Who here is actually playing CS 1.6?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
I like 1.5 better. Of corse, I have only played maybe 5 minutes of it, but all the same. I miss my knife rush!

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
I have played it a few times now. I like some of the new improvements to some of the maps. Airstrip is a nice map. Haven't seen Aztec yet but heard it got a face lift too. cobble looks nice.

I like some of the new guns but don't like the buy menu being different now.

All to say the jury is still out.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
CS 1.6 I'm not sure about, but I really like Steam actually. Maybe because I haven't had any of the problems everyone else seems to be having, but it seems great.

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Apparently the authentication server was down (and who knows what else). It said I didn't have CS installed. I flipped Steam the bird and said "Screw you, Steam". Steam smirked and grabbed it's vapor crotch. "Ooo, Steam, that really burns me" I replied. So I uninstalled Steam. Steam was pissed and all, but you know how it goes. Pretty soon Steam'll be all up ons.

On the (semi) upside, there's a 700 mb (ack) download that includes steam and all the full batch of cache schtuff for the different games available.