Discussion Which COVID-19 vaccine did you get?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

COVID Vaccine

• Moderna

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 55 45.5%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • AstraZeneca

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Not eligible yet

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • QAnon/Bill Gates' nanobots conspiracy option

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Just got the 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Both myself and my wife got the shot. Got the vaccination at a mass vaccination center that was run by the county. Was able to sign-up online and us a App on my phone to complete everything. Was surprisingly efficient for a government run operation. So far I am feeling fine but the wife isn't feeling well today and feels sick. Was able to do both my weight workout and cardio workout today without issue.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Just got the 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Both myself and my wife got the shot. Got the vaccination at a mass vaccination center that was run by the county. Was able to sign-up online and us a App on my phone to complete everything. Was surprisingly efficient for a government run operation. So far I am feeling fine but the wife isn't feeling well today and feels sick. Was able to do both my weight workout and cardio workout today without issue.

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday too. Felt fine yesterday - barely sore. Today is a different story with my stomach being a mess and just generally feeling lethargic.

No real way to tell whether it's the shot though. We've been eating really healthy the past few months (I've lost 20 lbs) and this weekend we had the kids' birthdays with junk food galore. So it's either the shot or the shock to my body from the crap food.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday too. Felt fine yesterday - barely sore. Today is a different story with my stomach being a mess and just generally feeling lethargic.

No real way to tell whether it's the shot though. We've been eating really healthy the past few months (I've lost 20 lbs) and this weekend we had the kids' birthdays with junk food galore. So it's either the shot or the shock to my body from the crap food.
my tum tum feels like cum cum. back to throne to relieve myself.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Moderna 2 has ripped my head off and fucked the neck hole.

Got the shot at noon yesterday--from a sadist. PA dude jabbed too close to the bone and injected slow, holding it there for more than 10 seconds, to prevent backfill. I think he was trained in Russia, as he was bitter and angry, didn't want any chit chat. First guy was a delightful elderly pulmonologist working the shift, seemed very happy to be there and you know, quite a bit proud. He knew what he was doing.

felt a little lightheaded soon after (like, 20 minutes after walking out of the injection site and back to the lab), but lightheadedness is sorta my resting state, so I couldn't really attribute that to the shot immediately. Felt a tad "overcooked" for the rest of the day. By 8pm last night, it was like full-on flu: whole head ache, whole body aches, fever, crazy body chills. very little sleep w/ fever dreams. Injection sight and arm was immobile. Feel like shit all day today. Took 2 Aleve last night and 2 ibuprofen this morning. Maybe it helped...dunno.

I'm sure many have had it worse, but I'm just not used to getting sick...from anything, really, and I've never had an adverse reaction to anything injected into my person or swallowed.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Got the shot at noon yesterday--from a sadist. PA dude jabbed too close to the bone and injected slow, holding it there for more than 10 seconds, to prevent backfill. I think he was trained in Russia, as he was bitter and angry, didn't want any chit chat. First guy was a delightful elderly pulmonologist working the shift, seemed very happy to be there and you know, quite a bit proud. He knew what he was doing.

felt a little lightheaded soon after (like, 20 minutes after walking out of the injection site and back to the lab), but lightheadedness is sorta my resting state, so I couldn't really attribute that to the shot immediately. Felt a tad "overcooked" for the rest of the day. By 8pm last night, it was like full-on flu: whole head ache, whole body aches, fever, crazy body chills. very little sleep w/ fever dreams. Injection sight and arm was immobile. Feel like shit all day today. Took 2 Aleve last night and 2 ibuprofen this morning. Maybe it helped...dunno.

I'm sure many have had it worse, but I'm just not used to getting sick...from anything, really, and I've never had an adverse reaction to anything injected into my person or swallowed.

Sorry to hear that ... the tech who did my shot #2 was a bit ham-handed but sounds like you got a real butcher!

:p

A couple suggestions... 1st try taking 1g Tylenol for the symptoms I got much more relief than I did from Naproxen/Ibuprofen for this not sure why.

Second drink a LOT of water ... more than you normally would and stick with food that's easy to digest for a week or so.

5fd6b9787812b.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sorry to hear that ... the tech who did my shot #2 was a bit ham-handed but sounds like you got a real butcher!

