What's the Worst Thing You've Ever Done?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I punched a nerdy kid in the back of the head in high school when he was trying to run away from me after making some snide remark towards me.

Was actually pretty comical, he turned to run away after realizing I had herd what he said under his breath and I just jabbed him right in the back of his head, his head popped down and his face went up and this squeaky nerd scream came out of him.

Everyone stopped dead in their tracks to see the commotion.

I kind of felt bad after that and was even somewhat nice to him also.

I was never the bully type but for some reason he really annoyed the crap out of me until I couldn't take it anymore.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: jjsole
Dropped a golf ball out a window, near the top floor of a very very very very tall building, onto to the somewhat busy street/sidewalk below.

Fortunately no ambulances ensued, altho I never forget how lucky I didn't deserve to be.

Terminal velocity. I'm sure it would have hurt if it landed square on someones head, but probably nothing more then a headache.

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
Originally posted by: compman25
Sold meth to a lady and her husband, they were friends of my roommate and I had never met them before. They asked if I cared if they did it there, said nope, let's party. So then we get talking and the lady tells me she's 3 months pregnant. At the time it didn't bother me, but I have thought about it alot since then. I wonder just how screwed up that kid is now(15 years later).

so....wanna do some meth..?

Not anymore. Well, yes, if it was legal.

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: eLiu
Sold meth to a lady and her husband, they were friends of my roommate and I had never met them before. They asked if I cared if they did it there, said nope, let's party. So then we get talking and the lady tells me she's 3 months pregnant. At the time it didn't bother me, but I have thought about it alot since then. I wonder just how screwed up that kid is now(15 years later).

That kid is probably much like the retard in yankeesfan's story. Good job there :p

Edit: but with parents like that, maybe the child is better off being retarded/not knowing any better.

With the amount of time that has passed (15yrs) I often wonder after reading so many of the dumbass posts on here if that person isn't posting on here.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: TallBill
Dropped a golf ball out a window, near the top floor of a very very very very tall building, onto to the somewhat busy street/sidewalk below.

Fortunately no ambulances ensued, altho I never forget how lucky I didn't deserve to be.

Terminal velocity. I'm sure it would have hurt if it landed square on someones head, but probably nothing more then a headache.

A penny would have killed someone from there.

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001

pretty certain that's impossible.

the golf ball, in just the right circumstances maybe, but I'd say it's a low risk.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

No it wouldn't

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
I know we had a classic thread for this way back when...but since the archives got deleted and the thread was erased it's time to do it again...

For me, I've done some pretty rotten things, but this is the one I feel worst about:

A few years ago, I had a friend Chris who was trying to set me up with some girl he knew, for some reason. So me, him, and this girl are going to head to the movies. He picks me up, then we drive over to the girls house to get her. The girl walks out of her house and my jaw hits the floor....she's like 5 5 220, horrible acne, stringy looking hair. She gets in the car and starts smoking a cigarette until my friend asks her to do that outside.

So the girl has to get money from an ATM so we drive about 1/4 mile to the nearest one. While she's inside I start asking my friend WTF he was thinking, and he says
"sorry, I had never met her before I only knew her online...what do you want to do?"
to which I replied "Go."
Him: "Go?"
Me: "Yes. Put your fscking car in drive and hit the gas."
Him: "While she's in there?"
Me: "YES. GO GO GO GO she's coming out! GOOO!!"
Him: "Ah shit..fine..." *screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

As I looked in the rear view mirror I saw the girl with a bewildered look on her face. My friend would later tell her I was "at a crossroads in life" or some other excuse. I didn't enjoy the movie we saw either. I was too worried about if the girl made it the 1/4 mile back home safely. I still feel bad about that to this day.

:laugh: you sure have a way with the ladies, Assipter

I really haven't done anything terrible. Stupid? Oh yeah, but nothing that makes me cringe when I think about it.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: yoda291

pretty certain that's impossible.

the golf ball, in just the right circumstances maybe, but I'd say it's a low risk.

yep. otherwise you'd hear of people getting killed in hailstorms. a pen, on the other hand, can kill you.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

