Where are the damn Fermi reviews already!?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Seriously where the heck are they? This shit is getting annoying. This wait is far to long and everyday pushes me more and more towards buying a 5850 or 5870(depending on cash flow).

minor language edit - confine profanities to the social forums please. -DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
The sad state of affairs in PC gaming has me thinking I'm never going to have to buy another video card ever again.

Diablo 3 and Star Craft 2, probably the end.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Seriously where the fuck are they? This shit is getting annoying. This wait is far to long and everyday pushes me more and more towards buying a 5850 or 5870(depending on cash flow).

Nvidia probably doesn't want to release too much information, or they may kill their current high end sales as people will want to wait for Fermi... of course I don't know how they can still really have much in the way of high end sales, who on earth would by a GTX285 for $370 when you can get a 5850 for $70 less that is faster, uses less power, and gives you DX11. And, for only $25 more than the GTX285 you could get a 5870...

But, the fact that Nvidia hasn't allowed benches to be leaked yet makes me think that Fermi's launch is still a little ways off. If the launch was right around the corner I'd think they'd want to get the benches out to try and get some potential AMD customers to hold off and buy Fermi.

Just my thoughts, just speculation on my part.

Last edited:

eklock2000

Jan 11, 2007
Part of it is they've just been hyping this thing for so long, I feelz ur pain bfdd!

EK2K

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
Either drivers are undergoing some huge revisions, fermi is going to be a mixed bag with current gen games, or fermi desktop version 1 will be a very short run before nvidia respins/shrinks/tweaks fermi for it's updated release.

I'm O.K. with all of these and in regard to if Fermi has mixed results, as the potential is there and the few games that are using tessellation now (AvP, Stalker Pripyat...) can show that Fermi has long legs then I think Nvidia will have a great architecture to work off for the next few years.

But they need to get the product out.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
If the launch was right around the corner I'd think they'd want to get the benches out to try and get some potential AMD customers to hold off and buy Fermi.

True.

I bet we see some intresting info, like leaked pics, slides, NDA info & stuff in about 2-3 weeks, then we see benchies about 2 weeks after than, then reviews about 1 week later, then it's available retail a week after that. So, 6-7 weeks? hehe

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Trouble is, you need a real tangible product for reviews. Not just a mock up that you hold in front of thousands of hungry eyes. I do hope it comes out soon so i can make an educated purchase on it or a 58XX

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
It's going to be at least a few weeks... This isn't our first video card launch, and you know we get some leaked pics a few weeks before launch. We haven't gotten that yet, so...

Apocalypse23

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
Just buy a 5870 and be done with it. Why wait in vain? The Fermi's main line up is only the GTX 470/480, and I'm not too confident about their pricing and performance anyway. Worst come to worst you can return or sell your 5870 for a refund(within 30 days depending on your store) if you find Fermi to be a bargain.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Early March is the official release date, until then you can read the White Papers. The card has some really cool technology, interesting nonetheless.

If I was in the market for a 5870 or any $300 video card, I'd wait. A card like this is a huge investment.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
If Fermi proves to be a dud, and I'm not suggesting it will, AMD/ATI, and a good many consumers, are going to have a good laugh. nVidia better hit one out of the park this time or else. /chuckle

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
Wonder when is embargo... When I use to work for computer resellers in socal (pcclub, abspc (which coincidentally opened up newegg.com) The rep made it clear that if we leaked any info, it would seriously hurt the relationship between the companies. But I wonder if even mentioning the embargo date is a big "no-no"...

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Perhaps this is more a Candian thing, but the thing that annoys most me is that due to Fermi being so slow to come out, there's basically absolutely nothing worth buying from nV from pretty much $100 & up.

All the old 200 series card are hard to find & horribly overpriced.

Basically there's no competition other than in the low end crap cards, so AMD can charge whatever they feel like for everything they're selling.

I want an HD5850/5870, but i really want them to be cheaper, & until nV gets something out i don't see it happening. D:

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
If you've waited this long then why not let nVidia bend you over a bit harder with their BS. March 10th, April XX.... well DX11 doesn't matter as much as physx anyways right?

5870 has been out since Sept 09 and offering kickass performance with the latest tech, anyone with a desire to upgrade and any wits about them has one already and/or is not going to be waiting for more smoke and mirrors from nVidia.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I believe they are building up Stock so when they release they can actually Sell something.