:p

A couple suggestions... 1st try taking 1g Tylenol for the symptoms I got much more relief than I did from Naproxen/Ibuprofen for this not sure why.

Second drink a LOT of water ... more than you normally would and stick with food that's easy to digest for a week or so.

thinking of chasing that with 1g of OG Continental, or whatever this strain is that I have.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
thinking of chasing that with 1g of OG Continental, or whatever this strain is that I have.

I found the sativa-RSO I had on hand helped quite a bit ... coughing seemed to irritate my stomach more than usual so I didn't want to smoke.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I found the sativa-RSO I had on hand helped quite a bit ... coughing seemed to irritate my stomach more than usual so I didn't want to smoke.

I got my vaporizor, but things have been sketching me out a bit because there could be some issues with the type of filament the use, regardless of what you put in them (whether liquid, wax, flower).

....I have a wax vaporizor too. I have no desire to ever do that again. Bought it only because of one time when that is what a friend had available, so I spent money on a fricking wax vaporizor. That stuff freaked me out. Plus, I don't like the idea of inhaling that wax which melts at RT. freaky stuff.

speaking of, anyone want a free wax vaporizor? I don't want this thing anymore.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I got my vaporizor, but things have been sketching me out a bit because there could be some issues with the type of filament the use, regardless of what you put in them (whether liquid, wax, flower).

....I have a wax vaporizor too. I have no desire to ever do that again. Bought it only because of one time when that is what a friend had available, so I spent money on a fricking wax vaporizor. That stuff freaked me out. Plus, I don't like the idea of inhaling that wax which melts at RT. freaky stuff.

speaking of, anyone want a free wax vaporizor? I don't want this thing anymore.

RSO (Rick Simpson oil) can be vaped but it won't taste very good and that's not its intended use.

Key thing which makes RSO different is that it doesn't require heat to release the THC it contains ... you can just eat it.

It is however very sticky so I suggest capsules. :cool:

(I would take you up on the free vape btw but it would be impossible to ship a used device across state lines legally far as I know)

Feb 4, 2009

Yeah Moderna one made me sore but not so bad
Moderna two kicked my ass for 24 hours. Sore & tired next day. I probably slept 18 hours that day.
Next day I was fine.
I agree occasionally I feel sort of sore after a flu vaccination but never so sore I couldn’t do anything.

Regardless I have zero regrets getting moderna.

Reactions: zinfamous

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
4chanpartyvan.jpg

Thanks but I'll pass on that particular "party" !!! :p

Have to wait for the feds to catch up in the area of weed unfortunately.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

As you were walking away you should have told him to come back to your lab and let you give him one of your shots.

Had my Moderna #2 yesterday afternoon. Arm is not as painful as #1. Been nauseated most of the day and feel washed out. I planned to do a bunch of stuff around the house today but it was a no go.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

Whisky + weed is what you need.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Second Pfizer dose yesterday, almost 24 hours and no side effects from either dose. Does this mean my immune system is as lazy as I am?

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
We hit our 2-week 'full immunity' window this last week. Went to a fine-dining establishment over the weekend -- first time eating in a restaurant in over a year :O Felt strange...but liberating all the same.

Don't expect that will be a frequent occurrence for some time, especially since the pediatric trials are still ongoing.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Weirdly they gave me Pfizer instead even though I swore it said Moderna.

That is kinda weird ... I had heard of a study to see if it was effective mixing Pfizer & Moderna but nothing about it having been approved?

Really I see no logical reason it wouldn't work since Moderna essentially is making the Pfizer vaccine under contract and actual differences are very minor.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
We hit our 2-week 'full immunity' window this last week. Went to a fine-dining establishment over the weekend -- first time eating in a restaurant in over a year :O Felt strange...but liberating all the same.

Don't expect that will be a frequent occurrence for some time, especially since the pediatric trials are still ongoing.

My 2 weeks is today right about now! :)

Last side effects (low energy levels) were completely gone over the weekend and am feeling fine at this point.

I'm also feeling a lot more confident about doing stuff like grocery shopping etc but aside from essential stuff I won't be making any major changes short-term.

I am going up to Maine next weekend to visit my daughter (yay!) but we'll be doing mainly outdoor stuff.

Reactions: JM Aggie08