Who will I vote for a do nothing Democrat or President Trump

Feb 4, 2009
Anyone else getting bombarded with #MAGA ads on AT?
I thought it might have to do with my browser history but AT is literally the only place I see these ads & baited surveys.

261D5CC6-FCB3-4828-9163-A2D0CEEDDDF3.png

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I'm glad I don't visit the site from my phone, I guess. I don't see any of it on my desktop because of Ublock Origin.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
hahahahahaaaa....as long as the Do Nothing Democrats are in control of the house, we essentially will have a do nothing President...lol

Dec 10, 2005
It's probably because his campaign has been doing a lot of digital ad buys, and then key words bring up those ads in P&N.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm glad I don't visit the site from my phone, I guess. I don't see any of it on my desktop because of Ublock Origin.

Winner! Among sites I visit regularly, AT ads were the only ones that screwed up my browser. It's why I downloaded Ublock Origin in the first place. Works great & it's easy to turn off for some sites. It's available for Firefox on Android-

Reactions: Zorba and Pohemi

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I have an Adblock app on my iPhone and I use pihole for my whole network at home so I rarely get ads.

This is a tech site guys, I would expect you guys to know how to browse with the best experience.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Their desperation is obvious to anyone that hasnt been brainwashed by Fox.
All the people who have been brainwashed are guaranteed to vote Donald again.
Not sure who these ads are for.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Their desperation is obvious to anyone that hasnt been brainwashed by Fox.
All the people who have been brainwashed are guaranteed to vote Donald again.
Not sure who these ads are for.
I guess two guys that basically did nothing during their combined 1000 years in Congress still isn't a hint.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I guess two guys that basically did nothing during their combined 1000 years in Congress still isn't a hint.
Donald has done nothing personally in his 1000 years and he got elected president.
Obviously what someone has done with his life is not the determining factor in winning an election.

Reactions: jameny5

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Donald has done nothing personally in his 1000 years and he got elected president.
Obviously what someone has done with his life is not the determining factor in winning an election.
They really didn't "win". They captured the White House with Russian assistance. And all along, the Base seems blind to Trump's True Nature, instead arguing "You're just sore losers! You're mad because you lost!"

But it's not an NFL game. Unless there's some intractable Moral Issue at stake, everyone is supposed to win something, no matter who's elected. Instead, "They Win" by putting a Big Loser in the White House, and everybody else gets F***ed.

What you say is not true if the relevant part of the electorate is thinking clearly. And thinking without Russian assistance.

Otherwise, point well taken. . . .

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
You are playing right into the hands of Trump and his Russian masters with your continual whining about Biden allegedly being a do-nothing (despite the fact that his legislative accomplishments are light years beyond the perpetual whiner Sanders, who has actually accomplished nearly zilch).

The only question in my mind is whether your actions are really intentionally meant to support Trump.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I have an Adblock app on my iPhone and I use pihole for my whole network at home so I rarely get ads.

This is a tech site guys, I would expect you guys to know how to browse with the best experience.
PiHole at home was one of the single greatest changes ever made to my home network.

Feb 4, 2009
It's really just a DNS filter afaik. It does look easy to setup.

You're a networking guy I trust your answer.
Tell me where my logic is wrong. So lets say you have 3 things using the internet. Tablet, computer, phone or TV. All those page requests have to go thru the raspberry PI which is a nifty piece of tech but not very powerful. How does a raspberry PI handle all that stuff?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You're a networking guy I trust your answer.
Tell me where my logic is wrong. So lets say you have 3 things using the internet. Tablet, computer, phone or TV. All those page requests have to go thru the raspberry PI which is a nifty piece of tech but not very powerful. How does a raspberry PI handle all that stuff?

pi-hole is just managing DNS requests, and filtering out garbage based on externally managed lists (provided by pi hole) it doesn't take a whole lot of power. you just have to point your router or clients at the pi-hole server IP (needs to be static set IP, either dhcp based on your MAC or just set it manually)

The initial install isn't bad, and setup was a breeze. management is thru a GUI. just gotta run it 24x7 (no sweat on a raspberry pi)

It's not handling switching or routing, just one service. although it can do dhcp if you want it to.

Browsing will likely feel faster from mobile devices using non-blocking browsers and apps, since pi-hole filters out much of the crud that comes with regular browsing.

Last edited:

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Safari on iOS has content blockers now for what it’s worth. I use adguard and never see anything on this site. Firefox + ublock origin on my desktop.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
The base isn't blind to Trumps true nature, they embrace it. Deplorables was the correct attribution.
This is what really kills me. Sure, there are supporters of his that may be ignorant and/or naive, but there are millions who are proud that they have someone in the WH that is as big a piece of shit human being as they are. It's good enough for them that he's a jerk with little compassion and the maturity of a five year old because it's how they feel internally.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Today’s AT ad:

View attachment 18518

The President hugging the flag

I'm tellin ya man, if you got an old laptop or spare pc, or even a VM (that's what I'm using right now). Pi hole filters out so much garbage. My android phone is the biggest culprit, even just browsing the google news feed reveals the sheer magnitude of garbage sites watching what you do. I just run pi hole on a ubuntu 18.04 server install. PM if you want more details

Reactions: Pohemi