White football player sexually assaults disabled black team-mate, avoids jail sentence

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
DIETRICH, Idaho -- A white former football player at Dietrich High School who admitted to kicking a coat hanger into the rectum of his black, disabled teammate will avoid prison, thanks to a plea agreement between his defense attorney and the Idaho Attorney General's Office.

John R.K. Howard, 19, pleaded guilty Friday to felony injury to a child. The charge was amended from felony penetration with a foreign object, which would have required him to register as a sex offender.

Deputy Attorney General Casey Hemmer said in court that he did not believe the assault constituted a sex crime.

"It was egregious behavior. It caused this victim a lot of suffering," he said. "But it is not, in our view, a sex crime, which is why the state has amended this charge. We don't believe it is appropriate for Mr. Howard to suffer the consequences of a sex offender, but he still needs to be held accountable, and that's how we've arrived at where we're at today."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ktvb...uspect-gets-plea-deal-avoids-prison/375477675

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ball-coat-hanger-rape-teammate-john-rk-howard

Where is the outrage? Where are the demands for the judge to throw the book at him? Why wasn't he charged with a hate crime? I'd love it if the people inciting outrage over the Chicago kidnapping brought their attention to this case. When the tables are turned and it's a white person committing the hate crime, are they going to speak out?

Last edited:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Was there a video or audio that they actually did it, or is it hearsay? Did they admit it?

If there's any actual evidence, and/or they admitted to it, it should be a hate crime and they should spend some time behind bars. I'm guessing there's a lack of outrage because there's no easily sharable Facebook video, to you know, visually spark outrage.

If these guys actually have evidence against them, they ought to just send them to prison and let prison meet out some justice to them...nothing could be as effective at letting them learn not to do something like that again. Lawdy now I beez racist against Whitey...

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Haven't you heard? The only racism left is the reverse kind, and hate crime is now only black on white, not the other way around.

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
It's in the article. He sodomized his disabled team-mate with a coat-hanger while chanting slurs, plead guilty to a lesser felony of "injuring a child" in court and was sentenced to probation.

The judge didn't sentence him to any prison time.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
It's in the article. He sodomized his disabled team-mate with a coat-hanger while chanting slurs, plead guilty to a lesser felony of "injuring a child" in court and was sentenced to probation.

The judge didn't sentence him to any prison time.

I read the article. I didn't ask what he plead, I asked if there was actually any evidence. I'm assuming there was at least something given he plead, but as we know, people plead out all the time because the risk of going away for the full duration of the full offense is so bad. It's something we really need to change in the justice system, plea's. Either the state believes they have a case or they don't. If they do, they should charge the person and take them to court. No plea BS. Either I'm guilty in a court of law of the crime you said I did or I'm not. This plea shit is just a way for the system to keep crossing off its check boxes, keep those salaries going, keep the workload pushing through the system, and not actually making the system do what its supposed to represent in the first place. It's like public education, just, the justice system.

Last edited:

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
I'm not sure what sort of evidence the prosecutor had, it's not mentioned in the article. I don't have an informed opinion of plea bargains myself, but I think they can be useful under certain conditions.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Well, comparing outrage on this vs the latest joke a society example via Facebook video we have now, I'm going to be a lot more outrage seeing a video of 4 people abusing someone than reading about alleged abuses that don't have any evidence detailed out. So you'd probably have the answer to your OP.

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
Got it, no jail time for felony injury of a child = no outrage. Makes perfect sense in your world.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
WTF. Did you miss the part where I said if there was actual evidence (you know, like a Facebook video of idiots videoing themselves committing a crime) I was all for them being tried as hate crime? That they ought to spend some time in prison enjoying some prison justice?

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
WTF. Did you miss the part where I said if there was actual evidence (you know, like a Facebook video of idiots videoing themselves committing a crime) I was all for them being tried as hate crime? That they ought to spend some time in prison enjoying some prison justice?

Seems like you only have a superficial understanding of what constitutes evidence in criminal cases. There doesn't need to be a video recording in order for a person to be convicted of a crime.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
This is probably as much a football phenomenon as anything. iirc there was some black college football guy that raped a white girl a few years back, something you might think would get him thrown in the pen for a long while any place in the country, and he only was suspended. My would-be high school had football players raping other football players as well, no criminal convictions, although I'd imagine they were all white based on local demographics (rapists and victims were left anonymous). Football is a sport for violent, over-sexualized thugs to play pretend leader of the tribe, coached by the sage rapists and pedophiles to perpetuate their customs through future generations. The football player in the OP's story should be sodomized to death, but the USA is far from having a fair court system. This is also why I wait until the full story comes out before casting judgment on school shooters. There is no such thing as self-defense in schools, they're basically places where you either keep your head down, get raped, or rape your peers.

EDIT: Posted before I clicked the link, assumed it was an under-18 high school rapist. Glad to see his face and name are public, hopefully someone with a real understanding of justice will take care of things.

EDIT #2: nvm, he's just 19 now. Still. And apparently the two accomplices received no charges at all? No wait, one is still under trial, can't find info about another yet.

Definitely sickening.

EDIT #3: Triple-K WTF. They sung Moonman lyrics while raping him? 4chan is now inspiring rapists.

Last edited:

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
This is probably as much a football phenomenon as anything. iirc there was some black college football guy that raped a white girl a few years back, something you might think would get him thrown in the pen for a long while any place in the country, and he only was suspended. My would-be high school had football players raping other football players as well, no criminal convictions, although I'd imagine they were all white based on local demographics (rapists and victims were left anonymous). Football is a sport for violent, over-sexualized thugs to play pretend leader of the tribe, coached by the sage rapists and pedophiles to perpetuate their customs through future generations. The football player in the OP's story should be sodomized to death, but the USA is far from having a fair court system. This is also why I wait until the full story comes out before casting judgment on school shooters. There is no such thing as self-defense in schools, they're basically places where you either keep your head down, get raped, or rape your peers.

EDIT: Posted before I clicked the link, assumed it was an under-18 high school rapist. Glad to see his face and name are public, hopefully someone with a real understanding of justice will take care of things.

EDIT #2: nvm, he's just 19 now. Still. And apparently the two accomplices received no charges at all? No wait, one is still under trial, can't find info about another yet.

Definitely sickening.
Sounds like Romney and his friends holding down a gay student and cutting his hair. All sorts of hijinks happen at schools when you have guys who think they're macho and entitled.

Corporations are people, my friend, but I'm not.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Was there a video or audio that they actually did it, or is it hearsay? Did they admit it?

If there's any actual evidence, and/or they admitted to it, it should be a hate crime and they should spend some time behind bars. I'm guessing there's a lack of outrage because there's no easily sharable Facebook video, to you know, visually spark outrage.

If these guys actually have evidence against them, they ought to just send them to prison and let prison meet out some justice to them...nothing could be as effective at letting them learn not to do something like that again. Lawdy now I beez racist against Whitey...

Odd that the resident klansman pretends evidence ever matters to his verdict on such cases, when even moderate conservatives are busy apologizing for his sort.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Seems like you only have a superficial understanding of what constitutes evidence in criminal cases. There doesn't need to be a video recording in order for a person to be convicted of a crime.

Yes, I know there doesn't need to be a video recording for a person to be convicted of a crime. That's what I'm asking, is there actual evidence on these guys or is it all hearsay and plea deals? There's a coat hanger. OK, that could have DNA evidence on it. Does it? Does it implicate these 3 dudes? Did the confess? Were there other witnesses?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Yes, I know there doesn't need to be a video recording for a person to be convicted of a crime. That's what I'm asking, is there actual evidence on these guys or is it all hearsay and plea deals? There's a coat hanger. OK, that could have DNA evidence on it. Does it? Does it implicate these 3 dudes? Did the confess? Were there other witnesses?

Did you read the story? He took a plea deal, i.e. confessed, and there was video showing that the rapists entered and exited with the victim fitting the time and place the crime took place.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Odd that the resident klansman pretends evidence ever matters to his verdict on such cases, when even moderate conservatives are busy apologizing for his sort.

Well, I'm not wearing my white robes right now, they're in the wash. Just wait for this weekend though, it's coat hangers for all my neighbors lol. Another AgentFail...good times...good times... :D

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Did you read the story? He took a plea deal, i.e. confessed, and there was video showing that the rapists entered and exited with the victim fitting the time and place the crime took place.

Yeah, I read it. I even clicked on an earlier related story from the same site. No where do they talk about the actual evidence.

jana519

Jul 12, 2014

How the hell should I know what DNA the coat hanger had on it? I just know that there was criminalizing evidence such that he made a plea deal with the county prosecutor. Did he get a fair sentence for his crime? Did he serve any jail time? Nope!

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
The heterosexual male obsession with putting erroneous items up men's rear ends never ceases to amaze me. Just today I read yet another gay-baiting comment in a tech subforum — a typical drop the soap joke (from the same guy who made two irrelevant Elton John references prior). Anyone familiar with the actual working of that particular act would know that unless the guy is already well broken in (which strongly suggests he goes for it in the first place) it's going to take quite a lot of trouble to get anywhere, especially in that extremely awkward position. That isn't sex nor is it basic rape. It would involve a brutal ripping open, hardly something that should be considered amusing. I thought this crass attitude (celebrations of extreme dehumanization) wasn't something found in northern Europe and instead is a factor in the USA due to us leading the world in per capita incarceration but I guess I was wrong.

There always seems to be something like a broom handle or something else being shoved up guys to prove the manhood of the shover and the watchers.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Well, I'm not wearing my white robes right now, they're in the wash. Just wait for this weekend though, it's coat hangers for all my neighbors lol. Another AgentFail...good times...good times... :D

I agree making it that much harder for conservatives to pretend they're not with your sort is good times.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
How the hell should I know what DNA the coat hanger had on it? I just know that there was criminalizing evidence such that he made a plea deal with the county prosecutor. Did he get a fair sentence for his crime? Did he serve any jail time? Nope!

That's the thing, no where does this say there was even that extent of evidence. On the other hand, we have a Facebook video from the...upstanding individuals...that directly implicates them.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I agree making it that much harder for conservatives to pretend they're not with your sort is good times.

LOL that was weak "agent", you can do much better than that. Come on, Billy Bob is laughing at you, can't you muster up something more entertaining?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
LOL that was weak "agent", you can do much better than that. Come on, Billy Bob is laughing at you, can't you muster up something more entertaining?

I'll need more material to work with like your opinion of that black player, or black people in general and what should be done about them. Use the dog whistle if need be.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I'll need more material to work with like your opinion of that black player, or black people in general and what should be done about them. Use the dog whistle if need be.

I have no opinion of the black player, why would I? Black people in general? What topic about Blacks in general would you need me to talk about? In what context? Have you got the Mods to OK this yet? You seem insistent I describe this...it's like you're plan is transparently backfiring here. Embarrassing for you? Yes. Entertaining for us? Yes. As always, Billy Bob continues to laugh... :D

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
That's the thing, no where does this say there was even that extent of evidence. On the other hand, we have a Facebook video from the...upstanding individuals...that directly implicates them.

I was wrong about the OP having specific mention of evidence, but the "ringleader" admitted guilt, which should be enough.

Here's one article that briefly mentions the camera and many eyewitnesses that testified:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/state/idaho/article104466831.html

From what I can find, the county doesn't want the court documents to be released publicly. What a surprise.