Who here actually does NOT drink???

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raanemaan

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2004
I don't drink now. Haven't for about 25 years. But I did my share for about 3 years. Everyone makes their own choices.

astroview

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
Usually about 1-3 times a month, and I consider that a small amount compared to a lot of people I know. Personally I love it, I can have fun without drinking but I enjoy the feeling of not having any worries that drinking gives. Helps me be myself I suppose, not as worried as I normally am.

Am I developing a problem? I sure hope not, I think the frequency I do it is low. There are many times I go out that I don't feel like drinking and I don't.

Medellon

Feb 13, 2000
I don't drink much at all and sometimes I have gone 6 months to a year in-between drinks. I just don't find the taste of alcohol to be that appealing.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
After being rasied by VIOLENT, Drunk Driving, abusive Alcoholics - who had good jobs and sh!tty families - I hate alcoholics and pity anyone who is affected by them.

tomstevens26

Sep 21, 2001
I don't drink. About the only alcoholic drink I enjoy is a Pina Colada, and I haven't had one of those in a couple of years. Now that I think about it, I believe it might have even been a virgin. Never cared much for the taste, especially beer. Ick. I'd rather spend my money on computer stuff. :)

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
I had my first drink when I went to a kegger in high school when I was 15. I loved the feeling of being drunk. I was a shy kid and when I was drinking at a party I felt much more relaxed and I would actually hang out and chat with *gasp* girls. Some of my best memories of high school are from going to parties where everyone was drinking. I never drank by myself. For me, it was always social. Just a way to hang out with friends and have fun.
Once I turned 21, I use to go out to bars and drink with friends at least once or twice a week.
After I got married and became a father, those trips out became much less frequent.
I still will have an occasional drink or two with dinner or maybe go out and get a few beers with a buddy, but I rarely get drunk.

The last time I was drunk was about 10 months ago. I was in New Orleans for a week for a software conference and I drank almost every night. The night I did the most drinking, the alcohol was actually provided by Microsoft. They sponsored a dinner party at Pat O'Briens and had an open bar with stuff like Absolut, Bacardi, and Crown Royal. I ordered a Bacardi and Coke and everytime I finished one, the waiter would already have given me another. The scary part was when after the party, a group of about 100 drunk computer geeks all headed to Bourbon street together. I had dinner with several of the conference speakers. One of them ended up pretty much getting carried back to his hotel room. All in all, it was a blast. But I wouldn't want to be a regular drinker. It took me a few days just to recover from that trip.

jcuadrado

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
I drink...life is short...I have a good time when I have a few drinks in me...so I'll have a few drinks on the weekends to loosen up...when I was in college it was a different story though :)

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I barely ever drink.. I know a few good beers, and I know what I like.

but very rarely do I really ever drink.

elkinm

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2001
I don't drink alchol at all. Tried a little at a very young age and can't stnd it at all since. And I don't drink just about everything with the exeption of:

Sprite, Siera Mist, 7-UP and direct equivilents with the current 7-UP being the worst, and some hot tea.

Stange I know but it is alos cheaper then anything else.

DWW

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2003
I drink and love it. It makes me insightful, and I'm able to sit and get out of my body, past its defenses and look at my life objectively and see whats wrong, without throwing up any stupid barriers/excuses. I usually plan my life (the next 2-3 years) when I'm drunk or high...seriously its the best :)

I just woke up from a night of drinking. Only had 11 beers this time, which, for my height and size, is not a whole lot. I didn't feel all that great last night and forgot to eat or drink water before I went to bed... woke up with a massive headache and beer taste soaked into my gums....

mmmm beeer
now that I think of it, I have 1 beer left of the 12er to fix my headache :D

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I don't drink that often. It's been about a year since the last time I had a drink.

: ) Amanda

DWW

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2003
Do you guys think three to four beers daily (average), with getting drunk 2 of the 7 days a week, constitute a "problem"?

Wait I'm a college student so its not a problem :)

Though some of the drinking is alone (in the hot tub....now thats fun sh!t just chillin in there after a long day).

Z80

Jan 29, 2001
Everyone should drink one bottle of wine a day for your health
rolleye.gif