yeah, I'm sure it didn't last more than a few years.