What's your job?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
I am a graduate student in mechanical engineering with a focus in robotics. This summer I am designing curriculum for a new undergrad electronics class for mechanical engineers for next spring semester. I was an EE undergrad, so I'm putting together a lightweight version of some of my labs. Starting in the fall I'll be doing underwater robotics research.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
I deliver pizzas. Easy money until the job market around here changes or I can save up enough to move.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
i work in the most-loved department of a major southern technical institute.

parking.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
"Look, I already told you! I deal with the goddamn customers so the software people don't have to! I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! What the hell is wrong with you people?!?"

::sigh:: That's more true to life than I wish it was. I'm the tech support guy slash webmaster for my company.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Publix office staff.

Answer the phone...supervise the front end of the store..override registers..count money/tills, make deposits at the end of the day, etc.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
POS
PBX
Data Cabling
Servers
Hardware
Software
Admin duties
Equipment Purchasing
And so on and so forth....

25 corporate users and over 30 remote locations in 6 states.

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003
Shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is 'Roger the Shrubber'. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.

oh wait...that's from the movie...<shaking head in confusion>

i'm a network admin for Earth Satellite Corp, a satellite imagery and analysis company.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: MegaloManiaK
Soap-- I make, and I sell Soap. The yardstick of civilization.

Tyler, you by far are the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met. :D

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Encryptic

Tyler, you by far are the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met. :D

Ohh, I get it, It's very clever. How's that working out for you?

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
Industrial Engineer for Intel. Basically, I'm in charge of layout and equipment at our warehouses, docks, and distribution centers in the US. My sites include everything from California to Massachusetts. Also do capacity planning for warehouse space and headcount.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I work here. I watch computers their network. I usually read this forum half the day. On a good week, I say I work 15-20 hours, and get paid for 40.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: brunswickite
Originally posted by: Encryptic

Ohh, I get it, It's very clever. How's that working out for you?
What?

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Intern for the Nevada Department of Transporation. I get to analyze any of the bills that come out during the legislative sessions that apply to roads or transportation, as well as research and "data synthesis" i.e. translating incomprehensible crap into english. A lot of stuff with Excel/spreadsheets. I also make the guys in the office laugh a lot. I should post some of the horoscopes I write in my idle time.

Oh yes, usually I don't have nearly this much time to do non-work stuff, but the Nevada Legislature is in a sort of limbo situation because of budget approval problems (you've probably seen it on the news) and most of the reports have been completed for this year. My posting frequency may drop off suddenly as things pick up again.

thraxes

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2000
Media Broadcast Enginering Student mainly
Studio Engineers Assistant at the biggest TV broadcaster in europe on the weekends and summer/spring breaks -A most excellent job that is alot of fun and pays well-