who is wrenching today?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Any videos of it in action?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbqxixtt4lk&feature=related

Not my car but similar. It has different modes like street, track 1 & 2. Street mode will show you speed, rpm, gear, turn signal, and radio stuff. Track 1 & 2 has analog or digital speed mode with rpm, g-force display, and lot of different stuff you can cycle through like oil temp, pressure, and fuel. It's neat to play around with and see how high you can get the g-meter to display during turns.

Is that a Vette?

yes

Last edited:

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Washed...detailed engine bay, detailed interior, cleaned all windows, mirrors, door jambs everything....

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1347.JPG

Looks a million times better now :)

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I did the front brakes on my 88 CRX Si, cheapest rotors possible and Hawk HP+ pads.

I also took my brothers 89 Mustang through emmissions testing today, had to put back on the stock H pipe with the CAT's and it passed no problem, i was surprised.

Nothing too exciting, sorry no pics didnt know there was going to be a thread about it :)

joutlaw

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2008
Well I topped off my rad... it was around 1/2 gallon low... unfortunately I can't find the leak and it didn't run hot again.

On a good note I did see where the VTEC solenoid was leaking oil... Now if I can just find the gasket.

Edit: found the gasket for around $18.xx at the dealer.

Last edited:

SooperDave

Nov 18, 2009
I got sidetracked :D Did get the u joints out of the Datsun. I might try to get to the light plant again today.

SooperDave

Nov 18, 2009
You should have gone with changing the coolant. Aircooleds actually have a thermostat.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/franksta/thermostat.jpg
And that's what the one on my beetle looks like.

I thought he was serious about that one:\ When Cali. first started the emissions program several VW's came in to the shop that needed to have the thermostat, linkage, and tin work put in to pass. First time I ever pulled a VW motor. I never understood why you would take that stuff out in the first place:hmm:

Last edited:

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Looks like an engine and trans oil change today. It's gorgeous outside. :D

BW86

Lifer
Jul 20, 2004
replacing my ripped diverter valve with a billet one and changing my 2 piece headlights to 1 piece s4 xenon headlights

car = '99 audi a4

a41.JPG

a42.JPG

Last edited:

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
replaced stock deck in 05 grand cherokee, with another stock deck that had 6 disc inter changer...doing all 4 rotors/pads tomorrow, as well as the plugs.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Not much today, swapped tail lights on my car, changed a shitty wiper arm for a cleaner one from the wreckers.

Weekend:

Wash and clean extensively both my Saturn and the Maxima.
Gonna change some dash light bulbs in the Maxima (2 burnt)
Rear brakes on a 2WD Blazer (rear disc)
Installing coilovers in a Sunfire coupe

I wish there were more, but that's it.

All the other work that needs to be done on my cars (minus big jobs on my Saturn) are done for the time being.

I love a good weekend wrench-a-thon.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Got the oil changed on the cummins, all 10 quarts of it:)
I have the truck in a shop getting those ball joints done, and some tire work. I finished up the Onan with new plugs and an extended test run.

The J

Aug 30, 2004
Put new swaybar links on the Escape this past Sunday. Definitely much less body roll now with the Moog links in there.

Though the new links didn't seem to take care of the rattling/clunking from the front end over bumps, so I'll probably just let the nearby shop figure it out.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Put new swaybar links on the Escape this past Sunday. Definitely much less body roll now with the Moog links in there.

Though the new links didn't seem to take care of the rattling/clunking from the front end over bumps, so I'll probably just let the nearby shop figure it out.

Did you check the swaybar bushings?

EightySix Four

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2004
Did an overall check today, going to replace pads for something with a little more bite and a little less squeak than the stockers. Going to have it detailed tomorrow (yes I'm lazy). Then I'm going to start preparing to take the motor out for the new rods, pistons, springs, lifters, and rockers in the next week or two. All in preparation to swap in a new turbo when I return from Beijing in August. Will be good for 8k rpm and 450-500whp.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Did most of my recent wrenching a few weekends ago..

dsc00338z.jpg

New calipers, rotors, and coilovers. This weekend will be a small detail and maybe changing out my fog light and head light bulbs.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Up and coming, not looking forward to it:

P1011953.JPG

P1011954.JPG

The alternative:

IRSFailure_Case3_Pic002.jpg

Last edited: