What's the Worst Thing You've Ever Done?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Modelworks
I joined the Navy at 17.
The recruiter said "Oh we give you college money", "great training", "free healthcare"
3 months after joining we declared war.
ugh

I came up with a few new words for my recruiter that day.

you must be pretty old, the USA hasn't declared war in over 60 years

cheezy321

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2003
In high school, there was this very nerdy / borderline retarded kid that was in all of my classes. His name was TJ and he was very annoying to most of us in our classes. He was obsessed with dinosaurs and Star Wars and always talked about T-Rex?s or Darth Vader. Anyways, my locker was located right next to this kid, so I would always see him in between classes. Being the troublemaker I am, I eventually find out his locker combination and this is where the fun begins. In all of my classes, I would have a girl write out a love note dictated by me (so it had good girly handwriting). These love notes went on for about 2 months, and then one day I decided to push it up a level. I went to our school bookstore and ordered a couple of balloons so I could stuff his locker with them. While I was putting the balloons into his locker, he comes up behind me looking irate. His face was bright red, and then he began to try and choke me. He was a small, weak kid so I brushed him off pretty easy, but it was a pretty funny scene.
Later that week, I got called up to the principals office and was given a referral. I think that was the only time I ever got in trouble from the principal.

scrawnypaleguy

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2005
When I was in middle school a group of kids used to pick on me when I was walking home from school. Nothing physical, just verbal insults and threats and the like. I returned their insults, and said some choice words about one guy's mother. He got really mad and threatened me more, but didn't do anything. They had said the same things to me, so I didn't really care.

Later I found out that his mother was dead.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Scouzer
Originally posted by: Modelworks
I joined the Navy at 17.
The recruiter said "Oh we give you college money", "great training", "free healthcare"
3 months after joining we declared war.
ugh

I came up with a few new words for my recruiter that day.

you must be pretty old, the USA hasn't declared war in over 60 years

Call it what you want, all I know is people were shooting and I was ducking.
I never want to return to panama.

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
When I was a teenager, my mom had coffee cans filled with quarters in her closet. I would steal quarters from that and spend them at the arcades. That was back in the '80s when arcades were cool...........I guess.

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Stumps

I signed a court order that removes any parental rights that my fiancee (possibly ex-fiancee, I haven't heard from her since new years day) has to our baby daughter forever, to prevent her parents from trying to get custody of my daughter and take her to England.

I know that if Michelle was in a "normal" state she would be absolutely crushed.

I did the right thing for my daughter but I will live with the guilt of what I've done for the rest of my life.

Thats sort of a sad story.:( I really hope things are working out for you.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Probably the worst thing I did was when I was like 10 or 11 I told my friend her mom was a bitch. It wasn't even that I thought she was, just that we were outside playing and her mom would start hollering from like two houses over for her to come home from dinner. I was just mad that she had to go home and couldn't play anymore. Anyway, I think she told her mom or her dad because one day I went over to see if she could come out to play and her dad went off on me. I felt so bad and deserved every bit of it. They were really nice people. Her pops used to take me with them when they went to Mets games. Wish I wasn't such a little jerk.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: K1052
OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

:laugh:!!!!!!

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: scrawnypaleguy
When I was in middle school a group of kids used to pick on me when I was walking home from school. Nothing physical, just verbal insults and threats and the like. I returned their insults, and said some choice words about one guy's mother. He got really mad and threatened me more, but didn't do anything. They had said the same things to me, so I didn't really care.

NICE! When people ripped on me, I'd always fire back with things about their parents, in the hopes that I would encounter a situation like that. Alas, it never happened.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Not really "evil", but funny, albeit in a disgusting sort of way...

Many years ago, it must've been in the fall of 1990, I was traveling from Germany to Slovenia by train... the train was pretty packed, and there were people standing or sitting on their suitcases in the corridors, because there were no seats available for them inside the compartments.

