Whats the dress code at your workplace?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What do you have to wear at work?

• Formal all week long

• Business Casual all week long

• Casual all week long

• Formal 4 days and causal Fridays

• Business Casual 4 days and causal Fridays

• I work from home, naked

Results are only viewable after voting.

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
skin tight white tank top, orange short shorts, shiny pantyhose, white poofy socks, white gym shoes

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Provided uniform. Collared shirt, burgundy, with navy blue pants.
I work in a plant, in the IT dept... But everyone here wears the same uniform, even the president.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Silicon Valley office here, so we're all casual except for the guys and gals who have to meet customers in person. I've worn a Hawaiian shirt to work a couple of times, but we can get away with shorts and flip flops if we wanted to. Sometimes I shave every 3 days or so.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
grad student, so whatever I pull out of the hamper. Shave religiously, once a week.

Valawe

Jun 6, 2009
My boss told me the first day, "The dress code is to wear clothes."

Cargo shorts and t-shirts every day!!

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
I quit Friday but it was casual all week long. That was one of the best things about working there.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Whatever we want... shoes are optional.

JelloShirt.jpg

Apr 17, 2003
it's supposed to be business casual unless we are meeting clients...but you can pretty much where whatever the hell you want without anyone saying shit.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
slacks and a polo; IT intern.

regular IT gets to wear slacks and a polo this time of year, buttoned shirt (tie required for meetings) the rest of the year.

there are casual fridays on which IT can wear jeans...except, since Im out and about the hospital all the time, i *cant* so meh.

roguerower

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2004
Jeans, polo, steel-toe boots,

When I leave the job trailer I throw on a hard-hat, safety glasses, gloves, reflective vest.

I love my dress code.

FRC
Steeltoed boots
Hardhat
Safety glasses
Hearing protection
Gloves

Construction? What kind?

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
A lab jacket and tie.

Of course me being me I hate them and only wear them when my boss's boss comes around so they don't give him crap. He's a pretty good guy and I don't need him getting grief because of me.

Why do I get away with it? Because I'm that good, and humble too :D

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Steeltoed boots
Hardhat
Safety glasses
Hearing protection
Gloves

I suppose I should, legally, be wearing this. Boots are the only safety gear I wear though, and safety glasses when cutting above my head simply cause I don't like getting sawdust in my eyes.