Which SSD brand do you trust?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

infoiltrator

Feb 9, 2011
At sale prices usually 120-128 GB makes the most sense.
Bigger SSDs run faster last longer.
Got the Kingston HyperX 120 at $60 than a Samsung 830 ar $70.
The samsung even at $90-100 is worthwhile.

Avoid the Crucial M4 64 GB, slow and short lived (comparably).
Caching does not make a lot of sense at today's sale pricing.

johny12

Sep 18, 2012
only 2 threads and both those threads involve a hard drives. They hold important data so wouldn't you want to know whats best?

I've never had an SSD so If I am going to get one I want to know what is good.

I read around an many people complain about certain brand or Sandforce or driver. I don't know about this stuff so I need your expertise.

sandforce have had bsod issues. I think those issues are fixed long ago.I have been using an intel drive with sandforce controller for some time now, my issues were fixed after the firmware update. I am not having any BSOD problems now

Shephard

Nov 3, 2012
well I have not decided on a drive yet.

Crucial M4, Plextor something, or Intel 330. 120gb. maybe whatever the best price is during the Black Friday.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Cause im constantly flipping parts on ebay and building and selling PCs often for not much profit just for the fun of it.

Call me crazy, i just like screwing around.

I do the same exact thing. Don't ask me either. :p You can ask Termie and Spinejam instead.

videoclone

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2003
I'd go Samsung, Plextor, Intel, then Crucial.

Most reliable rock solid drive on the market at the moment is the Samsung 830
Most unreliable, possibly faulty drive on the market at the moment is the Samsung 840

:) Funny inst it.

Shephard

Nov 3, 2012
ok Samsung is reliable.

Is this a good deal though?

Intel 330 Series Maple Crest SSDSC2CT180A3K5 2.5" 180GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$99 ?