Shortly before reaching one of the borders, I went to the toilet at the end of my train car... and I saw that someone, for some obscure reason that still escapes me to this day (maybe fear of customs??? East-European folks were pretty spooked by authority figures in those days) had left a sealed (i.e. still in plastic) box of chocolate icecream under the sink. Now, before you say anything to the contrary, I'm pretty sure it was chocolate icecream - when I unsealed the plastic cover and opened the lid, it smelled like chocolate ice cream, there was no mistake about it. I remember it was a quite expensive brand, too; I think it was Nestlé... No, I didn't taste it - I don't eat other people's leftovers, thank you very much!

Being a nasty, quick-witted person, I plotted a way to extract some fun of the situation. So I opened the icecream box - it was already melted and quasi-liquid - and generously poured it over the toilet, on the floor around it, splashed it on the wall etc.... last but not least, I made sure I also left some marks as if someone had repeatedly tried to wipe their fingers on the wall and window, then made some nice footprints on the floor. It seemed disgustingly real. You can probably get the mental picture, if you're as twisted as I am :p

After making a general mess of that toilet, I creeped out of there and positioned myself outside, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible and watch the people's reaction as they visited that place of horror.

The first victim was an old woman... she opened the door, walked in, then came back out immediately, muttering some words I couldn't hear and shaking her head. She left without much of a reaction, and I felt kind of disappointed...

The next guy seemed quite in a hurry to use the facilities, so he stormed inside, and slammed the door... half a second later, there was this scream of "ISTENEM!!!" followed by a flood of Hungarian cusswords coming through the locked door... he came out, holding his nose and looking rather nauseous, and ran out of that train car, probably looking for another toilet... I was laughing with tears in my eyes, especially when i realized that there was a cruel psychological trick added to the mix - as you can imagine, there was no bad smell in that room, it actually smelled like chocolate, but if you go to the toilet totally unaware that you're the subject of a sick joke, and you see a mass of brown matter spread all over the place, all you can think of is "explosive diarrhea" - and your mind supplies the expected accompanying smell!

I watched a few other people go in there - and coming out immediately, in various states of shock and disgust - but apart from increasing my vocabulary of bad words in Czech, Romanian and Hungarian, they didn't give me as much satisfaction as my second victim. I left the lookout about 40 minutes later - it was almost dawn, and I was pretty tired. I only wish I had a camera to film the entire gag.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
I know we had a classic thread for this way back when...but since the archives got deleted and the thread was erased it's time to do it again...

For me, I've done some pretty rotten things, but this is the one I feel worst about:

A few years ago, I had a friend Chris who was trying to set me up with some girl he knew, for some reason. So me, him, and this girl are going to head to the movies. He picks me up, then we drive over to the girls house to get her. The girl walks out of her house and my jaw hits the floor....she's like 5 5 220, horrible acne, stringy looking hair. She gets in the car and starts smoking a cigarette until my friend asks her to do that outside.

So the girl has to get money from an ATM so we drive about 1/4 mile to the nearest one. While she's inside I start asking my friend WTF he was thinking, and he says
"sorry, I had never met her before I only knew her online...what do you want to do?"
to which I replied "Go."
Him: "Go?"
Me: "Yes. Put your fscking car in drive and hit the gas."
Him: "While she's in there?"
Me: "YES. GO GO GO GO she's coming out! GOOO!!"
Him: "Ah shit..fine..." *screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

As I looked in the rear view mirror I saw the girl with a bewildered look on her face. My friend would later tell her I was "at a crossroads in life" or some other excuse. I didn't enjoy the movie we saw either. I was too worried about if the girl made it the 1/4 mile back home safely. I still feel bad about that to this day.

you are one of the bangbros?

trOver

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: AnitaPeterson

Many years ago, it must've been in the fall of 1990, I was traveling from Germany to Slovenia by train... the train was pretty packed, and there were people standing or sitting on their suitcases in the corridors, because there were no seats available for them inside the compartments.

Shortly before reaching one of the borders, I went to the toilet at the end of my train car... and I saw that someone, for some obscure reason that still escapes me to this day (maybe fear of customs??? East-European folks were pretty spooked by authority figures in those days) had left a sealed (i.e. still in plastic) box of chocolate icecream under the sink. Now, before you say anything to the contrary, I'm pretty sure it was chocolate icecream - when I unsealed the plastic cover and opened the lid, it smelled like chocolate ice cream, there was no mistake about it. I remember it was a quite expensive brand, too; I think it was Nestlé... No, I didn't taste it - I don't eat other people's leftovers, thank you very much!

