Where did you meet your significant other?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
I might have met her in Vegas.

As for how long... well I said "might" above because I'm not sure she's my sig-o yet. ;)

Dec 27, 2001
We met atop a mountain in the southern Alps in Italy. We both climbed up opposite sides and just happened to reach the summitt at the same time. And the Sun was setting at just that same moment. And after the Sun set there was a meteor shower.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
I'm a pianist, and a symphony in the area hired me to perform a couple pieces with them. I stayed after a rehearsal one night to talk to the conductor about something, and so did one of the oboists. We've been together a few months.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Of all the dumbass places to meet a spouse, I met mine at a frat party. I wasn't even in a frat, I just knew some of the brothers and was there for the free beer. My wife got dragged to the party because her roommate was dating one of the brothers. She and I were kinda eyeing each other and I finally just walked up and said hello. We've been together ever since (this was Apr 6, 1990). :D

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I got a gig operating The Plant in Little Shop Of Horrors. She worked on the stage crew. That was just about 1 year ago. Hard to believe!

Tinkerhell

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2003
Me and oniq met in High School about 5-6 years ago. We were good friends for about 2-3 years. Then one day I asked him how he'd feel if I said I wanted him. Well, he liked the idea and we started getting closer and closer. And finally we officially became a couple and have been together for more than 2 years. I've never been happier! :)

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
When I meet her, I'll let you know.

ZV
Thread title: "OMFG!! I had teh sex0rz last night!!"

:p
I would like to think that I would consider her to be a significant other before marriage as well. :p

ZV

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
My grandma ran a small daycare. I met him when I was an infant and he was a toddler. 34 years ago (maybe a few months longer.)

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
College dorm. You know how that works. People living close together get together in some way... 2+ years now.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: oniq
Originally posted by: AvesPKS
Originally posted by: oniq
Originally posted by: AvesPKS
Online, about 19 months ago.

My friend met a "girl" online, turns out it was a guy.. "her" name isn't April is it?

Dammit! That's the third time this has happened. I should have caught on when "she" said "she" was a supermodel and we couldn't see each other because she was on a photo shoot. :|

LOL. Its hilarious the sh!t my friend DID believe. "She" got him a brand new Mustang but it was totalled being brought over by truck. :\

Are you kidding? He never suspected? :confused:

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I was on a break @ work & we started talking about 7 years ago. We were both involved & I had a live in @ the time & asked her out anyway (very unlike me) she said something like "fvck no" when she realized I had a live in (I couldn't lie to her even back then).

I had a pretty spectacular motorcycle accident & was off from work 6 weeks, healing up, broke up with live in & asked wife out via work e-mail when I returned to work (big no-no where we work).

"Broke left arm, seven ribs, & collapsed left lung, and am single now, do you want to go out?"

She said yes, dumped the guy she's been meaning to break up with & we dated for 1 year, engaged for 1 year married ~5 years now.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
She was the little sister of one of my friends in high school.
I met her when I was 17 and she was 15 (shhhh).
We started going out about a year later and got married when she was 21 and I was 23.
We've been married for 9 years now and have our fourth child due in about 8 weeks.