Who are your ideal candidates for 2012?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Jindal, lol. I can already imagine the "he's a Muslim" and "he's a terrorist" and "he wasn't born in the US" claims.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Jindal, lol. I can already imagine the "he's a Muslim" and "he's a terrorist" and "he wasn't born in the US" claims.

it would be damn near epic for one candidate to get blasted as both a muslim extremist and a radical christian in the same race :p

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
The GOP isn't putting M. Night Jindal anywhere near the top of their ticket, regardless of how Republican or Catholic he is.

*Unless* they want a sacrificial lamb for 2012. Then he's perfect. But I'd expect GOP turnout to be even lower in 2012 than it was in 2008 if that happens.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
And don't count out Palin either, 4 years is a LONG LONG time and she can easily fix her perception issues.

No, she can't, because they aren't perception issues.

Howard Dean had a 'perception issue', over his enthusiastic speech. She has real issues.

If she did what you suggest, it not be a victory for fixing a perception issue, it would be a victory for lies and propaganda hiding her issues, creating a phony perception of her.
[/quote]

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
If Palin does run, unless Obama fucks up in Bush type proportions he would win by a land slide. And it's doubtful anyone could match what Bush did in office. Obama wins re-election regardless who runs against him, the US is sick of Republicans and even 4 bad Democratic years won't erase our memories of what Bush did. Obama has it made.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Still way to early but I just want a real fiscal conservative to emerge. I want some one who will fight earmarks and wasteful spending. Some one who can balance the budget with the current revenue. It is time we get someone in the whitehouse who will get the out of control spending under control.

jeffw2767602

Banned
Aug 22, 2007
Originally posted by: quest55720
Still way to early but I just want a real fiscal conservative to emerge. I want some one who will fight earmarks and wasteful spending. Some one who can balance the budget with the current revenue. It is time we get someone in the whitehouse who will get the out of control spending under control.

+1 for you

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
I have to admit I'm not familiar with all of Arnold's policies but I do like that he is a moderate Republican and does take a stand against his party at times. Like a McCain without all the military/neocon/social conservative crap. Seems good to me on the surface.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Ok, the second black president of the US will be Lee L. Mercer Jr.

Mr. Mercer will CRUSH Obama in the next election. The grassroots movement is abuzz about Mr. Mercer. He will solve the problem of "Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease".

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Schwarzenegger will win landslide victory after Obama is proven non-natural born and they amend the constitution to allow it. Ok.... so it's a long shot, but I'll go with it : )

AreaCode7O7

Mar 6, 2005
Originally posted by: sandorski
OMG Prophecy fulfilled :Q

Yeah, there's that whole "planful/thoughtful" thing about this democratic republic. Too bad more people don't do it... walking into the polls same day without knowing who you're voting for? I DEFINITELY feel good about our ability to choose the best world leaders when we have that type of study and forethought! ;)