Being a nasty, quick-witted person, I plotted a way to extract some fun of the situation. So I opened the icecream box - it was already melted and quasi-liquid - and generously poured it over the toilet, on the floor around it, splashed it on the wall etc.... last but not least, I made sure I also left some marks as if someone had repeatedly tried to wipe their fingers on the wall and window, then made some nice footprints on the floor. It seemed disgustingly real. You can probably get the mental picture, if you're as twisted as I am :p

After making a general mess of that toilet, I creeped out of there and positioned myself outside, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible and watch the people's reaction as they visited that place of horror.

The first victim was an old woman... she opened the door, walked in, then came back out immediately, muttering some words I couldn't hear and shaking her head. She left without much of a reaction, and I felt kind of disappointed...

The next guy seemed quite in a hurry to use the facilities, so he stormed inside, and slammed the door... half a second later, there was this scream of "ISTENEM!!!" followed by a flood of Hungarian cusswords coming through the locked door... he came out, holding his nose and looking rather nauseous, and ran out of that train car, probably looking for another toilet... I was laughing with tears in my eyes, especially when i realized that there was a cruel psychological trick added to the mix - as you can imagine, there was no bad smell in that room, it actually smelled like chocolate, but if you go to the toilet totally unaware that you're the subject of a sick joke, and you see a mass of brown matter spread all over the place, all you can think of is "explosive diarrhea" - and your mind supplies the expected accompanying smell!

I watched a few other people go in there - and coming out immediately, in various states of shock and disgust - but apart from increasing my vocabulary of bad words in Czech, Romanian and Hungarian, they didn't give me as much satisfaction as my second victim. I left the lookout about 40 minutes later - it was almost dawn, and I was pretty tired. I only wish I had a camera to film the entire gag.

brilliant!

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
When I was about 12 a buddy and myself were out riding out dirtbikes and we pulled over at a creek to check it out. While there I pissed in my empty Mt. Dew 20 ounce and asked my friend if it tasted funny, he took a big drink and threw up.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005

i am at work and i can't stop laughing!

JakwoW

Aug 7, 2007
I've got lots. One of them would be the time a friend and I lit a trashcan on fire at school. We just tossed in a couple of matches and started walking off. Pretty soon there was a plume of smoke and a lot of upset teachers running around. Anyway, I snuck away to go clean up the mess in my shorts.

Within days, some girl was in the process of lighting a fire in the girls room (I guess we started a trend.) Well, she got caught, and we let her take the blame for our fire too. I kinda felt bad about that.

And then there was the girl who was in love with me . . . I took her virginity and then took her sister to prom the next weekend. I really think that screwed sister #1 up. I still feel really bad about it. We were all good friends at one point. If I had played my cards right, I might not be single right now. Stupid.

Laminator

Jan 31, 2007
Originally posted by: scrawnypaleguy

Serves them right. If his mother is dead, he shouldn't have been making comments about your mother. What a moron.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
In middle school, I used to have this special ed side kick that used to cling on to me because he thought I was cool. I could get this kid to do whatever I wanted, because he was always trying to impress me.

There was another nerdy kid that used to always keep to himself. He's the type that had his socks pulled up to his knees, and didnt talk to anyone. One day after gym class while everyone was in the gym waiting for the bell to ring, I see this kid sitting at the top of the bleachers just sort of staring into space. I tell my special ed side kick that this kid had just called him a name, which was a lie of course, so he went up to confront him. Special Ed kid was just dogging nerdy kid, and nerdy kid was staring towards the ceiling, blank faced and probably just praying for that bell to hurry up and ring. After about 5 minutes, probably the longest 5 minutes in nerdy kids life, I dare special ed kid to punch nerdy kid in the face...and he did. I then saw a single tear stream down nerdy kids face while he continues to stare blank faced towards the ceiling. I felt so bad I cried myself to sleep that night. I apologized to nerdy kid the next day, but no apology is good enough. The sight of that one tear streaming down his face while he sat in terror, trying to pretend we werent there, haunts me to this day.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
jeez... seems like some of you guys were really b--tards when you were younger... I hope you've become better human beings in the meantime...

