Who is the earliest registered poster still posting

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Originally posted by: sjwaste
I lurked here in 1999. For some reason, I never wanted to register on any of the sites I frequented. Although I did have a 3 or 4 digit Slashdot ID. Lost the email address back in like 98, though, so that's gone.

I had a 4 or 5 digit ID and lost the mail as well.

Sucks because now, even with great Karma and lots of achievements I can't moderate (not in earliest 92.75% of users)

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
10/09/1999 here.

I originally joined in April 1998. There was already a decent sized crowd before I joined.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009

Could be Harvey, Red Dawn, 91TTZ, or

<--- Me.

If you count pre registration, I think that I'm pretty close behind Harvey, and I was before Red Dawn, and 91TTZ :)

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: So
Lowest UID I found with a random walk was Jason Clark, 572. http://forums.anandtech.com/to...one.aspx?ProfileID=572

Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
Might be Harvey?

I wasn't very thorough, but I tried looking for the lowest user ID I could find.

Jason Clark (writer of AT articles?) was 572, but last time he posted was 2007.
Harvey is user 574 with a join time of 10/9/1999 2:12:18 AM

On an unrelated note, Engineer's ID is 1337 :p

(Anand Lal Shimpi is 789)

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm close but definitely not one of the firsts. I remember years back a lot of people were the day before me.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Might be Harvey?
There's a good chance it is. He's been on these forums for quite a while - if I recall correctly he was an admin back when we were on UBB, which gives you an idea of just how long he's been here.

Of course there's no way to tell for sure, I don't believe anyone has any kind of archives for the old UBB board.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Might be Harvey?
There's a good chance it is. He's been on these forums for quite a while - if I recall correctly he was an admin back when we were on UBB, which gives you an idea of just how long he's been here.

Of course there's no way to tell for sure, I don't believe anyone has any kind of archives for the old UBB board.

Yeah, I just assumed we were throwing out pre-FT days since I don't think there's any way to prove anything.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
Originally posted by: vshah
a bunch of people will show the same date in 1999. hard to know who is actually the oldest

You could probably tell by their profile ID number.

If by "probably" you mean "definitely", then sure.

Copy and paste this : http://forums.anandtech.com/to...one.aspx?ProfileID=xxx into your browser and start from 1 and work your way up until you recognize someone :p

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I joined in 1999, somehow had my account deleted for a bad joke about s. african babies, aids and the rape they were getting.