Which game have you played the most non-stop?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
I remember when Freelancer came out started early evening on a Friday night and played until sometime the next morning around 10 am slept briefly woke up and continued until similar time Sunday morning then played some more. It helped that I played with about 8-10 of my gaming friends in the same house.

Last edited:

Lorne

Feb 5, 2001
Diablo 2.
Mechworrior & Ghost Bear.
Mechworrior2
Homeworld & 2
Halflife
Diablo 1.
Unreal.

C=64 days
Jetset Willy
Gianna Sisters
Pandimonium
Pool of radiance1 & 2
Syndicate

I used to have hrs of runtime on Star Craft and Homeworld2 just setting up the AI's and watching them kick the crap out of eachother (This shite fascinates me)

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Diablo2 or WoW. Diablo2 was over many years, but I think I logged more consecutive hours in a shorter period with WoW, since it relies more heavily on group participation. Diablo2 allowed for more food and sleep breaks, since runs were relatively short.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
The worst would be WoW for sure. On the launch of MoP I played something like 14 hours straight. My back and eyes were killing me but that didnt stop me from doing it again the very next day.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
C&C Tib Sun & Generals
Team Fortress Classic

15 hour marathons were common, and that is a long time for me. I like to do funny things like sleep, shower, eat etc. Then come back fresh for a new round.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Those that said like 70 hours, you're saying you played the game for 70 hours... straight?

For me I don't recall which I played the longest straight. Probably Quakeworld or Diablo II, and I'd say maybe 12 hours?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Either Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas, probably seven or eight hours at the longest stretch. When I got out of college the only available home video game was Pong, not something anyone would play for long stretches. I did do some marathon pen & paper RPGs like D&D & Dark Conspiracy right after college.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
UT2003 i think i sat in a chair in a lanfest for 32 hours b4 i crashed on a 48hour marathon.
My little brother made it to the 48 hour mark... and got a free GPU... i forget what it was... i ended up getting a free hard drive..

This was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when they were doing stuff like lets see how long we can keep people in there seats with only 10 min bathroom breaks.... :p

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Diablo. Made a crappy BNC LAN back in the day to run this with friends. Eventually upped it to a 10mbit hub network.

Our sessions were somewhere around 30-40 hours long. Only breaks were bathroom and food.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
probably everygame i liked...

League of legends... with a friend at home ...we played for hours and hours
Heroes of Might and Magic 3... the "one more turn and ill leave" effect
Warlocks... its like CIV, but hey, i like fantasy beasts :p
WoW
Unreal Tournament 2004.... damn i played that game online soooooooo much
Warcraft 3

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
WoW, some time during the end of vanilla all the way until the end of BC.

The record was somewhere between 10-12 hours. I could picture me coming home around 2pm on a Friday and played straight until 1 or 2am.

Grey!matter

Feb 5, 2011
vanilla wow(day and half on launch)
every expac for wow i've done the level grind in pretty much one sitting
hon was like 16 hours
I dont even want to think about d2/lod

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
Everquest hell level 35. I spent over 24 hours non stop at PAW trying to get out of level 35.

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
I'm talking non-stop without sleep, nap, going out for a break, whatever. How many hours?

When I was in college, I played some of the Gold Box D&D games for about 16-18 hours non-stop. If I knew I didn't have to work the next day, I'd start about 8pm (after my classes) and would stop around 12-1pm the next day.

Wish I could do that now, but this 43-year old body won't let me. :(

RTCW:Enemy Territory.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Everquest hell level 35. I spent over 24 hours non stop at PAW trying to get out of level 35.

I'd forgotten about 35, since they changed how that worked later.

I forget what I did for it, but it might have been gnolls out in a forest area, not in paw.

Or the basement of highkeep.

EXP gold at times, slow from crowding. Rooms used to argue over wandering spawns.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
The longest non-stop session has to be quakeworld, sometime around 1998 or 1999. There were several times I played 18 - 20 hour sessions of QW.

Next would probably be team fortress classic, diablo II and now I am working on left 4 dead 2.

Yup, quakeworld at a lan party years ago. I think we played Friday morning until Saturday noonish before we stopped to take naps. We continued on until Sunday afternoon once we woke up. Those were the days.