Whoohoo, Grilled my first Burgers!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Whoohoo, post #100 in my thread :cool:

Up on the menu this week:
Pork Ribs
Teriyaki Chicken Shish Kabobs
BBQ Burgers
Salmon
Honey Mustard Chicken

I'm surprised at how much cheaper it is to make your own food than to eat out. I can afford to have nice food like salmon because it's actually cheaper than going out to eat. I got an 8-pack of frozen salmon fillets for $16, which works out to $2 per fillet. Compare that to your $6 meal at McDonalds! I don't see salmon on the menu there, lol. My wife and I have actually vowed not to go out to eat for one full month, so this grilling phase I'm in is really working out for the best right now. Good homemade food = fairly inexpensive!

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

The beef rib you saw at Sam's were probably Prime Rib. Of course that's going to be about $8-9 /lb. That's about the price of Ribeye steak at Sam's or Costco. The beef ribs I was talking about was short ribs which is much tougher cut and needs to be thinly sliced and marinated before grilling. Not all Sam's and Costco carry beef short ribs. Sam's carry with bone, Costco without bone.[/quote]

"Prime rib" is a cut of the loin and refers to the actual meat, not just the bone. It can be roasted whole bone-in
or boneless or cut into steaks (bone-in rib-eye, boneless rib-eye, or Delmonico). Once it is boned out the ribs
are just referred as "beef back ribs" and are usually low in price because most of what you pay for you don't
get to eat! (unless you can figure out a way to eat bones)..

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Howard
Originally posted by: Kaido
Those meat weiners are disgusting. Wrapping bacon around them is akin to polishing a turd.

Uh, are you vegan? :confused:
No. What I'm saying is, don't eat ***** food like that.

But it's oh-so-good :D

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Those meat weiners are disgusting. Wrapping bacon around them is akin to polishing a turd.

What would a thread be without at least one elitist? :roll:

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

What would a thread be without at least one elitist? :roll:
You like those things?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Annnnd I'm back from vacation! Grilling up some Honey Mustard Chicken, along with some French bread (Pillsburgy dough), steamed carrots with brown sugar glaze, and virgin pina colada margaritas. I love summer!

What's your your plate tonight? :)