Whats your fave Tequila

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis
ill have to go with Cabo Wabo

with Trantula in a close second

had 15 shots of trantula last friday. that was a good night

Cabo Wabo is lovely.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
None. Tequila is the debil.

Edit: Cuervo 1800 is not so bad sometimes, though...

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Roger
I had to vote "other" because you forgot Mescal.

To begin with, we should distinguish between mezcal and tequila. Mezcal is made by distilling the fermented juice of agave plants in Mexico. (The agave plant is part of the Agavacaea family.) No matter what kind of tequila you have, it is mezcal. Mezcal made from the blue agave plant ("Agave Tequilana Weber, blue") and produced in specifically designated geographic areas, principally the Jalisco province and bordering states in west-central Mexico, is allowed by the mexican government to be called tequila. (Those areas are: Jalisco, Nayarit, Tamaulipas, Michocan, and Guanajunto.) The agave spirit that only qualifies as mezcal is typically (though not always) less expensive and stronger in flavor.

It sounds like while all tequila is mezcal, not all mezcal is tequila.

I remember me and my friends drank a bottle of Dos Gusanos Mezcal. Oh my god that was nasty crap.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I can't say this loudly enough HERRADURA!!!!!

Cheaper than Patron, and Sauza tres hombres, but I think the gold is better. $42/fifth. No lemon needed.

Tequila is my drink of choice.