Who Got To Ask Questions At Obama's First Press Conference?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Corbett
Wait, so we are back to this again? She wasnt calling it a terrorist fist jab, she was stating the different names people had given that hand gesture. One of which happened to be someone calling it some sort of "terrorist secret hand shake". That is what she was referring to and she has already tried to explain that many times. Oh well.

How many people call it a terrorist fist jab, 5? She wanted to say Obama and Terrorist together as many times as possible. I'm sure we could find someone out there who seriously thinks McCain was brainwashed by the VC when he was captured. Do you dedicate even one sentence on the 'news' discussing the merits of such a thing?

That would be a a rhetorical question for most people, but apparently not everyone.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
Originally posted by: eleison
may you have none of your family and friends get laid off due to the bad economics policy of your messiah... but I doubt it.... stop drinking the koolaid and think...

The right wing's "Messiah" meme is not based on any genuine description of how Obama is perceived by the left, but is a coded appeal to the prevalent and quite genuine belief among many religious righties that Obama is literally the Antichrist. His supporters don't sincerely think Obama is a Messiah. There are thousands (if not millions) of people who sincerely believe he is literally, no kidding, the Beast of Revelation.

I have heard this allegation discussed seriously and without ridicule on mainstream conservative radio, and while most of the big name talkers won't publicly and officially cosign the idea, they're careful not to dismiss it or mock it either. The Hannitys of the world don't want to completely marginalize themselves from the mainstream by explicitly endorsing pure, uncut bullshit, but they don't want to discourage the idea either, and they surreptitiously encourage it by trying to hammer words like "Messiah" and "Chosen One." They want to reinforce the completely fabricated notion that Barack Obama is displaying some kind of unnatural arrogance - that his popularity should be seen as disturbing and scary - that he is not just politically wrong, but deeply evil - and not just humanly evil but supernaturally evil.

The literal demonization of Barack Obama is overt and unashamed on the internet. On the radio, it's more covert and circumspect, but it's there. I don't know if their intentions are purely political or whether they have darker motivations, but we already know that threats against Obama spiked when McCain/Palin was at its most inflammatory, and it would surprise me a bit if some nutburger tried to take a run at Obama thinking he was the son of Satan. I also think that the increasing lack of responsibility on right wing radio and the increasingly hyperbolic villification of Barack Obama could easily be contributing factors. These guys know they're yelling fire.
With that said....."What do we REALLY know about Obama!?"

:p

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Ahhh...poor Baracky cant handle a question from one of Fox's blondes?

ooooooOoOOOOO!!! can we start calling him "Whacky Baracky???"

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Yet people still tune into Fox News. Apparently their strategies for creating entertainment are successful.

MaxisOne

May 14, 2004
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: jpeyton
cock sucking Obama's dick
Obama is getting a BJ
Is something on your mind baby?

Yes, people getting laid off.. Out of everything, i wrote in the previous message.. Including how I felt that more lay offs were coming, why did you only focus on Obama and his ever admiring media horde? There is more to politics than just gloating that your "pick" won...

may you have none of your family and friends get laid off due to the bad economics policy of your messiah... but I doubt it.... stop drinking the koolaid and think...

The Kool-Aid has made you delusional.

yes, tell me when the kool-aid has gone away... what I see now are people losing their jobs and people's 401k going in the gutter... but then I must be delusional..

Who is President?

Bloody Brilliance !!!!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
Proof with commentary to show how ridiculous Fox News is...
Wait, so we are back to this again? She wasnt calling it a terrorist fist jab, she was stating the different names people had given that hand gesture. One of which happened to be someone calling it some sort of "terrorist secret hand shake". That is what she was referring to and she has already tried to explain that many times. Oh well.

What are you a retard? She was clearly giving it air time for a reason. "terrorist secret handshake" lol. It's like when I was in 6th grade and said some totally stupid shit and came back with the most off the wall reasoning as to why. Corbett i hope thats your wife because I see no other reason to try and defend that shit.
Exactly. Notice she never said who the "people" were who said "terrorist fist job". Old trick to get an idea out there without having to take credit. Knowing there are enough idiots out there who wil assiciate Obama with terrorist.

So are you saying Hill was not trying to associate Obama with terrorist, pulleeeze!

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
Proof with commentary to show how ridiculous Fox News is...

What are you a retard? She was clearly giving it air time for a reason. "terrorist secret handshake" lol. It's like when I was in 6th grade and said some totally stupid shit and came back with the most off the wall reasoning as to why. Corbett i hope thats your wife because I see no other reason to try and defend that shit.
Exactly. Notice she never said who the "people" were who said "terrorist fist job". Old trick to get an idea out there without having to take credit. Knowing there are enough idiots out there who wil assiciate Obama with terrorist.

So are you saying Hill was not trying to associate Obama with terrorist, pulleeeze!

Okay, I completely disagree. Now stop holding the other thread title hostage and change it already.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...=2241725&enterthread=y

Feb 6, 2007

I admit I'm no expert in gesticular nomenclature, so I did a quick Google search, and I can't find any instance of a single person using the phrase "terrorist fist jab" before June 6, 2008.