• Mitt Romney

• no one

• the American people

• Jim Lehrer

Results are only viewable after voting.

dlock13

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 2006
Honestly, I believe no one won. Romney kept trying to remind people of Obama's "faults" as president and constantly promised pie-in-the-sky dreams which I'll never believe because he looks and acts like a salesman.

Obama definitely wasn't prepared enough as he kept having to stop mid-speech and think instead of having it all roll off nicely. He couldn't even really offer a good rebuttal either.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I'm going with Romney. He baffled everyone with bullshit. Obama could've called him out on his BS, but simply didn't.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Jim Leher lost, he let them do whatever they want. Which I feel is both good and bad, good that it lets them ramble on. Bad because it lets them ramble on and on about everything.

But I have a choice between a moderator that stays out, or buts in. I'd choce the stays out.

P.S.

for all the romney zinger ramblings, didn't pick up one.

The nbc commentor looked like he was going to puke saying romney won.

Last edited:

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Obama stuck to reality, Mittens just kept promising a chicken in every pot with no way to pay for it. The moderator stunk and mitt kept smirking and interrupting. So painful to watch.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
I think Romney had a good showing in the debate, but I think that he made some statements that may come to bite him in the ass at a later point.

Andrew111

Aug 6, 2001
Alright....who are the 3 that voted for Obama? dmcowen, Phokus, who is the third? If you truly think Obama won....wow.

theevilsharpie

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2009
With respect to presentation, Romney won, without a doubt. Although his pace of speech lost me a few times, he was clear and articulate, and had a quick answer for Obama. He lost points with me for arguing with the moderator, but overall, I thought he sounded better.

Obama didn't have his best performance tonight. He stuttered, stammered, and passed up opportunities to nail Romney. I don't know if he was just short on sleep, or if something is weighing on his mind to the point of distraction, but it made him look unprepared. If Obama's performance tonight was intentional, he needs to fire his debate prep team immediately.

As far as what kind of effect the debate will have on public opinion, we'll see. I think Romney won the debate, but his "zinger" about killing Big Bird is going viral, and I doubt that's the message Romney intended to convey. I also suspect that fact checkers will not be kind to Romney over the next week.

Andrew111

Aug 6, 2001
I liked what one commentator said....Obama was surprised to be talked to like that after four years as president, lol. Time to get back to reality there chief....he's done more fundraising events while president than his four predecessors COMBINED....should have squeezed in some more debate prep:)

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
It makes a better media narrative for all players on all sides.

A close race is good for "business".

And they also want people to think they have a brain still as well. I do agree with you, but the Pres did not even put up a fight. Weak. I hope other countries have no interest in watching that. eek

Atlas Shrugged II commercial on CNBC lol.

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Mitt won by default because Obama wouldn't call him out on his bullshit. Obama was lost in some cloud in his mind, thinking he'll win on logic alone, but Americans want to see a fight. First thing he should've done was tear Mitt a new one over the 47% remark.