Whenever the news posts about "White People With Guns" its usually scary or weird or monstrously stupid.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Too many Rambo movies, huh?

Do you know how many people have been killed in these riots lately by rioters? Are you really this dense? I wouldn't be taking my chances with a mob like that on my property and not when they are also armed. Has nothing to do with Rambo as I am not the one looking to start trouble unlike a mob breaking onto private property while armed. I think you have your personification here backwards.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If they are smart about it in court, their defense is that they were using an escalation of force that could include up to lethal force if needed to defend their property from the mob. That they stopped at where they did because they felt it stopped the mob without having to go further with their use of force.

yawn. you've been so emotional in this thread, it's tough to take you seriously.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, it doesn't have to be life in immediate danger with castle doctrine laws which Missouri has. THIS is where you and other posters keep getting it wrong. Castle Doctrine allows for use of lethal force to defend PROPERTY as well as life. Someone breaking into your house to steal your valuables, but not "harm" you can still be legally shot. Why? Because the laws for castle doctrine don't try to go into minutia bullshit of trying to define every little action in a situation for what may or may not be an imminent threat. It is obvious that someone is in a place the legally shouldn't be and knew they weren't suppose to be there. That is why castle doctrine allows for any actions by property right owners to defend their property up to and including lethal force. Brandishing or Exhibiting a firearm is a legal use of force within castle doctrine laws. Technically warning shots are also legal as well, and are easier to defend in court in cases of castle doctrine laws (much easier) than when it comes to self defense laws only. While legal though in self defense situations, it can give an to n over zealous prosecutor to inject that by firing a warning shot you didn't think it was completely life threatening in that self defense situation. Every so often, the prosecutors win that, but it isn't as often as one may think. The real problem with warning shots, is it may not discourage the person and instead encourage them to actually kill you before you can decide to fire something more than a warning shot. It just isn't worth it.

SCOTUS has already ruled the mere carrying of a firearm can't be legally deemed as a threat or brandishing. Period.

I do love how gun nuts elevate flaming assholery to a virtue. Was it right, or was it wrong? It was clearly wrong on the part of the McCloskeys. The fact that anybody would defend them makes me embarrassed to be a white person.

Reactions: Meghan54

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
yawn. you've been so emotional in this thread, it's tough to take you seriously.

You can have whatever "opinion" you want no matter how much it stinks. I just come in with the facts. Speaking of which, more updates...

Turns out the mob WAS on their property as can be seen in photos. The McCloskey's asked them to leave and they were being threatened to be killed and have their house burned down with an armed mob on their lawn. They then went in to get their guns, of which the handgun was completely inoperable in the first place. Which by law it could never fall under brandishing laws anyhow in Missouri. The DA for the state is seeking to make Kim dismiss the political charges as well. So yah, facts still hurt your feelings?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You can have whatever "opinion" you want no matter how much it stinks. I just come in with the facts. Speaking of which, more updates...

Turns out the mob WAS on their property as can be seen in photos. The McCloskey's asked them to leave and they were being threatened to be killed and have their house burned down with an armed mob on their lawn. They then went in to get their guns, of which the handgun was completely inoperable in the first place. Which by law it could never fall under brandishing laws anyhow in Missouri. The DA for the state is seeking to make Kim dismiss the political charges as well. So yah, facts still hurt your feelings?
This just in, Republican state government supports rich Republican donors!

Isn't there a black person being murdered that you'd rather be defending right now?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Man, just like I said. Very emotional. First you stated they never point a gun at anyone, then you said gun safety training widely taught an accepted was anecdotal. Those were both obvious falsehoods, or alt-facts.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Man, just like I said. Very emotional. First you stated they never point a gun at anyone, then you said gun safety training widely taught an accepted was anecdotal. Those were both obvious falsehoods, or alt-facts.

WTF you talking about? I said they were being charged with exhibiting and not brandishing in Missouri law because they weren't brandishing. Technically it is still true because to brandish the firearm under Missouri law, it has to be operable. Hence why Kim is trying to use the exhibiting. I thought it was odd when they went with that as that was the part where I came in to the discussion which was the legal side. Yep. They pointed an object that looked like a firearm at the crowd that wouldn't do anything.

