Whenever the news posts about "White People With Guns" its usually scary or weird or monstrously stupid.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Reactions: KMFJD

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
I wonder what would happen if this couple were people of color? Ponder that.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Its difficult to guess.
So far in my lifetime I cannot recall any instances of armed black protesters walking thru a white neighborhood. Or armed black homeowners stepping outside on their lawn to watch a white protest walk by.
I watched all the recent quarantine protests with armed white people and never saw any armed blacks.

Last I heard of armed black men anywhere was during the civil rights era and apparently Reagan and a number of other Republicans worked very hard to disarm them and keep them from getting new weapons.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Last I heard of armed black men anywhere was during the civil rights era and apparently Reagan and a number of other Republicans worked very hard to disarm them and keep them from getting new weapons.

Would that not be the Black Panthers? Bit later than the civil rights era?

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Its difficult to guess.
So far in my lifetime I cannot recall any instances of armed black protesters walking thru a white neighborhood. Or armed black homeowners stepping outside on their lawn to watch a white protest walk by.
I watched all the recent quarantine protests with armed white people and never saw any armed blacks.

During the protests in Virginia when the looked the capital down, there were a few pictures of some people of color there.

I am not sure that has happened either, but I would think the fear of death (from police or anyone) would make them more rational than these privileged morons who think they can threaten a group peacefully protesting and walking through their “gated” community. Like money buys you respect and a weapon means folks should cower to you. Seems they have a control problem along with liking to show how powerful they are because they have “status.” These folks are pitiful.

Reactions: Pohemi and pmv

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
We already know.

Philando Castilo (legally possessing)
John Crawford (legally buying in the store)
Tamir Rice (toy gun)

Difference is none of these folks had weapons in hand and were threatening a group around them pointing the weapon. If they were, SWAT would have been there launching an assault on their location.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And, in the article, it says Trump retweeted the video of them. I take back what I said in another thread about Trump maybe not paying attention to the Trump supporter who was shouting "white power" in the "Villages" video he retweeted. This retweet says he knew what was going on - both times.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Difference is none of these folks had weapons in hand and were threatening a group around them pointing the weapon. If they were, SWAT would have been there launching an assault on their location.

The other difference is that, despite that, all of them were shot dead by police officers.
I think the contrast in outcome with this case is a very real example of that "white privilege" we hear so much about.

Last edited:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Pretty easy to guess. When the Black Panthers exercised their right to open carry guns, then Governer Ronald Reagan made it illegal to open carry.

Oh and if they were black, the police would probably shoot them.

Nov 29, 2006
Where were the "good cops...wait...bad apple cops...ugh i dont know anymore" to shot these "fine (white) people"?

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
If they were really afraid for their lives like it says do you think they would be standing so casually outside not wearing any shoes?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
From OP's article. Sounds like they were the homeowners in the video. I wonder how the cops handled the incident. Any charges?
Did they ever get to Krewson's house? The homeowners were obviously aggressively threatening the protesters with weapons. IMO the homeowners should have called the cops and stayed inside taking videos if they were worried about what the protesters would do. According to this and other articles this gated community was on private property so the streets and sidewalks are not public. I would also like to see all of the videos capturing this whole incident. Here's a video below when the protesters went through the gate and began interacting with the homeowners.

According to an incident report provided to Business Insider by the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department, a 63-year-old white male and a 61-year-old white female at the address had called the police, saying they saw a group trying to break an iron gate that said "No Trespassing" and "Private Street."

The police did not name the couple, who were named as "victims" in the report.

"Once through the gate, the victims advised the group that they were on a private street and trespassing and told them to leave. The group began yelling obscenities and threats of harm to both victims," the statement said.

"When the victims observed multiple subjects who were armed, they then armed themselves and contacted police."

From...

Reactions: Toastedlightly

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
News video showing scary picture of woman with her finger on the pistol's trigger. One trip up in those bare feet and somebody could have been shot.

EDIT: Statement from homeowner...

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
News video showing scary picture of woman with her finger on the pistol's trigger. One trip up in those bare feet and somebody could have been shot.

EDIT: Statement from homeowner...

I have seen less frightened lizards than these two. ‘Oh, I was so afraid that people marched by my house.” LOL. I guess they will rethink things when a mayor moves into the neighborhood or a neighbor runs for office. Until this weekend I bet they bragged about living that close to the mayor.

Reactions: Aegeon

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I have seen less frightened lizards than these two. ‘Oh, I was so afraid that people marched by my house.” LOL. I guess they will rethink things when a mayor moves into the neighborhood or a neighbor runs for office. Until this weekend I bet they bragged about living that close to the mayor.

They are injury lawyers so nothing should frighten them.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'll be honest, if a bunch of people trespass onto my property and are walking towards my house, I'd probably brandish also. Of course, I wouldn't swing the fucking gun around aiming it at my wife or the people. '

Watching the video, it appears as if the protesters were trespassing and then walking down the street to go somewhere else. At that point, I certainly wouldn't brandish a firearm.

So, at best, these two need to take a firearms safety class. At worst, they may have illegally brandished firearms.

Reactions: Pohemi

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
And even that were true, it excuses unlawful brandishing, how?
And it excuses the peaceful protesters from illegally trespassing how? If they didn't then this incident would not have occurred. It is also still up to the courts to decide whether or not this couple illegally brandished weapons and broke the law.
In America we let the justice system decide who is innocent and who is guilty NOT mob mentality or the court of public opinion.
See how that works?;)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And it excuses the peaceful protesters from illegally trespassing how? If they didn't then this incident would not have occurred. It is also still up to the courts to decide whether or not this couple illegally brandished weapons and broke the law.
In America we let the justice system decide who is innocent and who is guilty NOT mob mentality.
See how that works?;)

I see that it works by you making shit up. No where did I try to excuse the protesters with an implied false '2 wrongs make a right' illogic like you and Brandon did here. In fact, my comment was quite specifically targeted against such an argument. But it's not a surprise that you would try to project your error on me.

And BTW, here in America, we let peaceful protesters protest peacefully, even when we disagree with them. While refusing to allow that exercise of free speech through violence or intimidation, as this brandishing couple did here, is the actual mob mentality.

Edit: BTW, I think it's funny that you're so concerned about letting the justice system decide if the couple brandishing weapons at unarmed protesters is guilty or not, while you've already convicted the protesters of trespassing in your head. All while warning me of a mob mentality. Just fucking hilarious except for the fact that this glaring hypocrisy is absolutely typical of Trumpers.

Last edited:

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
In America we let the justice system decide who is innocent and who is guilty NOT mob mentality or the court of public opinion.
See how that works?;)

It does not. BTW, the road they were on was not “private” property. Nothing on the gate stated so. They had more options than just brandishing their weapons and screaming at people. They could have called the authorities. This is not a protesting issue, it’s a white privilege issue.

I have to admit though, that is one fugly house. I have seen more stylish courthouses.