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Ah well may as well add some more things for whatever reason

I had a friend when I was 10 or 11 or so, we were good friends hung out a lot etc (he later killed himself but thats for a later day). We liked to cause trouble mild stealing and causing some havok here and there. Anyway, we ran into this kid down at the park. I didnt even know this kid he was just some 10 year old kid maybe our grade maybe a year behind that was just riding his bike around. My friend told me we were going to mess with him a bit. So my friend goes up to him and asks where his money is and why he hasnt paid him back yet. Of course the kid had no idea what he was talking about it. He continued to push him and push him into the baseball fields backdrop fence and the kid was like no no i dont have any money i dont know what you're talking about. Then we both punched him in the stomach for no reason and I cant remember if my friend punched him in the face and just left him there. Later the cops came to his house and I always felt really bad about it.

Hmmm lets see there are other stories of course but maybe later

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
jeez... seems like some of you guys were really b--tards when you were younger... I hope you've become better human beings in the meantime...

The better of us feel bad for the things we did in our past. I know I do, and I wasnt really that bad.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
In middle school, I used to have this special ed side kick that used to cling on to me because he thought I was cool. I could get this kid to do whatever I wanted, because he was always trying to impress me.

There was another nerdy kid that used to always keep to himself. He's the type that had his socks pulled up to his knees, and didnt talk to anyone. One day after gym class while everyone was in the gym waiting for the bell to ring, I see this kid sitting at the top of the bleachers just sort of staring into space. I tell my special ed side kick that this kid had just called him a name, which was a lie of course, so he went up to confront him. Special Ed kid was just dogging nerdy kid, and nerdy kid was staring towards the ceiling, blank faced and probably just praying for that bell to hurry up and ring. After about 5 minutes, probably the longest 5 minutes in nerdy kids life, I dare special ed kid to punch nerdy kid in the face...and he did. I then saw a single tear stream down nerdy kids face while he continues to stare blank faced towards the ceiling. I felt so bad I cried myself to sleep that night. I apologized to nerdy kid the next day, but no apology is good enough. The sight of that one tear streaming down his face while he sat in terror, trying to pretend we werent there, haunts me to this day.

That one is sad.

JakwoW

Aug 7, 2007
There was one kid in highschool that my buddy and I tried to befriend. This kid was a nerd, had few friends, etc. We affectionately gave him the nickname "Buttsex Nick." No, I don't know why. It just seemed to fit. Anyway, we hung out sometimes, played basketball with the kid during gym, etc, all was well. . .

About a year later, Buttsex Nick was raped by the track team he joined. For some reason, the Seniors decided it would be a good idea to haze the n00bs by sticking markers(sharpies), fingers, the back ends of screwdrivers, etc into their asses. It was a whole commotion. Well, BS Nick was devistated by this, and when 20/20 came to town to report on the incident, this kid decided it would be a good idea to spill his guts.

So here we are, watching this kid crying on 20/20 during the evening news, and it hit me that maybe we prophesied BS Nick's hardships.

I guess it wasn't directly my fault, but, I still feel bad for calling him names. He wasn't that bad of a kid.

I then found out that a couple years after graduating he went on a meth binge and ended up killing his ex gf in her lawn.

He is now in jail.

And is probably living up to his name even more.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006

I have not gone back to check, but I would guess that over 95% of the people posting stories in this thread are guys, of not 100%. Based on your name, I would guess you are a girl.

Little boys are so different from little girls. The boys are so much meaner in grammar school than girls (or, at least, the girls are more subtle in their meanness). The girls who participate in acts like these are, generally, the tom-boys.

I have been thinking of bad things that I have done (limiting myself to grammar school). Most of them I cannot post either because they were terrible and I do not want to confess to them publicly or I am not sure what the statute of limitations is on some of them ;)

MotionMan