Who Won the Debate?

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who Won the Debate?

• Barack Obama

• Mitt Romney

• no one

• the American people

• Jim Lehrer

Results are only viewable after voting.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
He didn't use one-liners?!! What a prick.

That wasn't a debate, people should see a real debate sometime. Memorizing talking points and zingers does not make one smart or ready to lead. Never mind all the lies...

I agree, because Romney looked like the much better leader and clearly much more intelligent fighting through all of obama's talking points and lies.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
I agree, because Romney looked like the much better leader and clearly much more intelligent fighting through all of obama's talking points and lies.

Apparently a leader in this country means being able to reach from your posterior as if it's a sleight of hand manuever.

I agree with Todd33. Debates lately aren't anywhere near what they truly should be: each side goes over their talking points and facts. Not, one side has catchy zingers and general, ballooned, contextually removed counter-points and the other is so belittled from the debate that the only course of action is to address the audience with tangented factoids.

Also, what lies?

I suppose you believe that global warming is a lie, too? Ask the entire scientific community and the general consensus is that it's real. Ask the typical citizen and of course, you'll get the skewed rhetoric that the rich right politicians and corporate executives have been funding just so they can keep their financial empires from collapsing.

When you start looking at all of the evidence, you start seeing the truth come out. Or, you can just believe what Fox News tells you and say screw all that thinking for yourself. :rolleyes:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Done and shake.

I'd like to announce that spidey, ever and truly a man of his word, paid up promptly and courteously. I can't say I can even begin to understand his political and social positions, but, personally, he's a stand-up guy who stands by his word, and in a world and forum chock full of blowhard keyboard warriors, his real life integrity is something I deeply respect.

I'd like to add that Socio also promptly and courteously paid up on his $50 bet that there would be more votes than registered voters in Ohio. Yet another stand-up man of his word. :thumbsup:

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I'd like to announce that spidey, ever and truly a man of his word, paid up promptly and courteously. I can't say I can even begin to understand his political and social positions, but, personally, he's a stand-up guy who stands by his word, and in a world and forum chock full of blowhard keyboard warriors, his real life integrity is something I deeply respect.

I'd like to add that Socio also promptly and courteously paid up on his $50 bet that there would be more votes than registered voters in Ohio. Yet another stand-up man of his word. :thumbsup:

In my admittedly brief time here I haven't seen anything come out of spidey that justifies the widespread hatred of him.

I did see some anti-gay stuff from him that rubbed me the wrong way a bit, but I believe people can disagree on things, hold wrong positions on things, and still be good people.

I think the people who constantly use him as a punching bag have more to be ashamed about because of that, than he does.

Jan 25, 2011
In my admittedly brief time here I haven't seen anything come out of spidey that justifies the widespread hatred of him.

I did see some anti-gay stuff from him that rubbed me the wrong way a bit, but I believe people can disagree on things, hold wrong positions on things, and still be good people.

I think the people who constantly use him as a punching bag have more to be ashamed about because of that, than he does.

You would be mistaken. It's his approach. The over the top vitriol with which he expresses himself that raises people's ire regularly.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
That's pretty impressive. Grats to both of you. Spidey might have lost the bet but he still won by paying.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

I'm sure you know much better than people who have been here much longer than you.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I'm sure you know much better than people who have been here much longer than you.

Well actually my comment took into account both how long I've been here, and that he is in fact wrong on some things.

Btw, I don't consider 2009 to be very long ago. I was mostly referring to people here with registration dates akin to what Spidey himself has.

But I value your douchey little comment, thanks.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
*dismissive masturbatory hand motion*

Looks like pretty standard hyperbole akin to what I see from all sorts of people here and elsewhere. Try again.

You expect me to link to every obnoxious comment he's made here? I may have a lot of time to waste, but not THAT much time.

If you really want to know why he's mocked and derided, it's simple: he's outspoken, he's often abusive, he's frequently wrong, and he's not very bright. It's not a big surprise.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Looks like pretty standard hyperbole akin to what I see from all sorts of people here and elsewhere. Try again.

I find Spidey entertaining most of the time, but if you can't see the difference between Spidey's hyperbole and standard P&N hyperbole it's most likely something you've decided not to see.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

I'm sorry. He spreads racist propaganda on this forum and because he paid up he is a "stand up guy". puh-lease.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

Lol. Why would we expect you to? You and him are one of a kind.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well actually my comment took into account both how long I've been here, and that he is in fact wrong on some things.
Your post didn't take it into account enough, otherwise you wouldn't have felt justified lecturing the forum on a topic you admit to knowing nothing about.

Btw, I don't consider 2009 to be very long ago. I was mostly referring to people here with registration dates akin to what Spidey himself has.
I wasn't referring to myself, either. In fact, I actually considered tacking "and I" onto the end of my post to preempt such a retarded assertion but figured "No, this Geosurface guy hasn't shown himself to be a complete piece of garbage quite yet. I'll give him a little rope and see if he strangles himself with it."

But I value your douchey little comment, thanks.
You are very welcome.

What's this?

A conservative dismissing a piece of evidence contrary to his already entrenched belief? Say it isn't so. Say the science isn't right and didn't predict this outcome long ago.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I'm sorry. He spreads racist propaganda on this forum and because he paid up he is a "stand up guy". puh-lease.

He does post stuff that crosses the race line, and holds ultra, ultra right wing conspiracy view that I find loony. And he often uses disturbingly violent imagery which really does creeps me out, but, politics aside, the man has displayed a personal integrity in our bets that I can't help but admire.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
What's this? A conservative dismissing a piece of evidence contrary to his already entrenched belief? Say it isn't so. Say the science isn't right and didn't predict this outcome long ago.

I'm not a conservative, and my beliefs aren't entrenched. In fact if you knew me at all you'd find the notion of calling my beliefs "entrenched" to be laughable.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm not a conservative, and my beliefs aren't entrenched. In fact if you knew me at all you'd find the notion of calling my beliefs "entrenched" to be laughable.
Well then, why don't you tell me all about yourself or at least why you don't think you are a conservative? If you do not want to be seen as "entrenched" then do not dismiss clear evidence contrary to your stated position as if it doesn't matter.