No it wouldn't

20/20 Myth: Dropping A Penny From A Tall Building Is Deadly

MotionMan

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006

Mythbusters have spoken, and it just ain't so.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Growing up, one of my neighbors was a licensed day care provider. One day, one of the toddlers she tended got a black eye. My neighbor claimed she didn't know how it happened, that perhaps she had an accident on the swing set. The toddler's mother went ape-shit and got the cops involved. So the next day a detective shows up at our house and questions us all. I, being the wannabe hero, make up a story that implicates the neighborhood troublemaker. I even take a ride in the detective's car to show him where this kid lives. I'm not sure that anything ever came of it, but it still makes me feel like shit when I think about it.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
you guys have done some terrible things... i will post if i remember any, if at all.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
When I was like 6 or maybe 7 I had a neighbor about the same age. He was pretty dumb, and EVERYONE in the neighborhood used to pick on him. One day I saw he had a model duck decoy in his yard. Apparently his dad used it for hunting. It was a real nice decoy. So I saw him in his yard one day, went over, picked the duck up and started walking off. He started crying and screaming about how it was his dad's and he'd be in huge trouble if it disappeared, but I took it anyway and put it in my clubhouse. I still feel bad about it to this day. I never really picked on this kid, but instead of being a friend towards him I just added to his misery. I felt terrible as soon as I did it. I brought the duck back several days later, and I might've even apologized, but man I still feel like shit when I think of that.

I sometimes think of trying to find him just so I can apologize.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
When I was in college our wing in the dorm was the gaming wing. We all knew each other, so I guess you could say we were all friends. Well, after I moved out I started working at the local EB Games. One of my coworkers was the girlfriend of one of the guys that lived in my wing. Things happened, time passed and I ended up sleeping with her.

I hate myself so much for that. I cannot believe that I ever did that to him. He never hit me for it, and he really should have because I'm such a piece of shit.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
hmmm

I signed a court order that removes any parental rights that my fiancee (possibly ex-fiancee, I haven't heard from her since new years day) has to our baby daughter forever, to prevent her parents from trying to get custody of my daughter and take her to England.

I know that if Michelle was in a "normal" state she would be absolutely crushed.

I did the right thing for my daughter but I will live with the guilt of what I've done for the rest of my life.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001

His name is JLGatsby

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Dropped a cinder block from the window of a 4 story dormitory at college. Have no idea WTH we were thinking, IIRC we wanted to see how it would "sound" when it crashed to the sidewalk. Window was just up and to the right of the entrance to the building. Next day when we were more sober, thought about what could have happened had someone been walking in or out of the building at the same time. Thinking back on it now, 12 years later, I could almost cut one my my arms off and deck myself with it.

Another time, same dorm... Ordered a pizza to be delivered... Waited in the bushes for pizza guy to show up, when he went inside to deliver our pizza to a dorm room that didnt exist, stole 4 pies out of his car... Hid back in the bushes until he came back out. When he went to put the pie back in, he realized what had happened and almost started to cry, presumably because it was coming out of his pocket. Then he proceeded to ask two black guys that were walking away from the parking lot if they stole his pizza. Sad.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: MotionMan
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

No it wouldn't

20/20 Myth: Dropping A Penny From A Tall Building Is Deadly

MotionMan

Thank you for that proof...the puppet almost killer her lover dropping a penny from the empire state building in the play, and the old guy almost died (from exhaustion) trying to catch a penny dropped from a balloon. :p

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
hmmm a few things i feel badly about

I used to torment this kid in jr high he was exteremely annoying. I would torment him, leave him alone, but he was prideful and would always come back for more or try to fit in that one sly remark. So we would put him in lockers and tie him up in the soccer ball bag. The worst was we were in gym playing basketball and I had a baseball bat. I decided to hit the basketball with the bat and see how far it could go. It went flying all the way across the gym and it just so happened that it hit this kid in the back of the head and his glasses went flyinnnnnngg and his face planted into the ground, that was pretty bad and there was a broken nose too.

Then there are some shamefult hings I do which I dont even want to talk about!

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Well one more but these are friends of my that did this. They met some girl over one of those live links phone services when they were 17 or so. The girl told them she was pretty thin blah blah so they ended up going over her house. When they showed up and went inside her and her friend were there and they were pretty huge. Well they went into panick mode and wanted to get out of there. Her and her friend go upstairs to her room for a minute and for some reason my friends rob the girls house. They take like the tv and the stereo and run for the car and take off to never return.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: jandrews
Well one more but these are friends of my that did this. They met some girl over one of those live links phone services when they were 17 or so. The girl told them she was pretty thin blah blah so they ended up going over her house. When they showed up and went inside her and her friend were there and they were pretty huge. Well they went into panick mode and wanted to get out of there. Her and her friend go upstairs to her room for a minute and for some reason my friends rob the girls house. They take like the tv and the stereo and run for the car and take off to never return.

That's what the fatties get!

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
I joined the Navy at 17.
The recruiter said "Oh we give you college money", "great training", "free healthcare"
3 months after joining we declared war.
ugh

I came up with a few new words for my recruiter that day.