White House Closed for public Tours. Open for private tax payer paid parties

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
2rhac14.jpg

\who could it be now?

lmao

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
let see
50 million in poverty
20% of children in poverty
48% increase in food stamps
48 million on food stamps
14 million on disability
20 million under 18 on food stamps
90 million fewer Americans in the labor force
but he is throwing parties and going on million dollar vacations on our dime

DOES ANYBODY SEE A PROBLEM??

take away food stamps
take away welfare
take away free lunches
take away section 8
take away obama phones
take away disability

what would we have? soup lines.

but you obama cock suckers keep saying he is doing great! wtf is wrong with you?

Apr 27, 2012
let see
50 million in poverty
14 million on disability

take away food stamps
take away welfare
take away free lunches
take away section 8
take away obama phones
take away disability

but you obama cock suckers keep saying he is doing great! wtf is wrong with you?

One of the best posts in this thread. Thats all they are and all they ever will be, Just a bunch of morons.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
let see
50 million in poverty
14 million on disability

take away food stamps
take away welfare
take away free lunches
take away section 8
take away obama phones
take away disability

It used to be Congress that gets to vote on and pass on to the President what they purport to be law.... So... my vote is Congress is the problem. Obama has hardly been able to enact a thing... except what the Congress has determined to be OK from their perspective.

I'm all for getting all that oil from Iraq and using it to offset the numbers in your list. We can't go back and get the trillions we spent to enable the villagers in Iraq to present us with flowers...

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
It is a crying shame that Obama cut off the people's ability to access their own home

bahahahaha. I can see the 2016 campaign slogans now. "Don't vote for the party that wouldn't let us in our own home."

You guys are really reaching.

Last edited:

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
Yeah, actually, it was.

This entire issue is a mountain made out of a molehill. PBS has a show that involves a show being put on a few times a year, and this is one of them. You had this explained repeatedly, and you ignored all of it, and then demonstrated your profound ignorance by insisting that a PBS show wasn't a PBS show because it was produced by the WDC local PBS station. The PBS budget and WH budgets are separate, as has also been explained to you.

You're either deliberately not getting this because you want to bask in the outrage-du-jour about Obama, or you're simply not very bright.

And you've convinced yourself that this has anything to do with PBS. Seems like it's you who's deliberately not getting this.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
If you don't like the sequester, you should go after the Republicans that caused it by holding the debt ceiling hostage.. period...

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
If you don't like the sequester, you should go after the Republicans that caused it by holding the debt ceiling hostage.. period...

I love the sequester. I also love the fact that Obama and the Democrats are fucking up so badly on their public relations. The idea that tours of the White House are ended, but Barry and Michelle are partying down with the Hollywood elite and entertainment fat cats while telling the little people to go eat cake and go fuck themselves.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
And you're ducking the point. Is it like the limbo, where the lower you go, the better?

I am not ducking the point. I don't want to argue what you call the point because to me it does not exist. It is all small potatoes. There is nothing to argue about here that I want to engage in. But in an effort to make that as clear as I can I will do what I can to explain.

sixone: Except the outrage isn't ONLY for the small potatoes. It's every bit as much for the larger context as it is for this specific event. It's not only about a private party, but also about the hypocrisy and the profligacy exemplified by this one instance.

M: There is no profligacy or hypocrisy here. I do not consider the issues you have to be real. So you are experiencing outrage over nothing, in my opinion. But because your outrage is real you believe it must have a real reason. So the outrage predates the so called reasons and manufactures them.

s: It wasn't the crack pots on the right who refused to discuss facts in this thread. I asked for them repeatedly, and was met with insults. If I am right and that feels like an insult then you will be insulted here by this truth, no?

M: But the facts you see for me do not exist so nobody was refusing to discuss them.

s: I do agree that my behavior IS politically dangerous for those who disagree.

M: I don't feel a threat from disagreeing because I disagree I feel a threat because I know where conservative blindness will lead, climate denial, for example.

s: Yes, we are. Except there's only one alien being, and it's the dehumanization mentality. When you refuse to consider things from other points of view, with understanding, compassion, and empathy, you are denying them their most basic humanity.

M: None of this is real. I believe you completely misrepresent your condition. Conservatives can't be reached by anything and so much so I won't further try to explain this.

s: History is filled with those who are infamous for enslaving and murdering those who were seen as less than human. One would hope that the 21st century has brought us out of that mentality.

M: It always comes down to this, the irrational fear that somebody will take control of you because conservatives are authoritarian. Conservatives imprison themselves in a bubble and worry about somebody putting them in chains. They are already in them.

s: Instead, the most powerful man in the world is judged by the color of his skin, rather than the content of his character.

M: By whom?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
let see
50 million in poverty
14 million on disability

I see a problem.
It looks like the US is actually worse off then most 3rd world countries
I predict later today someone here will tell me today that the US is the greatest country in the world though

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
And you've convinced yourself that this has anything to do with PBS.

When a thread is started about a concert that's part of a series PBS has been putting on for 35 years, I tend to think that it has something to do with PBS.

I'm just funny that way.

Apr 27, 2012
Why am I not surprised obama wants the people to make cuts yet he gets a taxpayer funded party? Any respect I had for him and his supporters has been lost. Bunch of pieces of shit.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
And the american people don't see why their politicians don't want to cut anything... They get angry when you cut one thing but not another. It doesn't matter what the cut is people get angry. What I find funny is that the "republicans'" in this thread are so angry over this. Yet these are the across the board cuts they were looking for.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Why am I not surprised obama wants the people to make cuts yet he gets a taxpayer funded party? Any respect I had for him and his supporters has been lost. Bunch of pieces of shit.

I used to think you might be the dumbest person on the internet. I can safely take "think" out of that statement now.

Sep 7, 2009
These excuses for our Dear Leader are hilarious...

Let's recap...

It's ok to have multi million dollar exotic luxury vacations to remote places because........ bush used to work from camp david. And congress gave him leeway to spend some money, so he's gotta spend it all.

It's ok to have personal house parties with pop/rap superstars at the white house, purely for his personal and business benefit, all on the taxpayer dime, all while CLOSING the white house to all public access because..... the republicans wanted to spend less money.

The excuses you make for our Dear Leader truly show how biased and brainwashed some of you are. He is quite literally rubbing his shit in your face, and all you can do is cry about how republicans wanted to spend less money to help the deficit? ROFL......

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
These excuses for our Dear Leader are hilarious...

Let's recap...

It's ok to have multi million dollar exotic luxury vacations to remote places because........ bush used to work from camp david. And congress gave him leeway to spend some money, so he's gotta spend it all.

It's ok to have personal house parties with pop/rap superstars at the white house, purely for his personal and business benefit, all on the taxpayer dime, all while CLOSING the white house to all public access because..... the republicans wanted to spend less money.

The excuses you make for our Dear Leader truly show how biased and brainwashed some of you are. He is quite literally rubbing his shit in your face, and all you can do is cry about how republicans wanted to spend less money to help the deficit? ROFL......

My favorite part is that despite basically all of these points being thoroughly debunked, you continue to foam and rage against Obama all while declaring everyone else brainwashed.

That's kind of fantastic, I won't lie. You've really brought a smile to my face.