• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

What's your main rig's CPU history?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002
Assimilator1

Yes a new account. Forgot password for old account, and it was also on a old e-mail.
It says your account was created in 2014, that sounds like an old account.

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Starting to get WAY off topic here, but this was a famous game back in 1982 on the COCO.

I just found this and just got it running now on windows 10 PC. I have what I think is an original 8k ROM cartridge that the game fit on (8/16ish bit 6809 cpu that had to do all sound, graphics, and keyboard input at like .9 mgz) and COCO still that it first came on. Dungeons of Daggorath. Tons of great games back then, but this is one of my favorites from the 1980 era.

My friend group all played this and believe it or not it is still intense to me. So simple... I recommend it, though now it takes 41.53 MB? Only 5,069.58 times the original 8K (8,192 byte) cartridge to run on modern day 64 bit cpu and bloated OS?! We have come so far. Seems to run well though. The variable real time heart beat and the game being in real time input and all typing keyboard input still makes it great, IMO :)

I am trying to get back into modern gaming, but I don't seem to like first person stuff? All the FP shooters / exploring does nothing really.

I found a few boxes of old computer mags, and if I get some time next weekend I will take some pics and share. This thread and the wife's demands of getting rid of stuff (everything but the computer stuff! though she does not know that will remain yet...) has got me thinking again. Oh, I loved OS9 back in the day! GUI, multi-tasking, and moveable windows! Just found a box of manuals and single sided 150k 5 1/4 floppies. Hope the are not dead...

Reactions: Assimilator1

ASK THE COMMUNITY