White House preparing draft national emergency order and identified $7B for wall

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You asked what my opinion is asshat.

You're entitled to your own opinion. Just not your own reality.

We need to recognize that the situation won't improve until things improve south of the border. That's just the way it is. That's why I like this-

If anyone actually wants to resolve the border issue they'd propose:

1) Ending the drug war
2) Re-implementing a vast guest worker program for Mexico/Central America
3) Drastically increasing economic and security assistance to Mexico/Central America while pressuring their Govs to reform
4) Fully legalizing the people already here as the minimal recognition of reality

Instead we're stuck talking about a crazy expensive wall that for all its utility might as well be made from literal bullshit.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You're entitled to your own opinion. Just not your own reality.

We need to recognize that the situation won't improve until things improve south of the border. That's just the way it is. That's why I like this-
We're all entitled to our own opinion. Just not our own reality.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
What a lot of people are missing about this is that much of the money Donny Dollhands wants to take to build his Precious wall was earmarked for projects that would put people to work in states that are suffering economically. For example, in Ohio $112 million was earmarked for construction projects at five military installations. Ohio has been taking an economic beating for decades and could use the jobs (that Hair Furor promised were coming).

It's just another Republican plan to steal from those who need it and giving it to those who don't, in this case from the military to make Don the Con and his base happy.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
You'll notice all of those 'records' are for 'families' because the actual number of monthly arrests is DRASTICALLY lower than in the past. Like, a very small fraction.

There simply isn't a crisis at the border other than one of our own making. This is common sense.

If you did some due diligence you would find that the demographics of immigrants from the south has drastically shifted from Mexican males illegally crossing the border to get jobs and send money back to their families in Mexico to Central American males increasingly bringing children across the border for asylum. The drug smugglers are bringing the CA folks across the border on buses in remote locations to overwhelm the CBP so they can create a diversion to move drugs across at another border location. Check out my posts in the thread where the Guatemalan girl died. Don’t be blinded by the left/right, Trump wall crap.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If you did some due diligence you would find that the demographics of immigrants from the south has drastically shifted from Mexican males illegally crossing the border to get jobs and send money back to their families in Mexico to Central American males increasingly bringing children across the border for asylum. The drug smugglers are bringing the CA folks across the border on buses in remote locations to overwhelm the CBP so they can create a diversion to move drugs across at another border location. Check out my posts in the thread where the Guatemalan girl died. Don’t be blinded by the left/right, Trump wall crap.

Nice conspiracy theory there.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You must be smoking whatever Trump smokes in private.....wow -- let me guess -- your also a 9/11 conspiracy person....lol

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's a crisis! We need to give the President emergency powers! He alone can save us!

Fucking Jar Jar..

Reactions: darkswordsman17

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You must be smoking whatever Trump smokes in private.....wow -- let me guess -- your also a 9/11 conspiracy person....lol
Personal attacks is all you've got? How about post some links that refute what he said?

NVM. You can't.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It's a crisis! We need to give the President emergency powers! He alone can save us!

Fucking Jar Jar..
Personal attacks is all you've got? How about post some links that refute what he said?

NVM. You can't.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

NVM. You can't.
We both know there are links that support both views...
My point basically is we have a commander in chief who is a liar and that alone makes anything he claims to be questionable......
It`s a sad day when most everything the POTUS says can be proved wrong by just fact checking!!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
We both know there are links that support both views...
My point basically is we have a commander in chief who is a liar and that alone makes anything he claims to be questionable......
It`s a sad day when most everything the POTUS says can be proved wrong by just fact checking!!
Way to sidetrack the convo.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It's not a personal attack when it's true. And why do I need to post any links to refute baseless fearmongering? The burden of proof lies on the one making the assertion not on those refuting it.
Ok you're a lying douche. Not a personal attack. Just the truth.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Ok you're a lying douche. Not a personal attack. Just the truth.
What exactly did I lie about? That Lanyap made an assertion without any proof? That the purpose of his baseless assertion is to convince us to be afraid enough to want to give the President emergency powers? Or that all that resembles a character in a certain movie? Which of that is untrue?

Reactions: darkswordsman17

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
What exactly did I lie about? That Lanyap made an assertion without any proof? That the purpose of his baseless assertion is to convince us to be afraid enough to want to give the President emergency powers? Or that all that resembles a character in a certain movie? Which of that is untrue?

You apparently dont know ther rules around here. When making personal attacks no facts are needed. Theyre just assumed.

Oh and POTUS powers are pretty well laid out when calling an emergency, no?