What's the funnest car you have driven ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: geno
My car. I've driven cars that were faster, but nothing feels more secure than my little 2700lb go-kart, I know its limits very well.
That's a nice little car you have there... :D

I feel the same way. My car is definitely to most fun to drive of all the cars I have driven. (see sig)

edit: I forgot I changed my sig... My 1998 Ford Contour SVT

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Funnest would have to be a truck actually. While I've driven some 'fun' cars ('90 300ZX Turbo or early 90s RX7 probably being my favorites) zipping along in a sporty car just can't compete with slothing around in the mud and dirt in a 4WD (or even non-4WD) truck IMO.

Of the trucks, my favorites were my uncle's old Ford Bronco 4WD and my cousin's 4WD Toyota (pre-tacoma) pickup. Both were fun to go slothing around in when I visited my relatives out in the country. The Toyota was surprisingly tough and could take a beating with the best of them. He'd actually use it to go down the same trails the local city-slicker Land Rover guys would use (even got to bail one out one time which made his day :)) My brother had a 2WD Jeep Cherokee which he handled surprisingly well. He'd go off-roading with his friends in rough conditions and only RARELY would he get stuck (he and his friends both had winches.)

efript

Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Windogg
BMW M5 (own)
BMW X5 4.6is (own)
BMW M3
BMW 850i
Acura NSX
Porsche 993 Turbo
Ferrari 355
Dodge Viper R/T
Ford F-150 Lightning
Mercedes Benz ML55
Mercedes Benz E55
Mercedes Benz C36

A few more in there.

omfg are you rich... m5 + x5= $130k....

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Well seing as I have driven a total of 5 cars in my life (I am only 16), I would say that the most fun was either a 96' Camaro which I got to drive for like a total of 5 min (before I had my license), or my parents 2000 Cadillac Escalade, which I get to drive quite often.

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
I have driven an awful lot of vehicles, some exotics (Lamborghini Countach and Diablo) but the most fun or coolest, whatever, had to be Interstate Highway Rescue truck for our local volunteer fire department. Turbo charged diesel, with lights and sirens. Traffic moves out of your way in a hurry!

Granted the Lambo's were only driven a few hundred yards and both under 35 MPH! (I used to work for an auto-detailing shop.)

Leetman

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2002
My ML320 is fun to drive I suppose, but my dads 2002 vette and our BMW 1200 motorcycle take the prize.

Bulldozer

Oct 12, 2001
Fastest car I've driven is my brother's supercharged '97 M3 (4.8s 0-60).

I had more fun driving the z4 he had as a courtesy car.

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001
Bumper cars -- you're *encouraged* to piss off other drivers by going full speed into their sides, your rage fueled by the faint smell of ozone. And the best part is insurance is not required! What more could you ask for? :)

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
It's a toss up between a '61 Vette and a Viper.

They were both incredibly fun, in their own way. :)