Whats the dress code at your workplace?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What do you have to wear at work?

• Formal all week long

• Business Casual all week long

• Casual all week long

• Formal 4 days and causal Fridays

• Business Casual 4 days and causal Fridays

• I work from home, naked

Results are only viewable after voting.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
the dress code hasn't really been enforced in a while, so many wear nice jeans/clean tennis shoes all the time, with a polo/casual collared shirt

friday is always hawaiian shirt day

ciba

Apr 27, 2004
Suit when I have client or management meetings. Business casual (including company logo wear) with other clients or regular office days.

Jeans ok on fridays. Or when I hit "&*%* you time" - if I hit 40 hours by the end of wednesday, I treat thursday like friday.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
Business casual (polo/slacks acceptable, since "business casual" is such a vague term...).

Casual (jeans) friday, jerseys permitted during World Cup.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I work in the media. Tends to vary where you go but casual to business casual is the norm. Just don't come to work looking like a slob is the norm. I tend to dress business casual. Only the big wigs dress formal.

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
On the job site.. its Fire retardant coveralls, hard hat, steel toe boots, saftey classes.. plus additional safety stuff as required.

When i go to the office.. ususally jeans and either t-shirt or a polo. Depends on what i'm doing there.. If i assist our tech group.. jeans and t-shirt.. if i work on final job paperwork..i'll wear jeans and polo. Normal office staff wear business casual.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Whatever goes, except shorts/skirts have to be past the knee, and no wifebeaters or other sleeveless shirts.

and your shirt cant say FUCKFUCKFUCK on it.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The actual rule is no flip-flops, t-shirts or shorts, but most people dress business casual.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
No code per se, but I always wear chinos and a collared (Land's End) type of shirt.
I would not go in with clothing that is all in tatters or ripped. As to jeans, they do allow them, but I prefer only very soft denim, which is getting harder to find.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Whatever the hell I want. Yesterday it was shorts and sandals. Today jeans and a T.

One of my coworkers typically comes in with ratty old sweatpants and stained tshirts.

Last edited:

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
From September to June business casual Monday-Thursday, more casual Friday. From mid June to end of August T Shirts and shorts.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
For us lawyers, it use to be business casual (slacks/Dockers and a polo) 4 days and casual (jeans and a polo) on Friday unless there is a reason to wear a suit (court, deposition, etc.).

However, over the past few months, without anyone really saying anything, it has become casual 5 days (except if you need to wear a suit).

For the staff, I believe it is business casual 4 days and casual Friday.

MotionMan

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Business Casual all week. Used to be shirt + tie Monday-Thursday, with Business Casual Fridays, but that changed a couple of years ago.

It's nice, I hate things touching my neck. I don't like collared shirts, but I can wear polos or what not, and leave the top button unbuttoned ... so it's nearly as comfortable as a tshirt.

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Casual all the way ... the general rule is don't be so grubby that the policy will change because of you.

I'm in shorts, sandals and a t-shirt right now. Very comfy.

The-Noid

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Formal any day I am in the office.

If out on a day whatever the event requires. Ranging from full formal to golf (which by some would still be considered "business casual").

Fun fun.

freeway

Sep 11, 2000
I'm a lawyer and have my own firm. I am in court pretty much every day, so therefore I wear a suit and tie every day. I decided to go business casual on Friday a few months ago and got busted by one of the senior Judges for not having "proper attire for a lawyer". I was filing papers with the prothonotary on a Friday afternoon. Oh well, at least I can take my tie off when i am in the office.

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
My business is construction, so very casual, but I try to avoid jeans during the week.