Who here has a Pontiac G8 GT?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I did look a few times. This thing was blue and honestly it looked like a nice 3-series. It still had the sticker on it, but since the guy was going through drive-thru, he had bought it. Local classified shows these as low as $32k, but I presume with rebates and all that they are cheaper. 365 horsepower or something like that, four doors, 6-speed auto. I wonder how many guys have convinced their wives that the car seat fits "just fine" back there?

This picture doesn't do it justice at all; looks way nicer in person.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i wish i did. does that count?

also, i've seen '08s go for damn cheap - like $25k or less with barely any miles :Q

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Apex
If I needed another sedan, I'd be very tempted by the G8 GXP.

They are sweet rides and to me, the interiors are nice as well but many people here think anything below BMW is crap. I really liked them.

KDKPSJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2002
I've seen quite numbers around here. Funny thing is, most of them had NO Pontiac emblem or "Pontiac G8" label on the back. I thought GM decided not to put those emblem on the back until I saw one with emblem and model name on the back. What's wrong with those owners? Is it that shame to get Pontiac this day? :confused:

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
It is a very sweet car...and you can get a peach of a deal on them. Not to mention they are way more roomy than a 3 Series or an A4. Size wise it competes with something like a 5 series. Granted though it is nowhere near as refined as a 5 series...but we're talking serious difference in money.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Yea I've seen a black one last time and thought it looked really good, never seen one before and thought it might of been the GXP (which it was not). All I can say is that I've hated every single Pontiac before this car, and thought they are looking fuckin terrible, so I'm actually excited :)

I'd def consider buying a GXP if I didn't already own a fairly descent car.

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
If they had a V8 with a stick for around 30k, it would be mighty tempting. As it is, 40k+ for a manual puts it way above it's... er... pay grade :)

Apex

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
www.gotapex.com
Originally posted by: Dman877
If they had a V8 with a stick for around 30k, it would be mighty tempting. As it is, 40k+ for a manual puts it way above it's... er... pay grade :)

With a $3k rebate, and the way the dealers have been hurting, I wouldn't be surprised if a manual equipped G8 GXP could be had for low 30's soon.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
I was reading a car magazine maybe Car & Driver last month and they were talking about the G8 GXP. Definitely a sweet-looking car. Then 3-4 days later, I saw a blue one turning onto my street. It was pretty cool.

Homer Simpson

Oct 10, 1999
i have an 08 G8 GT. traded my 06 GTO for it. Long tube headers, x-pipe, straight through mufflers, air intake and a tune. This things growls at idle and roars when i put my foot down. i love it. anyone who is in the market for a sport sedan and doesnt give the G8 a serious look is doing themselves a serious dis-service. and i plan to leave my pontiac badges on the car, thank you.

Oct 19, 2000
I LOVE the G8, but can't afford it right now. I've been looking around for used 08 G8 base models (I don't need a GT), and have found a couple around Akron for $18k with 15k-25k miles on them. That's too far away for me unfortunately, so I'll keep looking. The price on used G8's have come down tremendously since the middle of last year.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It might be our next car. We have a 02 Max 6-Speed that is starting to gather mileage. (unless I can find a real job and get my GT-R)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
it's a glorified Grand Prix ^_^

you'll be sad when this "glorified Grand Prix" smokes your A4 :p

(and on a serious note, it isn't a glorified grand prix)

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: PricklyPete
It is a very sweet car...and you can get a peach of a deal on them. Not to mention they are way more roomy than a 3 Series or an A4. Size wise it competes with something like a 5 series. Granted though it is nowhere near as refined as a 5 series...but we're talking serious difference in money.

Freaking G8 is HUGE. I have an 8th gen Accord (fairly big car now), and it is a tight fit in my garage because of a stair case. I wouldn't even be able to fit the G8 in my garage :( Which is too bad, because they are really nice.

LucJoe

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2001

Are you serious?

The G8 GT is an Australian made Holden Commodore with a slightly restyled front and rear fascia to look like a Pontiac. It has nothing to do with American made Pontiacs except for the badge.

On another note, it looks like GM was planning to bring this car to the Chevy line in the event of Pontiac getting axed as a new Impala SS

But yea, this is NOTHING like a grand prix. It competes with a 5 series for half the price.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
Originally posted by: angry hampster
Originally posted by: zoiks

Actually no.

G8 = generation 8 of the grand prix. However, that is where the similarities end.

Very nice cars.

Where did you get that nugget of knowledge? So does the G6 mean "Six generation of Grand Am"? Does G5 mean "5th generation of Sunfire"? I don't think so.

Saga

Banned
Feb 18, 2005
The wife drives a 07 G8 GT, and has a 02 TA in the garage. =P

I just have the truck and the Subaru DD.