I said I am all in favor of proper firearm training in school like it used to be, and always have been in favor of it. You can certainly use it. While it is a good idea in training to never point a gun at something you don't intend to have a bullet be drilled into, the law allows for legal use of brandishing or exhibiting weapons in the vast majority of states as an escalation of force to either castle doctrine defense or stand your ground self defense. My anecdote was originally when I was younger being charged and having said charges drop for something very similar to this case. Of course it wasn't a mob, nor high profile, so there was no political pressure for the prosecutor to be stupid. Justice was served properly according to the law in my case and I have no doubt it will be served here correctly. The McCloskeys are going to be walking free and clear. They will more than likely sue the shit out of the city for everything too.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
This just in, Republican state government supports rich Republican donors!

Isn't there a black person being murdered that you'd rather be defending right now?

Still racist as ever I see. Still just as stupid.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Yes, you popping up to defend white people murdering black people at every opportunity is racist.

Congrats on finally seeing it!

You popping off making racist lies all over the forums at every opportunity as always.

FYI, no one died here and most of the crowd was white dumbass. Still your racist attitude makes you want to see race in everything.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
they were being threatened to be killed and have their house burned down with an armed mob on their lawn.

That's an outright lie. There was no threat against the McCloskeys or any of the people up the road where the protesters went. No looting, no threats, no burning, no nothing. It never was about any of them. That road was just how they went to the Mayor's house. Apparently none of the neighbors reacted the same way or we'd have vids from the protesters. McCloskey is just another gun waving right wing asshole and a hero to many just like him. So, go ahead, be proud to wear it.

Reactions: Meghan54

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You popping off making racist lies all over the forums at every opportunity as always.

FYI, no one died here and most of the crowd was white dumbass. Still your racist attitude makes you want to see race in everything.
How about you tell us how white vigilantes with guns didn't outright murder a black man while jogging? Oh yeah, you already did, racist.

Keep on keepin' on.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Do you know how many people have been killed in these riots lately by rioters? Are you really this dense? I wouldn't be taking my chances with a mob like that on my property and not when they are also armed. Has nothing to do with Rambo as I am not the one looking to start trouble unlike a mob breaking onto private property while armed. I think you have your personification here backwards.

How many people have been killed in these riots lately by rioters?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
BY rioters?
Zero.

BY cops and angry white civilians?
Way too many.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
WTF you talking about? I said they were being charged with exhibiting and not brandishing in Missouri law because they weren't brandishing. Technically it is still true because to brandish the firearm under Missouri law, it has to be operable. Hence why Kim is trying to use the exhibiting. I thought it was odd when they went with that as that was the part where I came in to the discussion which was the legal side. Yep. They pointed an object that looked like a firearm at the crowd that wouldn't do anything.

I said I am all in favor of proper firearm training in school like it used to be, and always have been in favor of it. You can certainly use it. While it is a good idea in training to never point a gun at something you don't intend to have a bullet be drilled into, the law allows for legal use of brandishing or exhibiting weapons in the vast majority of states as an escalation of force to either castle doctrine defense or stand your ground self defense. My anecdote was originally when I was younger being charged and having said charges drop for something very similar to this case. Of course it wasn't a mob, nor high profile, so there was no political pressure for the prosecutor to be stupid. Justice was served properly according to the law in my case and I have no doubt it will be served here correctly. The McCloskeys are going to be walking free and clear. They will more than likely sue the shit out of the city for everything too.

You're delusional.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
BY rioters?
Zero.

BY cops and angry white civilians?
Way too many.

And this is how everyone knows you are retarded.

That was of 2 months ago.

This was more recent.

Have some sense of humanity you piece of shit.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

This was more recent.

The gun nut wants you to have some sense of humanity, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

This was more recent.

For those who are interested this is purported media bias for “disrn” the site he linked.

Overall, we rate Disrn Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favors the Christian right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional use of poor sources, questionable views on science and a failed fact check.”

They are owned by the same owner as the satirical Babylon Bee.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
For those who are interested this is purported media bias for “disrn” the site he linked.

Overall, we rate Disrn Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favors the Christian right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional use of poor sources, questionable views on science and a failed fact check.”

B...b...but they told him what he wanted to hear.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011

This was more recent.

The list has folks like David McAtee on it. You know, the guy who was shot by a National Guardsman?

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

Plenty of other sources....

Unless corpses are fake news to you? Please don't be this stupid. A listing of events reported by local news in these areas of people being killed in these riots don't have a political bent. Unlike you.